TESTERS WANTED! ×

Sub70 golf

Sluggo42

41 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Sorry, I missed this earlier.

My impression of and comments about NL are strictly based on the attitude I see posted on Twitter from the main account, which I can only assume is the owner.   Just seems to be a very combative and defensive attitude about their product.  Not really the type of company I would take a chance on investing my money on their product. 

On the flip-side, I've only seen positive, genuine and helpful posts from Sub 70.  The kind interaction that makes me want to buy a set of irons from them, even though another set is the last thing I need right now...ha

I have to agree with you... My interaction with NL has not been the most positive. On the other side of the coin the interaction I have had with Sub70 on this site and when I have reached out to answer some small questions has been extremely positive! 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

A few quick highlights from the most recent Players Distance Iron Most Wanted testing are attached.  We're never going to suggest that our equipment is far superior to any other major manufacturer.  We think there are a ton of great options out there these days and to some degree it's hard to go wrong.  However, we do think that our clubs perform similarly and in some cases even better than clubs that are 2x-3x more expensive.  We stand behind our product 100% and will offer the absolute best customer service in the industry.  Save the money and spend it elsewhere...whether that is on golf related stuff (lessons, range time, more rounds of golf, a membership, a golf trip, golf balls, etc) or even on non-golf related expenses. 

MGS 699 Cost.png

MGS 699 Graph.png

1 hour ago, GolfSub70 said:

A few quick highlights from the most recent Players Distance Iron Most Wanted testing are attached.  We're never going to suggest that our equipment is far superior to any other major manufacturer.  We think there are a ton of great options out there these days and to some degree it's hard to go wrong.  However, we do think that our clubs perform similarly and in some cases even better than clubs that are 2x-3x more expensive.  We stand behind our product 100% and will offer the absolute best customer service in the industry.  Save the money and spend it elsewhere...whether that is on golf related stuff (lessons, range time, more rounds of golf, a membership, a golf trip, golf balls, etc) or even on non-golf related expenses. 

MGS 699 Cost.png

MGS 699 Graph.png

i swear I don't NEED another set of irons.  But the finish in this testing, the absolute beauty of the clubs and the price, just make me want to buy them......despite the no need.   Would that be wrong 😎

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

The 699’s were above a lot of serious contenders...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

i swear I don't NEED another set of irons.  But the finish in this testing, the absolute beauty of the clubs and the price, just make me want to buy them......despite the no need.   Would that be wrong 

We have already established that you are driven by want and not need when it comes to golf clubs.

While the 699s are a nice club. I would personally go for the 639s. My guess is that they will do well in the players iron category. Easier to hit than most of the other irons in that category....at least in my opinion.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

We have already established that you are driven by want and not need when it comes to golf clubs.

While the 699s are a nice club. I would personally go for the 639s. My guess is that they will do well in the players iron category. Easier to hit than most of the other irons in that category....at least in my opinion.

No doubt.  As nice as they are, the 639's would be more suited to my game.  Don't think I'm going to get 1 hole in one then go all crazy and all....ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

The 639s were so good when I demoed them! So consistent, very forgiving. Such a good iron!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

FYI, I see the 639 and 699 are up for demo now. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

I really hope that these will be coming to the UK eventually - they look incredible irons. Seems like grat customer service too! 

Driver::titelist-small: TS2 (GD AD Tour)

Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 3 Wood

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 (Dynamic Gold)

Irons: :titelist-small: T100 5 - 9i (KBS C-Taper 130g x-stiff)

Wedges::vokey-small: SM7 46, 50, 54, 58

Putter:  Toulon Las Vegas with StrokeLab shaft/ :bettinardi-1: 2021 SS28 Armlock

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5X

1 hour ago, HarryC said:

I really hope that these will be coming to the UK eventually - they look incredible irons. Seems like grat customer service too! 

We do ship internationally and there is a freight calculator on our website.  That should give you an idea of what it would cost to get your order shipped over to the UK.  If you have any questions at all just let us know.  Thanks!

Check this out- kinda echos my thoughts

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve seen a lot of comments about the 639 and 699s here. They also have a game improvement iron the 739 that I am demoing now for those of us that need a little help. I’ve played a couple of rounds with the 6 and 9 irons they sent and I’m impressed. I’ve tried just about every GI that’s come out the last couple of years and these more than hold their own. They don’t lack in distance, they get the ball up in the air easy from short or long grass and my accuracy has been better. I thought I had narrowed my choices down to 2 but these have elbowed their way in and they are half the cost I was planning on spending. The 739s are really worth considering if you’re looking for a Game Improvement iron.

D- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

Hybrid- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699 U  21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges- Sub 70 286 50+54, Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree 

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach soft # 11

Ball- Titleist Tour Soft

Got the call yesterday...639 MB's are on the way!!!!! cant wait to play them. The 4-6 in the Cb's have been awesome so far. Will update when they arrive next week

TM M5 9* LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 6x

TM M6 15* LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 7x

Callaway Epic Forged 4i Aerotech Steelfiber FC115

Mizuno MP 20MMC 4 - PW Aerotech Steelfiber FC115

TM Milled Grind 2 50*, 54* UST Recoil Prototype 125

TM Bigfoot 58* UST Recoil Wedge Prototype 125

Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

8 hours ago, Bossfan said:

I’ve seen a lot of comments about the 639 and 699s here. They also have a game improvement iron the 739 that I am demoing now for those of us that need a little help. I’ve played a couple of rounds with the 6 and 9 irons they sent and I’m impressed. I’ve tried just about every GI that’s come out the last couple of years and these more than hold their own. They don’t lack in distance, they get the ball up in the air easy from short or long grass and my accuracy has been better. I thought I had narrowed my choices down to 2 but these have elbowed their way in and they are half the cost I was planning on spending. The 739s are really worth considering if you’re looking for a Game Improvement iron.

Thanks for the comment and feedback. The 739s went through a TON of testing. They performed really well in the MGS Most Wanted testing as well and the cost is unbelievable compared to some of the other GI irons. If you ever have any questions just let us know. 

On 6/10/2019 at 12:12 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

i swear I don't NEED another set of irons.  But the finish in this testing, the absolute beauty of the clubs and the price, just make me want to buy them......despite the no need.   Would that be wrong 😎

Revolving door at a gentleman's club.... revolving door....😁😂🤣

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Well, I took the plunge, and decided I’d add the 639mb to my existing 639cb’s! Decided 7-PW would be the sticks I’d add in. Same Modus 120 shaft, and MCC grips.

I wanted to do it because I absolutely LOVE blades irons in the short irons. And, while the CB’s are phenomenal across the set, I feel like the MB’s may give me some more workability when I need it. 

I have told everyone that talks golf to me, about how good the Sub 70 stuff is, and it truly is. Said it before and I’ll say again - if you’re in the market, you owe it to yourself to check them out.

When I started working on replacing everything stolen from my truck in March, if you told me that I’d have 2 hybrids (3 & 4), 3 wedges (52*, 56* & 60*) and a full set of sticks (4-PW 639CB), I would have told you you were crazy. And now to think they’re good enough that I’ve gone back to the well to try the new stuff?! Unfathomable, lol!!

Once they arrive, I’ll post some pics! I’m loving this stuff though. It’s so good. So, so good!

Edited by BuddaBlades
Change verbiage

In the bag:

Driver: Titleist TS3 - Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro 7x

Fairways/Hybrids: Sub70 939x 3H & 4H w/ Pro Force V2 X 

Irons: Sub70 639 CB 4i-6i, 639 MB 7i-PW - Modus Tour 120S

Wedges: Sub70 Wedges - 52*, 56* 60*

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Black - 34.5" 3* flat

Looking forward to hearing about the mb’s

now played 4 rounds with the MB's are they are incredible!!! very forgiving for a blade. Easy to work left or right, but ive found these to go super straight compared to my old P770's.

Also ive noticed about 5 extra yards with the MB's even tho the lofts are weaker compared to what I used to play (and yes that's including higher spin rate also). 

These cut through the turf quite easily and haven't hit a fat, chunky shot....yet. My whole bag is new this year and these irons are by far my favorite investment! and cost less than just my driver

TM M5 9* LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 6x

TM M6 15* LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 7x

Callaway Epic Forged 4i Aerotech Steelfiber FC115

Mizuno MP 20MMC 4 - PW Aerotech Steelfiber FC115

TM Milled Grind 2 50*, 54* UST Recoil Prototype 125

TM Bigfoot 58* UST Recoil Wedge Prototype 125

Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

....from the 2019 most wanted players iron:

• Among the top-rated irons for feel in this year’s Players CB test were the Mizuno JPX 919 Tour; and a surprising newcomer, the Sub70 639 CB. The 919s feature a 1025E Grain Flow Forged HD carbon steel head and a CNC milled face to offer the feel you’d expect from a Mizuno iron. The Sub70 639 CB is a direct-to-consumer iron that provides excellent feel in a traditional Player’s CB head shape at an extremely reasonable price.

To be mentioned alongside the Mizuno's is some serious stuff.... Congrats to @GolfSub70 !  
Everyone who has researched clubs has heard of the Mizuno mystique and to be right up there with the same feel is really awesome.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the post and feedback @Bossfan!  We truly want every single Sub 70 customer to be 100% satisfied with their purchase.  It's always great to hear about positive experiences and we will keep doing everything we can to make sure other golfers get what they need/want.  Let us know how the 739s work for you whenever you get a chance to put them in play and if there is ever anything that we can do to help just let us know!

I picked up my 739 irons yesterday and played my first round today. It took a few holes to get used to clubs that were actually made for my height. The clubs were shorter than what I had before and at the start I hit about every other shot a little thin. By the back 9 shots were launching easy and my accuracy was definitely better than what Its been most days this year. I noticed with the 8,9 and PW that the ball was not rolling much past my ball mark on the green. I can’t wait to see how I’m scoring after few more rounds. I’m really glad I took a chance on Sub 70. I think they look pretty sharp too.5D47201B-5241-4C49-85FF-499439EF81A6.thumb.jpeg.4a44511fa8efdb8d13cddd15de3dd645.jpeg1A0A0E04-53BE-449D-8BC9-37299D049EF4.thumb.jpeg.c05200b124f7507862288abe68031879.jpeg9BFA868B-F603-430D-923B-5A8279AEE275.thumb.jpeg.0f2a5d3f0345ebfb5b9ace498251f0d0.jpegAEBEB426-B26D-4289-8D61-33FE76463B6D.thumb.jpeg.c69b9054ee82d57006ca2502d0ced1e8.jpeg

D- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

Hybrid- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699 U  21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges- Sub 70 286 50+54, Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree 

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach soft # 11

Ball- Titleist Tour Soft

The 639 MB PLUS are looking sexy!!! I'm afraid if I buy those, I'll leave my 919F forgotten, lonely in the basement...

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

The 639 MB PLUS are looking sexy!!! I'm afraid if I buy those, I'll leave my 919F forgotten, lonely in the basement...

I sent back the CB, and they’re sending me the MB plus to try. Really looking forward to it!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

I sent back the CB, and they’re sending me the MB plus to try. Really looking forward to it!!!

Very interested to hear what you think of the MB+.  There are a few guys on our team that absolutely love them.  I have been playing the CB for the last year or so but will likely end up with a combo set of either MB or MB+ irons in 7-W.

And if these are the same guys behind DiamondTour... I already know their customer service is top notch! I'm having trouble finding a reason not to buy another set 😄

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT