TESTERS WANTED! ×

Sub70 golf

Sluggo42

5 hours ago, PMookie said:

I sent back the CB, and they’re sending me the MB plus to try. Really looking forward to it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How did they feel compared to the HMP?

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

8 hours ago, Kanoito said:

The 639 MB PLUS are looking sexy!!! I'm afraid if I buy those, I'll leave my 919F forgotten, lonely in the basement...

Interesting that you would replace your 919 forged(currently top of my list when I replace mine) for these. Haven't tried anything from sub70 yet but will probably try to demo the 639CB in the next few weeks. 

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

The MB's are still the best blade that I have played in quite some time. If I hadn't just made the move to the Staff Models for my PGA PAT next month, I would have totally jumped on them.

If you're in the market for a player's iron, you NEED to consider the MB series. They are long, workable, and flight better than anything else out there - bar none!

In The Bag:

:wilson-small: Cortex Driver - 9° - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7 X-Flex Shaft - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: Staff Model Blades - 3-PW - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: PMP RAW Wedges - 50°, 54° & 58° - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:odyssey-small: Tri-Hot #3 (2002) Putter - Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 Grip

:titelist-small: AVX Balls  +  :wilson-small: Exo Bag  +  :footjoy-small: shoes

How did they feel compared to the HMP?

Awesome! True forged vs not forged.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

8 hours ago, pozzit said:

Interesting that you would replace your 919 forged(currently top of my list when I replace mine) for these. Haven't tried anything from sub70 yet but will probably try to demo the 639CB in the next few weeks. 

Oh no. Haven't replaced them yet... just afraid I will if I buy them to test around 😛

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Really looking into a combo set of the 639 MB Plus (8-PW) and the 639 CB Irons (4-7). I really love the longer blade style on the plus irons I really think they look buttery. 

Keep it up Sub70, love what you guys are doing!

WITB 2019

Driver: :taylormade-small:Taylormade M2 8.5 w/ Xstiff Aldila RIP Beta shaft

2 Iron: :taylormade-small:Talormade P790 UDI 17 degree w/ Hazardus Xstiff driver shaft

4-PW: :taylormade-small:Taylormade PSI iron w/ KBS C-taper stiff iron shafts

52 degree: :cleveland-small:Cleveland RTX 3

56 degree: :callaway-small:Callaway Mac Daddy 4

60 degree-::taylormade-small:Taylormade milled grind

Putter: :cameron-small:Scotty Cameron Dual Balance X5

Ball::titelist-small:ProV1x

Is there a way to go about ordering a combo set on the website or does something that specific have to be emailed in?

WITB 2019

2 Iron: :taylormade-small:Talormade P790 UDI 17 degree w/ Hazardus Xstiff driver shaft

Is there a way to go about ordering a combo set on the website or does something that specific have to be emailed in?

Doesn’t look like you can order combo sets on the website. Best bet is to contact them directly; they seem very responsive based on posted feedback.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

20 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Doesn’t look like you can order combo sets on the website. Best bet is to contact them directly; they seem very responsive based on posted feedback.

There will be an option to order combo sets soon.  Unfortunately it hasn't been activated yet since the CBs are currently out of stock.  I believe they should be back in soon though and we'll add the combo option as soon as they get restocked.  The combo sets available on the website will be the CB and regular MB though...so if someone is interested in a combo of the CB and MB+, or MB+ and MB, then they would be better off calling or emailing us.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, GolfSub70 said:

There will be an option to order combo sets soon.  Unfortunately it hasn't been activated yet since the CBs are currently out of stock.  I believe they should be back in soon though and we'll add the combo option as soon as they get restocked.  The combo sets available on the website will be the CB and regular MB though...so if someone is interested in a combo of the CB and MB+, or MB+ and MB, then they would be better off calling or emailing us.  Thanks!

Would it be weird to do MB+ and CB because the cb has less offset and i was going to do that in my longer irons? I really love the long blade on the mb+ which is wh I like it more.

WITB 2019

3 hours ago, bmaru99 said:

Would it be weird to do MB+ and CB because the cb has less offset and i was going to do that in my longer irons? I really love the long blade on the mb+ which is wh I like it more.

Honestly a good question. It could work...all depends what you're looking for and comfortable with. I'm sure most guys would combo the CB and regular MB. I would think most MB+ users will buy full sets of those. It could be a little strange since your 7 iron would have a smaller head than your W...but it could work. If you have any questions on that you can certainly reach out to our owner Jason. I'm sure he would have some thoughts on that.

Played a big 2 day tournament this past weekend, and got my MB's (7-PW, Modus 120s shafts, golf pride midsize multi compound grips +4 wraps) delivered last Thursday (7/25). Decided to game them at least in the shootout on Friday (7/26), and see what I thought. Well let me tell you...

I won the shootout with 16 guys in my group, and leaned heavily on my scoring irons. Decided they were good enough to stay in for the tournament (7/27-7/28), and my team won our flight AND the Calcutta. Again, relying heavily on my scoring irons. These things are good. I mean, really, really good. I'm a former Miura player, and this may shock you, but, the MB's feel like a Miura. They feel, to my hands, unbelievable. To say I'm stunned at the performance of these irons, would be an understatement.

I think I'll hold on to the 7-PW 639 CB's, which the MB's replaced to create my now combo set. But, I don't see any of my Sub 70 stuff leaving the bag anytime soon. Not the hybrids, not the wedges and most certainly not the irons.

Edited by BuddaBlades
mispelling

In the bag:

Driver: Titleist TS3 - Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro 7x

Fairways/Hybrids: Sub70 939x 3H & 4H w/ Pro Force V2 X 

Irons: Sub70 639 CB 4i-6i, 639 MB 7i-PW - Modus Tour 120S

Wedges: Sub70 Wedges - 52*, 56* 60*

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Black - 34.5" 3* flat

Also this:

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

8 hours ago, BuddaBlades said:

Played a big 2 day tournament this past weekend, and got my MB's (7-PW, Modus 120s shafts, golf pride midsize multi compound grips +4 wraps) delivered last Thursday (7/25). Decided to game them at least in the shootout on Friday (7/26), and see what I thought. Well let me tell you...

I won the shootout with 16 guys in my group, and leaned heavily on my scoring irons. Decided they were good enough to stay in for the tournament (7/27-7/28), and my team won our flight AND the Calcutta. Again, relying heavily on my scoring irons. These things are good. I mean, really, really good. I'm a former Miura player, and this may shock you, but, the MB's feel like a Miura. They feel, to my hands, unbelievable. To say I'm stunned at the performance of these irons, would be an understatement.

I think I'll hold on to the 7-PW 639 CB's, which the MB's replaced to create my now combo set. But, I don't see any of my Sub 70 stuff leaving the bag anytime soon. Not the hybrids, not the wedges and most certainly not the irons.

That is awesome to hear and means that new MB players got at least two big wins over the weekend! (@jacustomgolf)  I better order some of these for myself before they sell out 😂  These are great instant success stories considering how recently they became available and got into bags.

Seriously though, congratulations.  Happy to hear you are enjoying them and that they compare well with some other very high end equipment.  As always, feel free to contact us if you ever have any questions or if there is anything that we can do to help.  

My MB+ demo arrived today! It’s supposed to rain all day tomorrow, and through the weekend, so I pray I can get to a course Wednesday or Thursday!!!! It looks SO good! I can’t wait to hit it!
Thanks, Jason!

Hit the MB+ at the range today...... Mmmm, yep, it works for me! Wow. MAJOR ponder. Gotta get it on the course, but rain is coming...
D9822F43-179B-4D69-ADE9-2925B3C6C089.jpg8A5EC7CD-DB8E-4BBF-96E2-6F0C7071FBAF.jpg

]8A5EC7CD-DB8E-4BBF-96E2-6F0C7071FBAF.jpg.ae81422e01864774fd7986efcce0d738.jpg[/url]

Looks a little high on the face; hit it a little fat?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Can the wedge users comment on the grinds on these? I saw a little bit of commentary in the thread, but not too much. Are all lofts the same grind, or does the grind vary by loft? Any comps to the larger OEM grinds like Vokey/Callaway/Ping?

Looks to me based on the limited pics/commentary that they are pretty full-soled with a sharp leading edge, a bit of trailing edge relief and moderate heel relief, kind of similar to the Vokey S grind but with a little more heel relief. Is that about right, or am I way off? 

Also the black CBs look amazing...might need to test them next to the new black Hogan PTX pros in a battle of the consumer direct brands!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

Looks a little high on the face; hit it a little fat?

Our range is basically rough,... And the balls are worse!

Congrats to @GolfSub70 for winning best value hybrid in 2019 !!

https://mygolfspy.com/2019-most-wanted-hybrid/

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

4 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Congrats to @GolfSub70 for winning best value hybrid in 2019 !!

https://mygolfspy.com/2019-most-wanted-hybrid/

We're very proud to be awarded the "best value hybrid"...but more importantly want to say thanks to all of the early adopters and supporters.  We officially launched about 8 months ago.  We will continue to improve as time goes on.  The goal will always be to provide the best clubs, prices and customer service possible.  Thank you all.

• 2 weeks later...

699 vs. 739

There's been a lot of conversation comparing the CB's to the 699s. Has anyone compared the 699 and the 739?

I have been playing regularly the past year. I also don't see myself slowing down at all and have seen steady and consistent improvement. My current irons are 25+ year old Ping Zing 2's. 

I am looking to upgrade to a new set. I am a 24 handicap right now but want a club that I can get excited about for the next 5+ years.

I plan on demoing both clubs, but wanted to get y'all's thoughts. The 699s look amazing and am wondering if my game would be worthy of them. They seem to have a higher ceiling than the GI irons and something I could play with for a long time.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

I bought the 739s. When I ordered the demos to try Jason called me to make sure I was ordering the right irons to try. I’ve been bouncing between a 14/16 handicap the past year so he felt the 739s were the best fit for me. I tried them and liked them a lot. They were comparable to any GI iron I demoed. I decided to buy them and went to there facility to get fit. Unfortunately I’ve only used them twice because 4 days after I received them the retina in my right eye detached and I’ve been on the shelf. I can’t wait to get back to using them but first impression after the 2 rounds were very positive. That being said there is no reason you can’t demo both it will only cost you $40.

D- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

Hybrid- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699 U  21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges- Sub 70 286 50+54, Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree 

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach soft # 11

Ball- Titleist Tour Soft

Came home to a set of black 639-CB demos sitting on my front porch yesterday. These things look exceptional!
The handwritten note from Jason and the bag of tees were a nice touch as well. 
Pretty excited to hit the range with them tomorrow and play a round with them in the bag on Saturday.i6jtygvnj0f31.jpg

Nice! How many irons did you get?

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2019 at 4:45 PM, PMookie said:

Nice! How many irons did you get?

The demo sets come with a 6 iron and a 9 iron. They charge $120 to start the demo, then refund $100 of that when the clubs are returned. They provide a return shipping label.

The demo sets come with a 6 iron and a 9 iron. They charge $120 to start the demo, then refund $100 of that when the clubs are returned. They provide a return shipping label.

Yeah, I’ve demoed a couple 6 irons, just never got a 9 iron as well.

So two months ago I got a hold of the 699 demos.  To be honest, they felt better than I expected.  I expected them to feel harsh and a bit hollow like the Ping I500.  I was pleasantly surprised at the softer than expected feel.  I was super pleased at the distance and overall look of the clubs.  The IRL toplines and soles are not as thick as they look in the pictures.

So earlier this month while I was in Chicago for business, I went out to the facility in Sycamore and got fitted.  Jason is the best.  I couldn't understand how the heavier 699 demo clubs were flying farther than my clubs with lighter shafts.  After hitting 5 shots with my club, Jason showed me the lighter shafts were adding too much spin.  We tried a few different shafts and joila...much closer to optimal ball flight and distances. Jason also pointed out that my grips were too small so we went with midsized grips on my order.

I have had my irons now for about two weeks.  I have played 5 rounds and they are sooooo impressive.  I used to play a little cut but now I have to change my aiming point because they only want to go straight (tuff problem to have).  When I say we optimized my ball flight with the correct shaft, I mean it is very close to perfect.  my 6 iron numbers were 89 mph swing speed, 128 mph ball speed, 5716 backspin for 184 yards of carry.  I don't think it can get batter than that for my swing.  I am beyond happy with the end result so far.  Once i learn how to aim straight, I will be dangerous LOL.

Do yourself a favor and at least demo an iron or two.  You will not regret it.  Even if you hate the clubs, it only cost you $20.