Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
Sluggo42

Sub70 golf

5 minutes ago, chemclub said:

Definitely have to give these a look after my current wedges wear out. 

@Sluggo42 do you let those raw wedges just rust or do you oil them?

Now there’s a question I don’t know the answer to. Seeing how they’re made of stainless steel, I don’t know that they’re going to get all that rusty, but perhaps more of a “patina”?

• Like 3

They are raw steel so they should get a nice dark rusty patina all over them - which I love the look and feel of.

Some guys oil them but I prefer the tarnished look.

@GolfSub70, What are the holes for on the back of the wedge? Just for looks or did you guys have a plan for them?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chemclub said:

They are raw steel so they should get a nice dark rusty patina all over them - which I love the look and feel of.

@GolfSub70, What are the holes for on the back of the wedge? Just for looks or did you guys have a plan for them?

I love that rusty look on my wedges too. 

I would assume the holes are for swing weighting and heel/toe balancing similar to what Callaway does with their wedges. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chemclub said:

GB13 is correct.  Removing some weight from that area of the wedge allows us to adjust SW and move the CG on the face a bit.  Better flight, feel, etc.

As far as the raw wedges...they will certainly rust over time, but it's probably more of an aesthetic/patina thing than anything.  I personally don't oil mine.   Some photos of mine are attached.  I only had them outside for 10-15 rounds so they're probably on the lower end of the weathering.  I've seen others that have a much more distinct look and I'm sure mine will get there in the spring.

20190212_083518.jpg

20190212_083546.jpg

• Like 7

Has anyone had a chance to hit the driver or 3 wood yet? I'm curious how people who have hit them think they stack up to the current 2019 models out in the market right now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DPattGolf said:

Has anyone had a chance to hit the driver or 3 wood yet? I'm curious how people who have hit them think they stack up to the current 2019 models out in the market right now.

I have hit the Driver as part of most wanted testing (pretty sure I commented earlier in the thread),  I am sure the three wood will be tested later.  Driver isn't bad but I didn't like the sound,  performance was in the range of most of other drivers but I think there is some room for improvement.  For me,  I would probably chose one of the mainstream models but if you aren't purchasing now,  it is a club to consider in the future.   after hitting the irons,  I think they have a good product with the cavity back and I am interested in seeing how it compares to the other irons.  

• Like 4

It only makes sense that the super premium (high priced) equipment would open the door to a niche of affordable quality products.

Nice lineup of clubs and a cool logo.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

I got a chance to visit [mention=76062]golfsub70[/mention] today. If you follow my instagram (joshandersongolf) you probably saw the posts. I will be working with[mention=76062]golfsub70[/mention] as a brand ambassador. Now today I got to hit the 639cb irons and they were every bit as good as my Srixon irons. I will give honest feedback all year and I hope all of you follow along in the Tour Talk thread. 2019 will be a great year and look for more posts as I get the clubs starting next week.

IMG_9315.thumb.JPG.5410ef075a2c9d5c837a79c4fcedf56a.JPG

IMG_9316.thumb.JPG.fd08603a42addde439b86a494d050eb9.JPG

Witb?

I’m very excited to hit the cavity back irons. I suspect I’m ready to change equipment and need to be refit into stronger shafts - certainly for irons and hybrid -

• Like 5

6 hours ago, chemclub said:

how come you can't buy the hat off their website?

Long story but we can't sell the hats.  I'll say this...if you ever place any kind of order (demo club, towel, hat, bag, etc) just let me know and I'll get one in there.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, revkev said:

I’m very excited to hit the cavity back irons. I suspect I’m ready to change equipment and need to be refit into stronger shafts - certainly for irons and hybrid -

If you have any questions just let us know.  Of course you can use the demo program to try them out...we should be able to make a shaft recommendation if the demo club shaft isn't quite perfect

• Like 4

Any info on Canadian shipping? Have you sent any sets up here? How was the customs situation? This can be an additional hidden cost that, (through no fault of yours) would definitely add to the cost of these clubs. Possible to do demo clubs up here as well?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, newballcoach said:

Any info on Canadian shipping? Have you sent any sets up here? How was the customs situation? This can be an additional hidden cost that, (through no fault of yours) would definitely add to the cost of these clubs. Possible to do demo clubs up here as well?

I know that we can definitely get clubs up there...the S&H costs will obviously increase but we can do it.  If you're interested in shipping costs for something in particular you can always email or message me and we can request a quote for the specific box size/weight shipped to your address.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GolfSub70 said:

If you have any questions just let us know.  Of course you can use the demo program to try them out...we should be able to make a shaft recommendation if the demo club shaft isn't quite perfect

I have every intention of doing just that - It's a busy time of the year for me so I may have to wait until after Easter - but then again maybe not - 🙂

• Like 4