Our Sponsors

We're going to try and set that up soon.  It's sad because I feel like our message on customer service and quality has been abused by other companies and is worthless at this point...but we would have never started this company if a) we didn't believe the products could compete performance wise with the other stuff out there, and b) we couldn't commit to providing the best customer service possible.  At the end of the day we are just very passionate golfers.  We're always happy to hear people have had enjoyable experiences with their orders or demos.  
Your message on costumer service and quality may be getting abused by other companies but it is most definitely not worthless for you, just for them. To me (I'm sure others feel the same way), that is how you set yourself apart and succeed.

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with for MGS testing. Hopefully the 699's are involved!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 7

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a couple pictures of our newest prototype. The 639-G wouldn't be available until 2020 if we decide to move forward, but I thought I would share. It should fit between the MB and CB...MB profi

So, I’ve been lurking around here for 2+ years. I don’t really comment a lot, but I LOVE to read, and then I stumbled across this thread, and felt compelled to comment. I recently had my ENTIRE B

So I went through another TrueGolfFit fitting yesterday, to get a look at how the 2019 sticks would fit me, and this came up...   I'm going to be in Chicago next week and made arrangem

Posted Images

We're going to try and set that up soon.  It's sad because I feel like our message on customer service and quality has been abused by other companies and is worthless at this point...but we would have never started this company if a) we didn't believe the products could compete performance wise with the other stuff out there, and b) we couldn't commit to providing the best customer service possible.  At the end of the day we are just very passionate golfers.  We're always happy to hear people have had enjoyable experiences with their orders or demos.  

The only opinion you should ever worry about belongs to you and your soul.

Chef Sean Brock said that recently and I think it’s worth sharing.

It’s nice to see what you guys are making, keep at it
  • Like 6
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

Alas, my beloved MB is headed back today as well. I'll be waiting for these to hit online... If you think you want to try a blade - even for a moment - put these on your short list!

20190331_172338.jpg

• Like 6

In The Bag:

:wilson-small: Cortex Driver - 9° - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7 X-Flex Shaft - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: Staff Model Blades - 3-PW - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: PMP RAW Wedges - 50°, 54° & 58° - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:odyssey-small: Tri-Hot #3 (2002) Putter - Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 Grip

:titelist-small: AVX Balls  +  :wilson-small: Exo Bag  +  :footjoy-small: shoes

Now that golf season is here in Ontario I'm looking to give these irons a try. I've been looking to upgrade for a year plus but just haven't wanted to take the plunge. Buying irons (moreso than other clubs I think) is an investment. They're expensive and you're going to have them 5+ years likely. I really love the look of those 699's and I can't wait to order a demo and give them a go. Bonus points for being less than a mortgage payment!

• Like 3

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Alas, my beloved MB is headed back today as well. I'll be waiting for these to hit online... If you think you want to try a blade - even for a moment - put these on your short list!
20190331_172338.thumb.jpg.f41766a779744225d85bf87f705dec79.jpg

Did you take any pics from different angles? I’d like to see the rest of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

That sweet spot looks about the size of the center bump...

Edited by Sluggo42
  • Like 3

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Did you take any pics from different angles? I’d like to see the rest of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Here's a few more different ones for you. 20190324_163129.jpg20190324_163201.jpg20190324_163022.jpg20190331_175033.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

In The Bag:

:wilson-small: Cortex Driver - 9° - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7 X-Flex Shaft - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: Staff Model Blades - 3-PW - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: PMP RAW Wedges - 50°, 54° & 58° - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:odyssey-small: Tri-Hot #3 (2002) Putter - Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 Grip

:titelist-small: AVX Balls  +  :wilson-small: Exo Bag  +  :footjoy-small: shoes

I was going to call Sub 70 but thought I’d ask here I stead as others might be interested.

Any thoughts on how the 739’s and the 639’s might fit together? I’d envision PW-8 with the 639’s and 7-5 with the 739.

I’m an older moderate swing speed shallow swinger (picker) who still has a single digit handicap. But I need the bigger platform in those middle irons.

I currently game Ping G 30’s. Love them from 7 iron up - can’t stand the 9 iron and wedge - oh do I dislike the look of them and the lack of feel and difficulty in control the trajectory.

Thoughts on how to make that combo work?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

3 hours ago, revkev said:

I was going to call Sub 70 but thought I’d ask here I stead as others might be interested.

Any thoughts on how the 739’s and the 639’s might fit together? I’d envision PW-8 with the 639’s and 7-5 with the 739.

I’m an older moderate swing speed shallow swinger (picker) who still has a single digit handicap. But I need the bigger platform in those middle irons.

I currently game Ping G 30’s. Love them from 7 iron up - can’t stand the 9 iron and wedge - oh do I dislike the look of them and the lack of feel and difficulty in control the trajectory.

Thoughts on how to make that combo work?

Good question.  The combo that you mentioned could certainly work.  The stock 639 8 iron is 36* and the 739 7 iron is 30*...you could bend the 8 iron down to 35* and the 7 iron  to 31*.  If you wanted you could then bend the 6 iron to 27*.  The 5 iron is already 23* so that would fit nicely.  You'd have something like the following...

44* PW (639)

40* 9 iron (639)

35* 8 iron (639)

31* 7 iron (739)

27* 6 iron (739)

23* 5 iron (739)

Of course you could always bend the 9 iron and PW down a degree if you wanted to avoid that 5* gap between the 8 and 9 iron.  Then you'd probably want 48, 52 an 56 degree wedges.  That split probably makes the most sense. 

The next best option would be hybrids which some people love and some people hate.  We have hybrids in 18*, 21*, 24* and 27* lofts...so you could do a few hybrids and then fill out the rest of the set with the 639s.  

Edited by GolfSub70
  • Like 7
Good question.  The combo that you mentioned could certainly work.  The stock 639 8 iron is 36* and the 739 7 iron is 30*...you could bend the 8 iron down to 35* and the 7 iron  to 31*.  If you wanted you could then bend the 6 iron to 27*.  The 5 iron is already 23* so that would fit nicely.  You'd have something like the following...
44* PW (639)
40* 9 iron (639)
35* 8 iron (639)
31* 7 iron (739)
27* 6 iron (739)
23* 5 iron (739)
Of course you could always bend the 8 iron, 9 iron and PW down a degree if you wanted to avoid that 5* gap between the 8 and 9 iron.  Then you'd probably want 48, 52 an 56 degree wedges.  That split probably makes the most sense. 
The next best option would be hybrids which some people love and some people hate.  We have hybrids in 18*, 21*, 24* and 27* lofts...so you could do a few hybrids and then fill out the rest of the set with the 639s.  

I think I like the first option - on paper at least - but it’s given me another thought also. I’m going to call this afternoon about doing a demo so that I can see and touch these babies for myself.

Thanks

• Like 5

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

39 minutes ago, revkev said:

I think I like the first option - on paper at least - but it’s given me another thought also. I’m going to call this afternoon about doing a demo so that I can see and touch these babies for myself.

Thanks

That sounds great.  If you have any additional questions you can always email Jason at Jason@GolfSub70.com  He'd be the guy to talk to about blending the sets and what options might make the most sense.  It's super easy to bend the CBs to whatever lofts you want.  It's a little more difficult with the casted 739s but I think we could move those a degree or two if necessary.  I'm sure there's a solution somewhere between the 739s, 699s, 639s and hybrids if necessary.  Thanks!

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I know a couple people who build clubs. One makes custom irons. They feel good and hit well. They work for a good amount of people. I say play what you like. Give them a whirl!

Sent using the MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Driver:    :ping-small: i20 8.5*, Project X Blue, stiff

Fairway Woods:   :taylormade-small: r9 3W 15*, r9 5W 19* Fujikura Motore 70 stiff

Irons:    :ping-small: i210's 4-UW

Wedges:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 55* :callaway-small: MD3 Milled S Grind 60* 

Putter:    :ping-small: B60i Isopur

these irons are the real deal! I played Srixon z965's for a while and recently got fit in the Z forged. Held off on purchasing since I was interested in the 639 MB's. Im just over an hour from Sub 70 hq so I went and hit these in person... both the CB and MB feel incredible. The consistency of the MB is what sold me. with the 7i I hit 10 straight shots between 173 - 178 and accurate. Of course mishits will be punished with a blade, but even ones I caught slightly thin still flew right on line.

Ordered a 4-6 in the 639 CB. and 7- Pw in the 639 MB (coming out in 4 weeks). The wedges felt incredible as well. They felt better than my $200 Ping Glide Forged

What sold me most is their incredible customer service and Jason wanting to make sure you are perfectly happy before leaving the facility. received a follow up call the next day to confirm the specs I fit in to.... Not that I plan on returning them but Jason stressed if theres anything ever wrong or you simply aren't happy to let him know and he'll work on refunding the purchase. Said he would feel horrible if his customers were not truly happy with the equipment. From what I saw in hitting the irons I plan on keeping them forever

Give Sub 70 a real shot vs any OEM blades. They are fantastic!!

• Like 9

TM M5 9* LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 6x

TM M6 15* LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 7x

Callaway Epic Forged 4i Aerotech Steelfiber FC115

Mizuno MP 20MMC 4 - PW Aerotech Steelfiber FC115

TM Milled Grind 2 50*, 54* UST Recoil Prototype 125

TM Bigfoot 58* UST Recoil Wedge Prototype 125

Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

Got a 50 degree wedge on order earlier today. Haven't been happy with my current gap wedge and have been looking around. Loved my previous 52 degree Mizuno T7, that was replaced by a Vokey SM7, but the Vokey just never felt quite as good. Excited to see if Sub 70 can claim one of my favorite spots in the bag.

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small:  Rogue 9*, -1" length
FW: :callaway-small:  Epic SZ 13.5*, 18* -.5" length

Utility: :titelist-small:  816 H2 21*
Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF 16, std. lenght/lie
Wedges: :mizuno-small:  T7 Blue Ion, 52*, 56*, 60*
Putter: :odyssey-small:  #7S
Ball: K-sig (until I run out)

RH golfer from Detroit, MI with a 14 handicap, working towards single digits

I’ve held off on buying because of being selected for the Ping long club test - that will be an additional fitting plus give me a good sense of the longest iron to bag and best shaft.

My buddy ordered the 639 CB which is what I’m looking at. His specs are radically different from mine but at least I will be able to eye ball them before I order.

Can’t wait to be a part of the Sub 70 group.

• Like 5

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Well, within less than 24 hours of ordering my 50 degree satin wedge, I got my call from Jason to confirm the specs I had ordered. I cannot begin to tell you how genuine the call actually felt. That kind of customer service is what makes us golfers feel like we actually matter to the company whose gear we use.

I will honestly say that that call, at the perfect timing, just made me hold off on completing an order for a new set of irons through a different company. I'd feel like I'd be a fool to a) jump on an impulse buy for a deal without having swung the irons and b) not being patient to see how the Sub 70 wedge does for a trial.

• Like 8

Driver: :callaway-small:  Rogue 9*, -1" length
FW: :callaway-small:  Epic SZ 13.5*, 18* -.5" length

Utility: :titelist-small:  816 H2 21*
Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF 16, std. lenght/lie
Wedges: :mizuno-small:  T7 Blue Ion, 52*, 56*, 60*
Putter: :odyssey-small:  #7S
Ball: K-sig (until I run out)

RH golfer from Detroit, MI with a 14 handicap, working towards single digits

On 2/5/2019 at 12:11 AM, fixyurdivot said:

Who cares if they perform, the name is cool! 😀  @GolfSub70, I was fitted for G400's this past summer and still haven't pulled the trigger on moving on from my PE2's (like getting the old blanket away from Linus).  What in your line up would be comparable?

Depends if it refers to age or strokes!

• Like 2

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag