Sluggo42

Sub70 golf

Our Sponsors

now played 4 rounds with the MB's are they are incredible!!! very forgiving for a blade. Easy to work left or right, but ive found these to go super straight compared to my old P770's.

Also ive noticed about 5 extra yards with the MB's even tho the lofts are weaker compared to what I used to play (and yes that's including higher spin rate also). 

These cut through the turf quite easily and haven't hit a fat, chunky shot....yet. My whole bag is new this year and these irons are by far my favorite investment! and cost less than just my driver

• Like 5

....from the 2019 most wanted players iron:

• Among the top-rated irons for feel in this year’s Players CB test were the Mizuno JPX 919 Tour; and a surprising newcomer, the Sub70 639 CB. The 919s feature a 1025E Grain Flow Forged HD carbon steel head and a CNC milled face to offer the feel you’d expect from a Mizuno iron. The Sub70 639 CB is a direct-to-consumer iron that provides excellent feel in a traditional Player’s CB head shape at an extremely reasonable price.

To be mentioned alongside the Mizuno's is some serious stuff.... Congrats to @GolfSub70 !  
Everyone who has researched clubs has heard of the Mizuno mystique and to be right up there with the same feel is really awesome.

• Like 5

Thanks for the post and feedback @Bossfan!  We truly want every single Sub 70 customer to be 100% satisfied with their purchase.  It's always great to hear about positive experiences and we will keep doing everything we can to make sure other golfers get what they need/want.  Let us know how the 739s work for you whenever you get a chance to put them in play and if there is ever anything that we can do to help just let us know!

• Like 6

I picked up my 739 irons yesterday and played my first round today. It took a few holes to get used to clubs that were actually made for my height. The clubs were shorter than what I had before and at the start I hit about every other shot a little thin. By the back 9 shots were launching easy and my accuracy was definitely better than what Its been most days this year. I noticed with the 8,9 and PW that the ball was not rolling much past my ball mark on the green. I can’t wait to see how I’m scoring after few more rounds. I’m really glad I took a chance on Sub 70. I think they look pretty sharp too.5D47201B-5241-4C49-85FF-499439EF81A6.thumb.jpeg.4a44511fa8efdb8d13cddd15de3dd645.jpeg1A0A0E04-53BE-449D-8BC9-37299D049EF4.thumb.jpeg.c05200b124f7507862288abe68031879.jpeg9BFA868B-F603-430D-923B-5A8279AEE275.thumb.jpeg.0f2a5d3f0345ebfb5b9ace498251f0d0.jpegAEBEB426-B26D-4289-8D61-33FE76463B6D.thumb.jpeg.c69b9054ee82d57006ca2502d0ced1e8.jpeg

• Like 7

The 639 MB PLUS are looking sexy!!! I'm afraid if I buy those, I'll leave my 919F forgotten, lonely in the basement...

• Like 2

The 639 MB PLUS are looking sexy!!! I'm afraid if I buy those, I'll leave my 919F forgotten, lonely in the basement...

I sent back the CB, and they’re sending me the MB plus to try. Really looking forward to it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

I sent back the CB, and they’re sending me the MB plus to try. Really looking forward to it!!!

Very interested to hear what you think of the MB+.  There are a few guys on our team that absolutely love them.  I have been playing the CB for the last year or so but will likely end up with a combo set of either MB or MB+ irons in 7-W.

• Like 3

And if these are the same guys behind DiamondTour... I already know their customer service is top notch! I'm having trouble finding a reason not to buy another set 😄

• Like 4

5 hours ago, PMookie said:

How did they feel compared to the HMP?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kanoito said:

Interesting that you would replace your 919 forged(currently top of my list when I replace mine) for these. Haven't tried anything from sub70 yet but will probably try to demo the 639CB in the next few weeks. 

• Like 2

The MB's are still the best blade that I have played in quite some time. If I hadn't just made the move to the Staff Models for my PGA PAT next month, I would have totally jumped on them.

If you're in the market for a player's iron, you NEED to consider the MB series. They are long, workable, and flight better than anything else out there - bar none!

• Like 2

How did they feel compared to the HMP?

Awesome! True forged vs not forged.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pozzit said:

Interesting that you would replace your 919 forged(currently top of my list when I replace mine) for these. Haven't tried anything from sub70 yet but will probably try to demo the 639CB in the next few weeks. 

Oh no. Haven't replaced them yet... just afraid I will if I buy them to test around 😛

• Like 2

Really looking into a combo set of the 639 MB Plus (8-PW) and the 639 CB Irons (4-7). I really love the longer blade style on the plus irons I really think they look buttery. 

Keep it up Sub70, love what you guys are doing!

• Like 2

Is there a way to go about ordering a combo set on the website or does something that specific have to be emailed in?

• Like 1

Is there a way to go about ordering a combo set on the website or does something that specific have to be emailed in?

Doesn’t look like you can order combo sets on the website. Best bet is to contact them directly; they seem very responsive based on posted feedback.
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, bmaru99 said:

Really looking into a combo set of the 639 MB Plus (8-PW) and the 639 CB Irons (4-7). I really love the longer blade style on the plus irons I really think they look buttery. 

Keep it up Sub70, love what you guys are doing!

Thanks for the interest and support!  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Doesn’t look like you can order combo sets on the website. Best bet is to contact them directly; they seem very responsive based on posted feedback.

There will be an option to order combo sets soon.  Unfortunately it hasn't been activated yet since the CBs are currently out of stock.  I believe they should be back in soon though and we'll add the combo option as soon as they get restocked.  The combo sets available on the website will be the CB and regular MB though...so if someone is interested in a combo of the CB and MB+, or MB+ and MB, then they would be better off calling or emailing us.  Thanks!

• Like 4