Sluggo42

Sub70 golf

Our Sponsors

Does anyone know how the black finish holds up on the 639 MB/CB's? I ask because they are out of stock of the MB's in the satin finish, but not sure when they will get back in stock. I like the look of the black irons, but if they fade pretty fast I may wait.  Ever since i demoed their set, I am hooked and want them in my bag asap lol Although I do understand why there is a delay, but any feedback would be much appreciated. 

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* :Fuji:  Ventus Black 6X

PXG Gen2 0341X 15* Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70X

:titelist-small: TS2 18* Hzrdus Smoke 70X

:Sub70:699U 22* KBS Tour 130X

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50* S400

:callaway-small:MACK DADDY FORGED 56,60 

:EVNROLL: ER2 34” Gravity Grip

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

:Arccos: Caddie Smart Sensors

2 hours ago, cjeffs12 said:

Does anyone know how the black finish holds up on the 639 MB/CB's? I ask because they are out of stock of the MB's in the satin finish, but not sure when they will get back in stock. I like the look of the black irons, but if they fade pretty fast I may wait.  Ever since i demoed their set, I am hooked and want them in my bag asap lol Although I do understand why there is a delay, but any feedback would be much appreciated. 

I have only played 4 rounds so far this year with my 639 black combos with moderate range time and so far so good. But I mean that's not a whole lot of use so I can do my best to keep you updated as the season goes on. I do my best to keep them clean after each shot with just a wet towel that way I'm not using something to abrasive to clean and effect the finish. Such great irons though, I have been nothing but happy since I put them in the bag. I kinda figured after a little use the look might be pretty cool having some of the finish worn off (as long as my wear marks are in the center of the club face lol)

• Like 3

:taylormade-small: M3, 9.5, TENSEI 70, X

:titelist-small: 913F, 15, DIAMANA 72, S

:titelist-small: 913H, 19, DIAMANA 82, S

SUB70 639 CB 4-6 MB 7-PW, KBS TOUR, X

:taylormade-small:ZTP 52, 56 

:vokey-small: SM7 60

:scotty-cameron-1: STUDIO SELECT NEWPORT 2, SUPERSTROKE TRAXION TOUR 2.0

:taylormade-small: TP5X

2 minutes ago, KRISWITHAK said:

I have only played 4 rounds so far this year with my 639 black combos with moderate range time and so far so good. But I mean that's not a whole lot of use so I can do my best to keep you updated as the season goes on. I do my best to keep them clean after each shot with just a wet towel that way I'm not using something to abrasive to clean and effect the finish. Such great irons though, I have been nothing but happy since I put them in the bag. I kinda figured after a little use the look might be pretty cool having some of the finish worn off (as long as my wear marks are in the center of the club face lol)

That is great to know, I am the same way with my clubs. I clean with soapy water after every round and practice session. The wear marks being in the center was exactly what I was thinking lol I guess even more incentive to work on my ball striking( me trying to justify getting murdered out irons lol) Thank you for this, might be making a call. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

That is great to know, I am the same way with my clubs. I clean with soapy water after every round and practice session. The wear marks being in the center was exactly what I was thinking lol I guess even more incentive to work on my ball striking( me trying to justify getting murdered out irons lol) Thank you for this, might be making a call. 

I will say that the black finish does make identifying impact on the face much easier to see! Plus visually the black finish has no glare at all on sunny days and the murdered out look is pretty sick!

• Like 3

:taylormade-small: M3, 9.5, TENSEI 70, X

:titelist-small: 913F, 15, DIAMANA 72, S

:titelist-small: 913H, 19, DIAMANA 82, S

SUB70 639 CB 4-6 MB 7-PW, KBS TOUR, X

:taylormade-small:ZTP 52, 56 

:vokey-small: SM7 60

:scotty-cameron-1: STUDIO SELECT NEWPORT 2, SUPERSTROKE TRAXION TOUR 2.0

:taylormade-small: TP5X

25 minutes ago, KRISWITHAK said:

I will say that the black finish does make identifying impact on the face much easier to see! Plus visually the black finish has no glare at all on sunny days and the murdered out look is pretty sick!

Well I sent Jason an email, so I’m convinced. 

• Like 2

Black irons or wedges are going to show wear over time. Some will be better than others but if the wearing of the finish on an iron that hits the ground and other solid objects bother you getting black probably is not the right choice. 

• Like 2

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Black irons or wedges are going to show wear over time. Some will be better than others but if the wearing of the finish on an iron that hits the ground and other solid objects bother you getting black probably is not the right choice. 

I understand that, I’ve had black irons before, so on the face and sole I’m good with happening. I was more curious as to how the back of the club and resistant to nicks and fading is, due to the fact I live in Texas and the sun bakes everything here. I was mostly making sure that if I’m gonna pay for the black it lasts more than a couple weeks, I’m pretty particular about my clubs. 

• Like 3

I've been gaming the 699 Pro Black irons now for a couple months with several rounds, range sessions and balls hit in the garage under their belt.  So far the finish has held up incredibly well.  I just cannot say enough about how good these irons are.  Since they went into the bag I've already posted 2 rounds in the 70's including my personal best round ever and have shaved 2 strokes off my handicap.

Sound is really good and the feel is simply amazing.  Even on mis-hits you get feedback but it's not a stinger through your hands.

More importantly, I absolutely love how forgiving they are and how they flat our perform.  Any movement off-line and distance loss is really minimal when struck off-center.  In fact just the other day I had 190 into a par 5 for my 2nd shot.  The green is pretty small and there's water in front and left.  As soon as I hit it I knew it was going in the drink.  To my surprise, though, the ball landed about 15 ft short of the pin.  It was a totally crap strike on my part but, again, the distance loss was maybe a couple of yards.

Yardage is very true and really consistent front-to-back.  I never get any weird "jumpers" that go an extra 5-7 yards like some comparable irons.  I can also flight them down if I need to hit a lower trajectory shot or a little knock-down punch.

I really can't express how impressed I've been with these irons.  If you're thinking about trying Sub70 don't hesitate.  Try their demo program and see how they perform for you.

• Like 7

I'm really hoping that @GolfSub70 do a members review...🤔

• Like 2
  • Love 1

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

image.png

On 3/12/2020 at 4:23 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

Curious why you say savings aren’t there? A month or so ago I went thru their site and had a set of the cb 4-p with Nippon modus 120 and the ndmc grips for under $800. I’m not sure of any new cb on the market that can be had with that shaft for that price.

And don't forget to peruse their pre-owned section from time to time!  I just found a set of CB's 4-PW to my specs with Nippon Modus 120 x-stiff shaft on there for $539 (would have been $770 new for the same set up)

Played my first round with them Saturday(hadn't even swung them yet) and despite a bad driving day, I still hit 12/18 GIR. They are beautiful clubs and they feel as good as my old Mizuno MP30's, a similar forged cavity iron.  There are a lot of really good golf clubs out there, but this value is hard to beat.

tGxlMiKJ_Gl83UCa86hMNSKiMdwfC7DyuE6RDTFNjRFAWjl8xSNDOeO5xchM4RA_8X7orV-UEkrjf38U1PWTchKy53QKC3ZGpUMTGxxOq9AvsR9ogdjYud5UjAEyqJdusWISdgzXhWiFWzXAiE2TZ_Ann0O6x0eg2yrLs0sYuBbFuEdb3VVWwWKI94KJC8SrjBaLOwPLUlMuhjyNaG5gxL-JHbl7WFK8caZCvEiohA5rK8ErZIcbd8yO29HrgqMo4H6Vfabxnl9zlHavbkIYmKWf0Ks6JhnfHW4UPEoiBX8OVSyMKgjj1IzEj9GzmKbvDV2u_yBCW10tiritmPua87dSIZ87j2Da2excT6nhsc6Z3jpFw8K10w5KOyvK-bpHPqsrC3mjZF-PQgdD0caoVWvT0ZcZSM2fvAXg_cFpztOfcH2GVZWKhtjnhSrUnRVr-jfLcFc7Oku28NUadYXRrSQp2vSXjRltCTeyUiSnz_yJtRhmQ43yg0Y1oVe5YgA8sHKxDddCzzKkylzNT2yqanPs9wshX5ZSlo_aA53Wz4hvq2xougtwV-fjsrrVZtoGjAxOaSfuUGdrKc2NiSJNzBip2P1j0HZf3ikbvq7f0AaNdR6aaUlgMYcFEhD12Ck-FB0f0WhXv3riMbenNrdG446jRfaTZuPr-_ReKzIQ-_3KEK80-7EJsX__qH48vQ=w1293-h969-no?authuser=0

• Like 4

:honma: Driver: TESTING HONMA TR20 440 8.5° W/ VIZARD FP-7X SHAFT

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

33 minutes ago, golfingbrock said:

And don't forget to peruse their pre-owned section from time to time!  I just found a set of CB's 4-PW to my specs with Nippon Modus 120 x-stiff shaft on there for $539 (would have been $770 new for the same set up)

Thanks for mentioning that, I didn't realize they had a pre-owned section!

• Like 3

Right Handed

Driver: :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft, 9.5º)

FW: :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft, 15º)

Hybrid: *Currently Testing* :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5, 18º)

Irons (PW-3) :ping-small: Eye 2's

Wedges (52 & 60): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

19 minutes ago, GolfSub70 said:

Working on that now 👍

I wanted to say something, but figured I'd let you reply if you were inclined! 

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

40 minutes ago, Msnarr84 said:

Just had these bad boys come in this morning...scared to hit them because they look so good.

61470305178__944AF057-90A5-46E3-9DD6-FD006ABFE88A.jpg

Sunning!!  Those are so dark, at first glance I thought you had head-covers on them...LOL

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Sunning!!  Those are so dark, at first glance I thought you had head-covers on them...LOL

hahaha yea they really are black...for reference, the wedges are Titleist's "Jet Black", albeit used.

• Like 1

Driver:     Ping G400 LST - Tour 65X

Woods:   Sub70 Pro - Project X LL X

Hybrid:    Callaway Apex - Kuro Kage 80HY X

Irons:       Sub70 639 Black MB - TT DG X100

Wedges: Titleist SM7 50* & 54*; Sub70 Black 58*

Putter:     Taylormade Spider Mini Diamond Silver

Ball:         Srixon Z-star

1 hour ago, Msnarr84 said:

hahaha yea they really are black...for reference, the wedges are Titleist's "Jet Black", albeit used.

That is a quite a reference, as I have SM7 Jet Black wedges, so it's a good point of comparison. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Msnarr84 said:

Just had these bad boys come in this morning...scared to hit them because they look so good.

61470305178__944AF057-90A5-46E3-9DD6-FD006ABFE88A.jpg

Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hy........................

• Like 3

I have the 699 Demo 6 & 9 irons on the way to me now so I can decide if I'm pulling the trigger on these (or most likely the 699 Pro's) or not... REALLY hoping these are the real deal because I'm at my wits end on selecting new clubs! I did a fitting at Club Champion and while it provided me some good data, they wanted an astronomical amount of money to get me into the Hogan Ptx Pro's. 

• Like 2

Driver:callaway-small: Rouge Sub-Zero
3 Wood:cobra-small: F6
Hybrid:cobra-small: F6
Irons:taylormade-small: RSi1 5-AW
Wedges:callaway-small: MD3 54 & 58
Putter:taylormade-small: TP Red Collection Ardmore 2
Ball:srixon-small: Z-Star 

On 7/1/2020 at 11:51 PM, dreeves.ca said:

I have the 699 Demo 6 & 9 irons on the way to me now so I can decide if I'm pulling the trigger on these (or most likely the 699 Pro's) or not... REALLY hoping these are the real deal because I'm at my wits end on selecting new clubs! I did a fitting at Club Champion and while it provided me some good data, they wanted an astronomical amount of money to get me into the Hogan Ptx Pro's. 

Thanks for checking us out Don.  I hope they got to you before the holiday weekend!  If you have any questions please let us know.  Thanks again!

• Like 4