Jump to content
Sluggo42

Sub70 golf

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

I got my 699 Pro 5i this week. I'll be very curious what the testers say about it. I'm comparing it directly to a ping i500. 

I love the black, very clean and I've always liked darker heads. Love my old Adam's CB2s. 

The feel on hits is probably the same, but the sound it much better with the 699s. 

Distance might be a fraction longer with the 699s. I hit about 30 approach shots yesterday from 185y out, half with each club. Shots with the 699s on average were a little longer. I hit a few poorly that I expected to come up way short that still carried to the green. 

But I'm not quite sure the 699 is going to replace the i500. The look at address is... Really different and I need to give it some time to get used to it. The club has a very angled profile from toe to hosel.  I didn't take any pictures yesterday while I was on the course, I'll get some tomorrow to follow up with this on. 

Overall, I'm still TBD on the 699 Pro. But I'm madly in love with the 639 CBs that I have for the rest of the set. Also, I did try the 639 CB 5i, and it wasn't the club for me. 

  • Like 4

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Hybrids:    :cobra-small: F7 22°

Irons:    :ping-small:  i500°

             :Sub70:  639CB 30°, 36°, 42°

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 50°

                :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Bag:  image.png.c4a28378d422ec23cd8af0ec2e63b3d5.pngStitch SL1

Ball: :bridgestone-small: BXS

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Testing:

image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged Irons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thin2win said:

I got my 699 Pro 5i this week. I'll be very curious what the testers say about it. I'm comparing it directly to a ping i500. 

I love the black, very clean and I've always liked darker heads. Love my old Adam's CB2s. 

The feel on hits is probably the same, but the sound it much better with the 699s. 

Distance might be a fraction longer with the 699s. I hit about 30 approach shots yesterday from 185y out, half with each club. Shots with the 699s on average were a little longer. I hit a few poorly that I expected to come up way short that still carried to the green. 

But I'm not quite sure the 699 is going to replace the i500. The look at address is... Really different and I need to give it some time to get used to it. The club has a very angled profile from toe to hosel.  I didn't take any pictures yesterday while I was on the course, I'll get some tomorrow to follow up with this on. 

Overall, I'm still TBD on the 699 Pro. But I'm madly in love with the 639 CBs that I have for the rest of the set. Also, I did try the 639 CB 5i, and it wasn't the club for me. 

Sounds like you have some nice clubs to test (Sub70/Ping). So regarding the 5 irons. What are the shafts and flex for the 699/I500's? And are they the same playing length, or is one a little longer/shorter than the other? thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aerospace_ray said:

Sounds like you have some nice clubs to test (Sub70/Ping). So regarding the 5 irons. What are the shafts and flex for the 699/I500's? And are they the same playing length, or is one a little longer/shorter than the other? thx

Same length, same loft, same shaft (nippon modus 3 105 stiff) 


WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Hybrids:    :cobra-small: F7 22°

Irons:    :ping-small:  i500°

             :Sub70:  639CB 30°, 36°, 42°

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 50°

                :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Bag:  image.png.c4a28378d422ec23cd8af0ec2e63b3d5.pngStitch SL1

Ball: :bridgestone-small: BXS

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Testing:

image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged Irons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2020 at 8:31 PM, TxTwinDad+2 said:

My Sub70 demos arrived today super excited to try them out open them up to find I was sent Right handed instead of Left Handed. Double checked my order to make sure I didn’t mess, and yup they sent the wrong ones. Very disappointed to say the least!!

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

IMG_3534.HEICUnavailable

I just saw this... I always shake my head when this happens to another lefty. You would think dexterity would be the first thing to be checked when filling an order, but whatever....

yeah, lefties seem to be an afterthought to a lot of these companies ( looking at you Mizuno), I was really excited when Sub 70 came out with the LH699. My experience with their demo program which I talked about in this thread, was let’s say puzzling.

It would be nice to see Jason or one of his CS people start checking into this thread again occasionally and addressing some of our concerns.

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 1

 :ping-small: G400 Max 9* set at 10* Alta 

:callaway-small: Rogue 15* & 19* Quaranta 50

:callaway-small: Rogue X 4 hybrid Synergy 60  

PXG 0211 5-GW MMT 70 

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54*SS & 58*SS

:EVNROLL: ER5 33.5" or :yes-small: Tracy 33.5"

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll say that on my order, there were some issues too. But, they were very responsive in getting them fixed. 

Short version, I ordered a split set, but got all clubs of the same kind. Also, ordered nippon modus 105 and they all came with the 120 shaft. 

I'd say Jason is great, their customer service is top notch. The clubs really are wonderful. Their build department has issues. 

  • Like 3

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Hybrids:    :cobra-small: F7 22°

Irons:    :ping-small:  i500°

             :Sub70:  639CB 30°, 36°, 42°

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 50°

                :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Bag:  image.png.c4a28378d422ec23cd8af0ec2e63b3d5.pngStitch SL1

Ball: :bridgestone-small: BXS

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Testing:

image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged Irons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s my final take for now...😉

This is a very cool forum, filled with very nice people. There is no “caste system” here,  where the better players talk down to those not as skilled. Just the kind of people you’d hope to be paired with as a single showing up to a course you never played before.

Because there are people like that here, and because Jason and others from his team have posted here, and established a relationship, I think everyone is

a. Rooting for Sub 70 to succeed 

b. willing to give them a try and every benefit of the doubt

That said, even the biggest of the OEMs have top notch customer service, and wonderful products obviously. I’ve dealt with people from PING, Callaway and Taylormade over the years, and each and every person I dealt with couldn’t have been nicer.

I think it would be a given to expect that same level of CS from a new boutique company. I won’t fault them for minor mishaps in the ordering process, but it’s also a given that they should rectify their mistakes so I won’t praise them for that either. The appeal of a company like this is twofold. The consumer goes in expecting a quality product at a lower price. As long as they get that, it’s a win for both parties, especially when you have people like those of us who tell their stories to other golfers about a fledgling DTC company.

That said, it’s equally important that we are honest in relating the “not so good” experiences”, and that a company like Sub 70 sees them and addresses them. I’m an example of someone who but for a little effort on their part would be bagging a set of 699 irons today. I live in a golf community with 4 golf courses, and play all over the Myrtle Beach area. Most people haven’t heard of Sub 70, and I would’ve been happy to tell their story to anyone who saw and asked about the 699’s.

  • Like 5

 :ping-small: G400 Max 9* set at 10* Alta 

:callaway-small: Rogue 15* & 19* Quaranta 50

:callaway-small: Rogue X 4 hybrid Synergy 60  

PXG 0211 5-GW MMT 70 

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54*SS & 58*SS

:EVNROLL: ER5 33.5" or :yes-small: Tracy 33.5"

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Here’s my final take for now...😉

This is a very cool forum, filled with very nice people. There is no “caste system” here,  where the better players talk down to those not as skilled. Just the kind of people you’d hope to be paired with as a single showing up to a course you never played before.

Because there are people like that here, and because Jason and others from his team have posted here, and established a relationship, I think everyone is

a. Rooting for Sub 70 to succeed 

b. willing to give them a try and every benefit of the doubt

That said, even the biggest of the OEMs have top notch customer service, and wonderful products obviously. I’ve dealt with people from PING, Callaway and Taylormade over the years, and each and every person I dealt with couldn’t have been nicer.

I think it would be a given to expect that same level of CS from a new boutique company. I won’t fault them for minor mishaps in the ordering process, but it’s also a given that they should rectify their mistakes so I won’t praise them for that either. The appeal of a company like this is twofold. The consumer goes in expecting a quality product at a lower price. As long as they get that, it’s a win for both parties, especially when you have people like those of us who tell their stories to other golfers about a fledgling DTC company.

That said, it’s equally important that we are honest in relating the “not so good” experiences”, and that a company like Sub 70 sees them and addresses them. I’m an example of someone who but for a little effort on their part would be bagging a set of 699 irons today. I live in a golf community with 4 golf courses, and play all over the Myrtle Beach area. Most people haven’t heard of Sub 70, and I would’ve been happy to tell their story to anyone who saw and asked about the 699’s.

I really really like this post mate, well said. I'm a bit of a Sub 70 homer, but I don't wear rose coloured glasses either and I'm disappointed for you.

  • Like 3

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8


Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0


God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Here’s my final take for now...😉

This is a very cool forum, filled with very nice people. There is no “caste system” here,  where the better players talk down to those not as skilled. Just the kind of people you’d hope to be paired with as a single showing up to a course you never played before.

Because there are people like that here, and because Jason and others from his team have posted here, and established a relationship, I think everyone is

a. Rooting for Sub 70 to succeed 

b. willing to give them a try and every benefit of the doubt

That said, even the biggest of the OEMs have top notch customer service, and wonderful products obviously. I’ve dealt with people from PING, Callaway and Taylormade over the years, and each and every person I dealt with couldn’t have been nicer.

I think it would be a given to expect that same level of CS from a new boutique company. I won’t fault them for minor mishaps in the ordering process, but it’s also a given that they should rectify their mistakes so I won’t praise them for that either. The appeal of a company like this is twofold. The consumer goes in expecting a quality product at a lower price. As long as they get that, it’s a win for both parties, especially when you have people like those of us who tell their stories to other golfers about a fledgling DTC company.

That said, it’s equally important that we are honest in relating the “not so good” experiences”, and that a company like Sub 70 sees them and addresses them. I’m an example of someone who but for a little effort on their part would be bagging a set of 699 irons today. I live in a golf community with 4 golf courses, and play all over the Myrtle Beach area. Most people haven’t heard of Sub 70, and I would’ve been happy to tell their story to anyone who saw and asked about the 699’s.

Really disappointed that you had a poor experience with Sub70 golf.


In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue

3 Wood: :adams-small: Insight BUL Stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

52 Deg:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

56 deg: :cleveland-small: Reg 588 tour action

60 Deg: :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

Putter:bettinardi-small: Studio Stock #3 (Winn 1.32 Pro x grip)

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

 

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cciciora13 said:

Really disappointed that you had a poor experience with Sub70 golf.

Thanks. I don’t know if I would call it poor, I think disappointing might be a better word?

In the end it all worked out. I was looking to complete a second bag to leave up on Long Island. I was able to get a new set of Rogue X irons (the same specs as I play now) for less than what the 699s would’ve cost me.

Even though I really wanted the sub 70s, I’m probably better off having the same set up north that I play at home. Better to keep things simple, I guess. 😜

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 1

 :ping-small: G400 Max 9* set at 10* Alta 

:callaway-small: Rogue 15* & 19* Quaranta 50

:callaway-small: Rogue X 4 hybrid Synergy 60  

PXG 0211 5-GW MMT 70 

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54*SS & 58*SS

:EVNROLL: ER5 33.5" or :yes-small: Tracy 33.5"

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2020 at 11:54 AM, Grand Stranded said:

I just saw this... I always shake my head when this happens to another lefty. You would think dexterity would be the first thing to be checked when filling an order, but whatever....

yeah, lefties seem to be an afterthought to a lot of these companies ( looking at you Mizuno), I was really excited when Sub 70 came out with the LH699. My experience with their demo program which I talked about in this thread, was let’s say puzzling.

It would be nice to see Jason or one of his CS people start checking into this thread again occasionally and addressing some of our concerns.

Thanks for the messages.  While we definitely pride ourselves on our customer service and communication, we won't deny that a few things have fallen through the cracks over the last 3-4 months.  COVID shut us down completely and then it's been insanely busy since we reopened in May.  Everyone has been doing their best to keep up, and 99% of things have gone great, but we certainly think it'll be even better going forward.  It's not a great excuse but it's been a crazy year and a crazy few months for us.  We are expanding our customer service and club building teams so that should help going forward.  If anyone here ever needs an answer on anything they can always reach Jason at [email protected] or 815-621-3556...or myself (Jay) at [email protected] or 630-333-8207.

In regards to the demo program...unfortunately it's just not realistic for us to offer all kinds of shaft options on irons at this point.  Maybe it's something we can expand on a little in the future, but we need to turn the demos around and get them out to other interested customers asap.  It's just a situation where using a "stock" steel shaft is the best way to do that.  We do sell individual irons so you could always just purchase one or two irons built with your shafts, grips, specs, etc. to test out and make a decision on.  Thanks again for the thoughts and feedback!

 

  • Like 9
  • Off Topic 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/15/2020 at 1:22 PM, GolfSub70 said:

Thanks for the messages.  While we definitely pride ourselves on our customer service and communication, we won't deny that a few things have fallen through the cracks over the last 3-4 months.  COVID shut us down completely and then it's been insanely busy since we reopened in May.  Everyone has been doing their best to keep up, and 99% of things have gone great, but we certainly think it'll be even better going forward.  It's not a great excuse but it's been a crazy year and a crazy few months for us.  We are expanding our customer service and club building teams so that should help going forward.  If anyone here ever needs an answer on anything they can always reach Jason at [email protected] or 815-621-3556...or myself (Jay) at [email protected] or 630-333-8207.

In regards to the demo program...unfortunately it's just not realistic for us to offer all kinds of shaft options on irons at this point.  Maybe it's something we can expand on a little in the future, but we need to turn the demos around and get them out to other interested customers asap.  It's just a situation where using a "stock" steel shaft is the best way to do that.  We do sell individual irons so you could always just purchase one or two irons built with your shafts, grips, specs, etc. to test out and make a decision on.  Thanks again for the thoughts and feedback!

 

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I think it would be more prudent to simply go to a PGASS or any local golf shop and demo the irons in the store with shafts from the fitting cart for free rather then spend about $150 to buy two 699 irons to demo them... that’s just me though, 😉.

As far as the demo program, my concern was never about “all kinds of demos shafts” it was about the only graphite option. When I called, less than a month ago, there wasn’t even a single 699 demo club for LH players and those are the only option available to myself and other LH players. 

I can understand your reasoning about stock shaft demos for RH players, because you have so many different models. With the left hand 699s I honestly don’t see the problem having at least one demo in graphite and maybe even one in a heavier steel profile than the stock KBS. Its your decision though. 

I realize not every company offers a demo program, but by the same token I can go into any golf store or fitting center and demo an OEM iron in many different shafts. Setting up a 6 & 9 demo iron in LH 699s with the only graphite shaft you offer doesn’t seem very cost prohibitive to me. In fact not doing it cost you at least one sale (mine) as I was definitely going to buy. I only wanted to confirm my thoughts on a shaft I’m already familiar with working with a particular club head, and then have a local fitter check in his studio to see if I needed any length, lie, or loft adjustments when I placed my order. Not being able to do that unless I bought the irons seemed to defeat the purpose of going the DTC route in my opinion.

It is what it is though, best of luck to you and the rest of your team at Sub 70.

cc [email protected] 

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 1

 :ping-small: G400 Max 9* set at 10* Alta 

:callaway-small: Rogue 15* & 19* Quaranta 50

:callaway-small: Rogue X 4 hybrid Synergy 60  

PXG 0211 5-GW MMT 70 

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54*SS & 58*SS

:EVNROLL: ER5 33.5" or :yes-small: Tracy 33.5"

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks for the messages.  While we definitely pride ourselves on our customer service and communication, we won't deny that a few things have fallen through the cracks over the last 3-4 months.  COVID shut us down completely and then it's been insanely busy since we reopened in May.  Everyone has been doing their best to keep up, and 99% of things have gone great, but we certainly think it'll be even better going forward.  It's not a great excuse but it's been a crazy year and a crazy few months for us.  We are expanding our customer service and club building teams so that should help going forward.  If anyone here ever needs an answer on anything they can always reach Jason at [email protected] or 815-621-3556...or myself (Jay) at [email protected] or 630-333-8207.
In regards to the demo program...unfortunately it's just not realistic for us to offer all kinds of shaft options on irons at this point.  Maybe it's something we can expand on a little in the future, but we need to turn the demos around and get them out to other interested customers asap.  It's just a situation where using a "stock" steel shaft is the best way to do that.  We do sell individual irons so you could always just purchase one or two irons built with your shafts, grips, specs, etc. to test out and make a decision on.  Thanks again for the thoughts and feedback!
 

I’m not sure if updated since my mistaken order but I’ve definitely been meaning to. I emailed Sub70 the night my Lh demo order came in Rh. I was called promptly the next morning by Cody. He also emailed me and apologized and promised to make things right and I believe he did. I received the correct Lh demos 2 days later and still have them.

This is what I was hoping for and expecting from a DTC company. I totally understand mixups and mistakes but I appreciated him resolving the issue as fast as he did. He’s checked in a couple of times asking if I had any questions or concerns with the demos.

Now I just have to figure out if I like them enough to replace my F8’s


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TxTwinDad+2 said:


I’m not sure if updated since my mistaken order but I’ve definitely been meaning to. I emailed Sub70 the night my Lh demo order came in Rh. I was called promptly the next morning by Cody. He also emailed me and apologized and promised to make things right and I believe he did. I received the correct Lh demos 2 days later and still have them.

This is what I was hoping for and expecting from a DTC company. I totally understand mixups and mistakes but I appreciated him resolving the issue as fast as he did. He’s checked in a couple of times asking if I had any questions or concerns with the demos.

Now I just have to figure out if I like them enough to replace my F8’s


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I’m assuming your demos were KBS regular steel. 

Just curious... would that be a similar profile shaft to what you have in your f8 irons?


 :ping-small: G400 Max 9* set at 10* Alta 

:callaway-small: Rogue 15* & 19* Quaranta 50

:callaway-small: Rogue X 4 hybrid Synergy 60  

PXG 0211 5-GW MMT 70 

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54*SS & 58*SS

:EVNROLL: ER5 33.5" or :yes-small: Tracy 33.5"

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’m assuming your demos were KBS regular steel. 
Just curious... would that be a similar profile shaft to what you have in your f8 irons?

Yes the demos are KBS and my current set up is xp90 unfortunately I’m not very knowledgeable in the details of the clubs so I wouldn’t know the difference between the two shafts.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TxTwinDad+2 said:


Yes the demos are KBS and my current set up is xp90 unfortunately I’m not very knowledgeable in the details of the clubs so I wouldn’t know the difference between the two shafts.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I’m not an expert either, but I’ve hit both of those.

the KBS might be just a bit heavier (about 10? Grams), but I believe both are designed for a high trajectory.

if that’s the case, you’re comparing apples to apples, not oranges as the saying goes. 😜 

You should be able to make a good comparison. Please post about how the testing goes, you have my interest.

  • Like 1

 :ping-small: G400 Max 9* set at 10* Alta 

:callaway-small: Rogue 15* & 19* Quaranta 50

:callaway-small: Rogue X 4 hybrid Synergy 60  

PXG 0211 5-GW MMT 70 

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54*SS & 58*SS

:EVNROLL: ER5 33.5" or :yes-small: Tracy 33.5"

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’m not an expert either, but I’ve hit both of those.

the KBS might be just a bit heavier (about 10? Grams), but I believe both are designed for a high trajectory.

if that’s the case, you’re comparing apples to apples, not oranges as the saying goes.  

You should be able to make a good comparison. Please post about how the testing goes, you have my interest.

 

Ask and you shall receive lol. I love the feel of the Sub70 when I hit them pure it feels so clean and I love the flight of the ball with them as well. But they are very similar I feel I’ve played 3 rounds with the demos in the bag and when the shot calls for a 6 or 9 iron I hit 2 shots to compare both. The accuracy of the sub 70 is good but it’s usually about 5-10yds shorter than the F8 I think that’s mainly the difference in loft. I’ve attached a pic of my data I collected this is the top 20 of 50 shots with each. IMG_3715.thumb.PNG.cb641496f6a16c12f080570716be8bd0.PNG

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/15/2020 at 3:24 PM, TxTwinDad+2 said:

 


Ask and you shall receive lol. I love the feel of the Sub70 when I hit them pure it feels so clean and I love the flight of the ball with them as well. But they are very similar I feel I’ve played 3 rounds with the demos in the bag and when the shot calls for a 6 or 9 iron I hit 2 shots to compare both. The accuracy of the sub 70 is good but it’s usually about 5-10yds shorter than the F8 I think that’s mainly the difference in loft. IMG_3715.PNG


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

 

Thanks for that!👍

 It seems like you and I hit our clubs about the same distance, but my Rogue X are just a bit stronger lofted than your F8s and I play graphite. (so you win, lol)

The guy who convinced me to switch from the Apex cf16s I owned prior, plays the RogueX also. He’s a 8 handicap who’s won the net version of my Club championship to years in a row. We’re both in our mid sixties, and love the performance we get from them.

The problem with them is you have to do some adjustment at either the top or bottom of your bag because the AW is only 46*. I chose to drop my 50,54,58 setup and went 52, 58. So far, it hasn’t been an issue.

HOWEVER I’m a bit of a club ho, and I’m dying for a set of irons that look and feel like the Apex did. Then I hit them in a LM and my 7 carries 145 instead of the 155 my Rogue X does. A lot of people on golf forums complain about loft jacking, but in my case it’s been a game changer. More forgiveness, AND more distance?

I’m not giving both of those up for eye candy.

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 1

 :ping-small: G400 Max 9* set at 10* Alta 

:callaway-small: Rogue 15* & 19* Quaranta 50

:callaway-small: Rogue X 4 hybrid Synergy 60  

PXG 0211 5-GW MMT 70 

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54*SS & 58*SS

:EVNROLL: ER5 33.5" or :yes-small: Tracy 33.5"

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

speaking of sub70, who won the 699 pro giveaway?


Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff :Fuji: XLR8

3W: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Hazardous Yellow 6.5

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff

4-AW: PXG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 3* up

Wedges  54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab 

Ball: :Snell:or KSigs

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rbsiedsc said:

speaking of sub70, who won the 699 pro giveaway?

all giveaways are done by the main blog and not the forum... not to say a forum member might not win but that's not something we do.

  • Like 4

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
--------------------------
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

all giveaways are done by the main blog and not the forum... not to say a forum member might not win but that's not something we do.

ok, then will there be a blog post with the winner? contest link said announced 8/15

  • Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff :Fuji: XLR8

3W: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Hazardous Yellow 6.5

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff

4-AW: PXG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 3* up

Wedges  54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab 

Ball: :Snell:or KSigs

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...