Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, rbsiedsc said:

ok, then will there be a blog post with the winner? contest link said announced 8/15

I'm not sure; I wish I had more info for you but the blog and forum operate as 2 separate and distinct entities.

• Like 3

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
--------------------------
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a couple pictures of our newest prototype. The 639-G wouldn't be available until 2020 if we decide to move forward, but I thought I would share. It should fit between the MB and CB...MB profi

So, I’ve been lurking around here for 2+ years. I don’t really comment a lot, but I LOVE to read, and then I stumbled across this thread, and felt compelled to comment. I recently had my ENTIRE B

So I went through another TrueGolfFit fitting yesterday, to get a look at how the 2019 sticks would fit me, and this came up...   I'm going to be in Chicago next week and made arrangem

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I'm not sure; I wish I had more info for you but the blog and forum operate as 2 separate and distinct entities.

I think we'll have the winner today. I spoke with Chris over the weekend and he just needed to get the winner drawn. Somebody should have good news heading their way soon! 

• Like 8
I think we'll have the winner today. I spoke with Chris over the weekend and he just needed to get the winner drawn. Somebody should have good news heading their way soon! 

Me! I’m the winner...go ahead and announce it 🤣

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Had a thorough hit with the 699 demos Sub 70 sent me today. I have to say I had a similar experience as @TxTwinDad+2. I placed an order for the 699s and the 739 to test the difference. I received a call directly from Jason and he was kind enough to take the time to chat with me and answer questions about what I wanted to get out of a new set of irons since I'm in the market. Great experience there. 

Next I received a call from one of the staff to confirm my Order details which was really a nice touch from their customer service department. I happened to get some data earlier that day testing some player distance irons and decided to cancel my 739 demo order. No problem, they were on it. 

Voila, my clubs arrive beautifully packed in a snazzy custom Sub 70 box. Excitement ensued. 

The clubs were wrong 😅. I received a complete mish-mash of clubs ranging from a 739 Pitching Wedge, to a 699 4 iron. No big deal. Wrote a quick e-mail and got a call back within 24 hours discussing what I ordered and saying they'd make it right. Well, the good news is they did. 

A new box arrived in under 48h (amazing) with brand new, wrapped and custom labeled irons. They threw in a really awesome Sub 70 hat as a thank you (I'm definitely rocking the hat). This was followed up by an e-mail saying that I could take my time hitting the clubs due to the mixup and just let them know when I was returning them for the appropriate shipping label so that it wasn't a box bonaza at the post office. 

Customer service 10/10. Really appreciate that they took the time to make things right even if we had a rough start. 

Initial impressions:

Clubs are beautiful. Really nice style, simple and clean. I'd rock these in my bag any day and twice on Sunday if they were in black. If I bought a set, I would spring for the pros just because they look so good at address.

How did they hit? 

Not bad. I really can't complain about the 699 clubs they sent. I was not a fan of the 739. Unfortunately I could not pull any data from the launch monitor today since there was way too much interference at the range with people walking around and crowded bays. 

The 739 pitching wedge had less distance than I'm used to and very little feel off the face of the club. My typical P goes 130-150y depending on whether I take a shoulder-swing or a full swing. I love hitting wedges but with the 739 the best shot I hit, perfectly square in the sweet spot went for about 135y. I found that I did not have a feel for the club through impact and where/how it would land. The perks of the club are that it's hard to chunk it due to the larger sole, and that the dispersion was pretty tight. If I played this on a course I'd be finding the green pretty consistently. 

The 699s on the other hand had a nice feel and decent ball speed off the face of the club. Launch was in a similar trajectory as my AP1 irons with a bit less distance. Feedback on the club was much better than I expected and I knew when I hit off center loud and clear. Forgiveness was there though even on intentional heel/toe shots. That's not to say the clubs aren't duck-hook proof. Swing poorly and you'll find some scary ball flight. Overall I liked the shorter clubs they sent but could not find a rhythm or consistent ball flight with the 5 and 6 irons. I didn't have the same feel and feedback that I had with the higher number clubs but that could be attributable to the 130g shaft I'm not used to playing. Based off this first hit, the irons definitely could be a fit for someone, but were not for me. I can't hit woods off the deck to save my life so I'm very much reliant on my long irons to get in scoring position. Without confidence in those mid to long irons my game will tank. 

I may give the longer irons another smack and report back, but otherwise it was overall a really fun demo and a huge thank you to Sub 70 for stellar customer service.

• Like 5

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons : Wilson D7 Forged 4-P

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line

AKA the #FourPuttPrince. 👑

18 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Pretty cool that TXG did a full review of Sub70!

Watched it yesterday at the gym while I was wrapping up with some cardio. Good video.

• Like 4

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Pro S300
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6m 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

It was great to see a review like that since they have not really gotten into sending clubs to YouTube reviewers. I know they have been getting into some MSG testing but it was fun being able to see some actually hit them. It confirmed what I think most of us have seen. They are a great option for budget conscious golfers that still want some top performance.

• Like 3

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

TXG had a lot of good things to say about Sub70.  All the clubs performed very well especially for the price point.   If I were in the market for new clubs Sub70 would be on my list.   When I replaced my irons last year the 699 pro was not yet available but if it was, they probably would have been in my bag.  

• Like 4

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

Can someone who has had a set of 699's comment on the durability of the finish?

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max

Cobra King F9 Speedback 3 wood and 7/8 wood

Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood

Taylormade M4 5 hybrid

Callaway Mavrik Max 6-GW (Mizuno HMB's when I'm feeling sporty)

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

6 hours ago, Hook DeLoft said:

Can someone who has had a set of 699's comment on the durability of the finish?

Go to the official review of the 699 Pro Irons. There are pictures of the black finish after a few rounds. Let's just say I'm glad I got the satin finish The satin holds up well. Doesn't look like the black does.

Driver, Ping G400 11* SR Flex

3 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 17*  R Flex

5 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 19* R Flex

Hybrid, Cobra Amp 24* R Flex

Irons, Sub 70 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

Wedges, Cleveland CBX 56* & 60*

Putter, Odyssey Marksman Fang 35"

15 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Go to the official review of the 699 Pro Irons. There are pictures of the black finish after a few rounds. Let's just say I'm glad I got the satin finish The satin holds up well. Doesn't look like the black does.

Thanks Tom.  I asked because I ordered the regular 699 demos a few months ago and the finish on the back and top line was dull and inconsistent.  Of course, being demos, there's no telling what abuse they had suffered.

Ping G400 Max

Cobra King F9 Speedback 3 wood and 7/8 wood

Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood

Taylormade M4 5 hybrid

Callaway Mavrik Max 6-GW (Mizuno HMB's when I'm feeling sporty)

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Sigma 2 Anser