Sub70 golf

Sluggo42

17 minutes ago, JimNantzsToast said:

I'm going to buy one of their wedges soon, how have they held up for people here? I've seen a few good things on here, and may be looking for a full 50, 54, 58 set!

I picked up a 56* JB wedge and have been playing with the club for the past 7 weeks. My findings so far are positive. From the fairway and rough this is a pin seeker. I have struggled slightly out of the sand only due to the club digging a little deeper in softer sand than I am used to comparing against my former CBX wedge.  I am still getting out, but leaving myself a longer putt than I am used to. I just have to shallow out my swing a bit and ill have it dialed in. 

• Like 6

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

That driver is sexy. May have to add that to my bag to complete most of my Sub 70 set

• Like 3

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

52 Deg:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

56 deg: :cleveland-small: Reg 588 tour action

60 Deg: :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

Putter:bettinardi-small: Studio Stock #3 (Winn 1.32 Pro x grip)

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

11 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

I can't seem to stop thinking about the TAIII Forged irons, I don't know what it is. I just got new irons and these beauties have me intrigued.

Totally I keep hoping for a forum test opportunity on these, but if not might have to at least give them a demo.

• Like 4

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed 

I am not sure why I am looking at any other club/clubs to buy. I am a huge customer service person and that goes a very long way with me. I generally will pay more just for good customer service. 

Everything I have read, and I did ask Sub70 a question a few months back and they not only responded, but did so in a quick fact finding for their need to help fashion.  

Can't wait till I can make a golf swing again, These are my number one choice and I haven't swung one yet. Eye of the beholder I guess. 

• Like 4

Epic GBB driver 10.5 turned down to 9.5 Hzruds 6.5 smoke shaft. 

Titleist U15 1 iron 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

Karsten Ping Zing putter

On 4/21/2021 at 12:50 PM, JFish350 said:

I am not sure why I am looking at any other club/clubs to buy. I am a huge customer service person and that goes a very long way with me. I generally will pay more just for good customer service. 

Everything I have read, and I did ask Sub70 a question a few months back and they not only responded, but did so in a quick fact finding for their need to help fashion.  

Can't wait till I can make a golf swing again, These are my number one choice and I haven't swung one yet. Eye of the beholder I guess. 

If you want to support a smaller company with outstanding customer service, buy some sub70... they make quality equipment too.

I have two black wedges and some rounds in on them... they’ve held up well and the wedge designs work for me. I have a 286 54 with higher bounce for sand shots and most easy chips... I have a low bounce jb 58 for the delicate stuff... both function great.

my least favorite sub70 club is my 639 cb 5 iron... it’s fine! Perfectly acceptable five iron... it was my first purchase from sub70. No complaints, but I can’t wax eloquent about a five iron.

699 4 utility is a Goldilocks club for me... I disliked all the other driving irons... most felt too clunky and the ping felt hollow... this one feels just right. Also great for flighting down for stingers. I did miss a green in two with it from 220 my last round, but I got up and down with my sub70 wedge!

my pro hybrid is, I think, a good example of them progressing as a company... it’s well built, came in an incredible package and flat out performs. The movable weights are great and the club feels solid. It replaced an Adams hybrid that I loved and the old hybrid didn’t stand a chance.

I also love their visors... I actually paid for the one in my avatar... Jason dmed me when I jokingly asked for one with an order and included my other visor for free on Twitter.

• Like 4

Mavrik 9 degree - Ventus Black 7X

Mavrik 13.5 Degree - Hazardus Smoke

Sub70 19 degree - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 4u - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Adams CMB 6-GW - Project X 6.0

Sub70 54 (286) and 58 (JB Low Bounce) - S300

SeeMore Trimetal Mallet (Custom fit and built... Kudos to Cody)

And as always, Kudos to Craigers.

On 4/24/2021 at 7:13 PM, myherobobhope said:

If you want to support a smaller company with outstanding customer service, buy some sub70... they make quality equipment too.

I have two black wedges and some rounds in on them... they’ve held up well and the wedge designs work for me. I have a 286 54 with higher bounce for sand shots and most easy chips... I have a low bounce jb 58 for the delicate stuff... both function great.

my least favorite sub70 club is my 639 cb 5 iron... it’s fine! Perfectly acceptable five iron... it was my first purchase from sub70. No complaints, but I can’t wax eloquent about a five iron.

699 4 utility is a Goldilocks club for me... I disliked all the other driving irons... most felt too clunky and the ping felt hollow... this one feels just right. Also great for flighting down for stingers. I did miss a green in two with it from 220 my last round, but I got up and down with my sub70 wedge!

my pro hybrid is, I think, a good example of them progressing as a company... it’s well built, came in an incredible package and flat out performs. The movable weights are great and the club feels solid. It replaced an Adams hybrid that I loved and the old hybrid didn’t stand a chance.

I also love their visors... I actually paid for the one in my avatar... Jason dmed me when I jokingly asked for one with an order and included my other visor for free on Twitter.

If there were ever a better review written I am not sure I have read it yet. Once I get back to being able to swing a club, This is where I am going. I just wish there was a fitting cart close by. I know how I am with trying clubs and it would cost me what a new set would using the Demo version. 

Do you have a sub 70 driver? After irons and hybrid, I'll be looking at those as well. 

Thanks for the info. 

• Like 4

Epic GBB driver 10.5 turned down to 9.5 Hzruds 6.5 smoke shaft. 

Titleist U15 1 iron 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

Karsten Ping Zing putter

18 minutes ago, JFish350 said:

If there were ever a better review written I am not sure I have read it yet. Once I get back to being able to swing a club, This is where I am going. I just wish there was a fitting cart close by. I know how I am with trying clubs and it would cost me what a new set would using the Demo version. 

Do you have a sub 70 driver? After irons and hybrid, I'll be looking at those as well. 

Thanks for the info. 

No. I don’t have a driver... I won a mavrik last year and still have some hang ups about buying a DTC driver...

the hybrid makes me more confident they are making a quality product, though.

on the demo front, I did the same math! I just bought the five iron figuring it would be cheaper overall... $20 to borrow a $100 club didn’t make a ton of sense to me.

happy to answer any questions, but jay and Jason are great for that as well... jay@sub70golf.com or jason@sub70golf.com

I’ve joked they pay me in visors, but I’m just a big fan of them!

• Like 3

Mavrik 9 degree - Ventus Black 7X

Mavrik 13.5 Degree - Hazardus Smoke

Sub70 19 degree - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 4u - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Adams CMB 6-GW - Project X 6.0

Sub70 54 (286) and 58 (JB Low Bounce) - S300

SeeMore Trimetal Mallet (Custom fit and built... Kudos to Cody)

And as always, Kudos to Craigers.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll add my own Sub70 fanboy post.  I bought a set of 699 Pros after demoing them this winter.  Loved the clubs, I got the Dynamic Gold S shafts and just love the ball flight. I'm still learning to work the ball, but they have proved to be great so far. 

I also got a 3U with a Project X shaft.  It's an amazing club and I can rip it 230 under the wind.  However, hitting off mats this winter, I snapped the shaft right at the hosel (I did get to fulfill a lifelong dream of driving the ball collector when I went to retrieve my club head).  I emailed customer device and sent a picture.  They apologized for the defect (not sure it was) and sent me a return label.  Within two weeks I had a my club back in hand.  

After about another month, I cracked the shaft at the hosel again (I'm sure I was coming in steep on mats).  I emailed again, same process, but we discussed shifting to a steel shaft.  They found and held a Project X U shaft for me.  They installed the shaft and re-gripped the club.  The only cost to me was a $30 for the non-standard shaft upgrade.  Back in hand after two weeks.  

I love the clubs so much,  I bought a 3W Pro with a HZRDS Black shaft.  It's a beauty and when I catch it it just screams off the club with a nice piercing ball flight.  

The customer service is amazing and cannot be beat.  I'm on beyond happy with all of the clubs and will be upgrading the driver this summer with 849 Pro.  

• Like 9

Driver:  RBZ Stage 2 (9.5)

3 Wood: Sub70 Pro (13)

3U: Sub70 (19.5)

Irons: Sub70 699 Pro (5-Gap)

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54 and 58 (10S) 

Putter: Some old green Nike Blade

After reading through a bunch of this thread, I've decided participate in the demo program as I search for a new set of irons! 

• Like 4

Testing: :EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014)

:callaway-small: X-20s 4-SW (missing 9 iron 😬)*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:odyssey-small: White Hot #4

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:nike-small: Miami Hurricane Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft

*Getting fitted in a month or so, will update weapons of choice then!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hobert said:

After reading through a bunch of this thread, I've decided participate in the demo program as I search for a new set of irons! 

image.png.c99c48c403a161fdaa202b5632ebf09f.png699 Demo order placed 😃

Edited by Hobert
  • Like 5

So close to trying out a couple of 699s! 😊 Loving Sub 70's demo program.

image.png.3cdd03a11b467f2dd1efede360247ffc.png

• Like 5

On 5/28/2021 at 12:05 PM, Hobert said:

image.png.c99c48c403a161fdaa202b5632ebf09f.png699 Demo order placed 😃

You'll love them!

• Like 3

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 10.5*

:callaway-small:Mavrik 4W - 16.5*

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid 😍

:Sub70: 939X 22* Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 5-AW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 54* and 58*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour Black on Black on Black

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods 😉

699 demo clubs arrived today! The tees, ball marker, sticker and hand-written note were very nice touches. Headed to the range this evening to give them a try.

PXL_20210605_192152554.jpg.96c770a953babbad28ed989808c9905e.jpgPXL_20210605_192322199.jpg.43780a7accb738076369e240c6d0822a.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Finally jumped on the demo bandwagon.  I play Titleist AP2s currently (with a few AP1s at the top end of the set).

So I started with the 639 MBs because why not.  After a round I like them but dont LIKE them.  So the 639 CBs just arrived - waiting on the label to send the MBs back.

If the CBs are better than the MBs it'll be a no brainer and likely to be a 639 combo set.  We will see though!

20210706_163416.jpg

• Like 3
  • :titelist-small: TSi 2 10D
  • :titelist-small: 917 F2 3W
  • :titelist-small: 716 T-MB 3i
  • :titelist-small: 716 AP1 4-5i
  • :titelist-small: 716 AP2 6-PW
  • :titelist-small: SM6 52/58 wedges
  • Toulon Rochester
  • :Snell: MTB-X

After doing the review this year on the hybrid. I’m thinking about trying a 3w to replace my older 3w whose hosel is moving on me

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

After doing the review this year on the hybrid. I’m thinking about trying a 3w to replace my older 3w whose hosel is moving on me

I LOVE my 939X 3 wood. I've got the EvenFlow Blue 6.0 in it and it's pretty good off the tee and great off the deck.

• Like 3

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4 hours ago, MattF said:

I LOVE my 939X 3 wood. I've got the EvenFlow Blue 6.0 in it and it's pretty good off the tee and great off the deck.

I have the 80g in my hybrid and I’m ripping it nearly as far as my 3w sometimes when I get a hold of it! Never used evenflow before and honestly it’s not what I asked for but dang it I like it more than the hzrdus smoke I asked for and hit in my fitting. I may have to go with Evenflow in the 3w but I use an x-stiff in my 3w not stiff currently so I’m not sure what I’d want to do there because I was fit for x-stiff hzrdus black in driver. I’m definitely going to get a 3w soon just have to decide what I want to do. I also have a shaft I was fit for that I purchased in case I didn’t hit the shaft for my hybrid so do I get a 2h and put that shaft in it and get a 3w also I’m not sure. If I got a 2h it would probably go as far as my 3w(I bought off the rack never fitted for). Decisions decisions but I do really like how well I hit this hybrid I got I never got along with hybrids before but I definitely get along with it enough it kicked my driving iron out of the bag for good! Sorry this is a little of a hint of how my review is going to go.

• Like 3

My biggest concern is shaft selection.  I don't have a great chance here to test shafts and if I did it wouldn't be with the Sub70 stuff.

I currently run DG S300s - I'll likely go with those but we'll see.  I might move to something graphite too.

• Like 2
  • Toulon Rochester

18 hours ago, etakmit said:

My biggest concern is shaft selection.  I don't have a great chance here to test shafts and if I did it wouldn't be with the Sub70 stuff.

I currently run DG S300s - I'll likely go with those but we'll see.  I might move to something graphite too.

If you give us a call we'll be more than happy to go through everything and try to make a recommendation. Our customer support team does that kind of stuff all day and can offer their insights

• Like 7

3 hours ago, GolfSub70 said:

If you give us a call we'll be more than happy to go through everything and try to make a recommendation. Our customer support team does that kind of stuff all day and can offer their insights

wait ... " a call " ... im not familiar with this terminology 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Toulon Rochester