Jump to content

Sub70 golf


Sluggo42

Recommended Posts

So here’s a few picks of the raw wedges after 4 rounds now. 

C9285575-7FB3-41A7-A194-0EDD30C1994A.jpeg.e67026909f0d6dc10d6e8a82f074c5c4.jpeg

and the udder side...DAA1C2B7-2289-42DE-A23D-9236533C6DFB.jpeg.9421a466bd11c5e00b516db171d15c3d.jpeg

good spin from these...

BAE2893A-BEEF-4EB7-9610-9DBB0591F7F2.jpeg.4beb7f9718411a4e34b81ff272a7d49e.jpeg

 

two rounds have have been in the rain, and I’m an early bird, so it’s always wet -so that might be an accelerating factor...

  • Like 5

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

 :EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

So here’s a few picks of the raw wedges after 4 rounds now. 

 

Thanks for sharing!  I tell everyone that asks about the raw finish that it's not for everyone...but it's a great option and I've really warmed up to the look.  It's fun to see them develop that patina.  We had a guy that sprayed them on purpose to accelerate the rusting process.  Hopefully they are performing well for you too!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, GolfSub70 said:

Thanks for sharing!  I tell everyone that asks about the raw finish that it's not for everyone...but it's a great option and I've really warmed up to the look.  It's fun to see them develop that patina.  We had a guy that sprayed them on purpose to accelerate the rusting process.  Hopefully they are performing well for you too!

So far so good- only 4 rounds in, but, spin is awesome!

  • Like 4

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

 :EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every time I see those 639’s, I want some

  • Like 3

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

 :EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every time I almost forget about Sub70 someone bumps this thread 🤦‍♂️ You guys are killing me [emoji51]


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 5

CobraConnectChallenge3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That club is gorgeous. Love to no medallion/badge look. So clean.

  • Like 3

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 8.2 (Last Updated July 30, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, cnosil said:

Got to try the 739 irons today as part of the Game Improvement Iron Most Wanted category.  Was in my group of 7 irons today and I still have the 5 and PW to go.   Overall performance was equivalent to anything I have tested in this group so far. I didn't get any specific numbers but ball speed and launch were good.  My only problem was that I had a tendency to hit a high fade with the test clubs.  This wasn't the case with other clubs I was testing.   Anyone looking for a game improvement iron should take a look at the 739 series.  

Thanks for the info!  Glad to hear the iron testing has started already.  I know the guys at MGS are hoping to get more of their testing and results out earlier this year.  I bet a different shaft would lower the flight and straighten out that fade with the 739s 😉

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For you guys that have demoed/played/seen these irons, what is the offset like? According to the spec numbers on their website (which don't provide units, so I have to assume are measured in milimetres), the offsets are the same or higher than my current set of Callaway Steelhead's, (which are a GI iron with strong offset). The 599 have the least offset but the 639 have even more offset than the Callaways. 

Has this affected the flight of the ball for anyone? I was kind of under the impression these are supposed to be more of a playerish type of iron, but with that amount of offset I am going to have a hard time keeping them out of the left rough (yes obviously I need to test them). Just wondering if a) these numbers/units are correct and b) if anybody else has noticed/has an issue with the extreme offset in these clubs. Thanks guys.

  • Like 2

WITB

 

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just dying to see THESE in real life... They just LOOK like a buttery-soft, penetrating-flight, monster that I can't wait to hit. Pretty sure Sub70 said these would be hitting the market late spring, early summer...

So perfect... Clean, yet techie... No excess badging... Just nailed it in the looks department. Now, will they be available in black? [emoji16]Screenshot_20190303-144129_Instagram.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

In The Bag:

:wilson-small: Cortex Driver - 9° - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7 X-Flex Shaft - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: Staff Model Blades - 3-PW - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: PMP RAW Wedges - 50°, 54° & 58° - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:odyssey-small: Tri-Hot #3 (2002) Putter - Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 Grip

:titelist-small: AVX Balls  +  :wilson-small: Exo Bag  +  :footjoy-small: shoes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, newballcoach said:

For you guys that have demoed/played/seen these irons, what is the offset like? According to the spec numbers on their website (which don't provide units, so I have to assume are measured in milimetres), the offsets are the same or higher than my current set of Callaway Steelhead's, (which are a GI iron with strong offset). The 599 have the least offset but the 639 have even more offset than the Callaways. 

Has this affected the flight of the ball for anyone? I was kind of under the impression these are supposed to be more of a playerish type of iron, but with that amount of offset I am going to have a hard time keeping them out of the left rough (yes obviously I need to test them). Just wondering if a) these numbers/units are correct and b) if anybody else has noticed/has an issue with the extreme offset in these clubs. Thanks guys.

Hey thanks for the post.  That is correct that they are listed in millimeters on our website...the 639 and 739 pages have it listed as "Offset (mm)" but for some reason it's not in the 699 table.  We'll get that "(mm)" added on the 699 page.  It looks like Callaway uses inches but it should be a pretty easy conversion.  Regarding the offsets themselves, it looks like some sort of typo/clerical mistake may have been made when they were added to the pages.  I'm working on getting the correct figures and will make sure it gets fixed on the site.  Not exactly sure how that happened as I know it was correct previously...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Waazzupppp said:

I'm just dying to see THESE in real life... They just LOOK like a buttery-soft, penetrating-flight, monster that I can't wait to hit. Pretty sure Sub70 said these would be hitting the market late spring, early summer...

So perfect... Clean, yet techie... No excess badging... Just nailed it in the looks department. Now, will they be available in black? emoji16.pngScreenshot_20190303-144129_Instagram.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
 

That is correct that they should be available by early Summer at the latest. No black finish for the irons yet, but it's definitely something we hope to offer in the future.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is correct that they should be available by early Summer at the latest. No black finish for the irons yet, but it's definitely something we hope to offer in the future.
Can't wait! Make sure to keep us posted!!! These Instagram teases are brutal!

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

In The Bag:

:wilson-small: Cortex Driver - 9° - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7 X-Flex Shaft - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: Staff Model Blades - 3-PW - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: PMP RAW Wedges - 50°, 54° & 58° - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:odyssey-small: Tri-Hot #3 (2002) Putter - Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 Grip

:titelist-small: AVX Balls  +  :wilson-small: Exo Bag  +  :footjoy-small: shoes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, GolfSub70 said:

Hey thanks for the post.  That is correct that they are listed in millimeters on our website...the 639 and 739 pages have it listed as "Offset (mm)" but for some reason it's not in the 699 table.  We'll get that "(mm)" added on the 699 page.  It looks like Callaway uses inches but it should be a pretty easy conversion.  Regarding the offsets themselves, it looks like some sort of typo/clerical mistake may have been made when they were added to the pages.  I'm working on getting the correct figures and will make sure it gets fixed on the site.  Not exactly sure how that happened as I know it was correct previously...

I kind of assumed this was a mistake, from the photos I have seen the offset does not seem that extreme. However, I do believe that you noted earlier in this thread that it is difficult to take a good photo of the offset in an iron. Thanks for looking into this. I am hoping to be able to demo the 699's this summer.

  • Like 2

WITB

 

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, newballcoach said:

I kind of assumed this was a mistake, from the photos I have seen the offset does not seem that extreme. However, I do believe that you noted earlier in this thread that it is difficult to take a good photo of the offset in an iron. Thanks for looking into this. I am hoping to be able to demo the 699's this summer.

Yeah it's really bizarre...especially since I cross checked those tables to make sure they were correct about 6 weeks ago. We'll get them squared away. Thanks again for pointing that out. I can get "above view" pictures of the 639 CBs at address if you are interested but unfortunately I don't have the 699s or 739s with me at the moment.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info!  Glad to hear the iron testing has started already.  I know the guys at MGS are hoping to get more of their testing and results out earlier this year.  I bet a different shaft would lower the flight and straighten out that fade with the 739s [emoji6]


I agree, pretty sure it is a shaft issue or swing weighting. Fitting is important! During testing I don’t pay attention to the shafts or setups so I can’t even tell you what shaft they have. My goal is to try and provide a consistent swing across all the clubs without any bias. It probably wasn’t that bad of a ball flight, just looks like it on a launch monitor. It was just noticeably different than the other clubs I was testing but the flight was consistent from shot to shot.

Ultimately it is my belief that it is a quality club, a good value, and holds its own against the name brand clubs.
  • Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

 


I agree, pretty sure it is a shaft issue or swing weighting. Fitting is important! During testing I don’t pay attention to the shafts or setups so I can’t even tell you what shaft they have. My goal is to try and provide a consistent swing across all the clubs without any bias. It probably wasn’t that bad of a ball flight, just looks like it on a launch monitor. It was just noticeably different than the other clubs I was testing but the flight was consistent from shot to shot.

Ultimately it is my belief that it is a quality club, a good value, and holds its own against the name brand clubs.

 

I would assume the 639 and 699 irons are also in the testing? Players irons and players distance maybe? 

MGS listed the clubs they need to buy from the manufacturers that did not participate, but they don't list the clubs they got from the companies that do. It would be nice to see which set of irons/putters,etc. were sent in, since most OEM's don't send in the entire line.

  • Like 1

WITB

 

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...