Sluggo42

Sub70 golf

Our Sponsors

I would assume the 639 and 699 irons are also in the testing? Players irons and players distance maybe? 
MGS listed the clubs they need to buy from the manufacturers that did not participate, but they don't list the clubs they got from the companies that do. It would be nice to see which set of irons/putters,etc. were sent in, since most OEM's don't send in the entire line.

I don’t know everything that was provided by the manufacturers unless I ask or by looking through the lineup of clubs that are laying around. Since players and players distance testing hasn’t started, They are still in the storage area. I mostly look at the putters so I have a pretty good idea of what has been provided in that area.

Generally manufacturers send stuff from their new line. Some send more others send less, they work with Sam to figure it out. Manufacturers release schedules and MGS deadlines also influence what can be in the testing.

The Sub70 person that posts can probably answer the question on what was provided better than I can.

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

The 699 and 639 irons were submitted.  My understanding is that we also submitted fairway woods, hybrids and wedges.  Not sure on putters.  We're definitely looking forward to the upcoming results and think that given the right specs/shafts the clubs perform similarly to anything else out there.

• Like 5

Re: the offsets...

639 CB irons are as follows:

3 - 3.5mm

4 - 3mm

5 - 2.75mm

6 - 2.5mm

7 - 2.25mm

8 - 2.25mm

9 - 2mm

PW 1.75mm

739 Irons are as follows:

4 - 5mm

5 - 4.5mm

6 - 4mm

7 - 3.5mm

8 - 3mm

9 - 2mm

PW - 2mm

AW - 1mm

SW - 0.5mm

• Like 6

6 hours ago, GolfSub70 said:

The 699 and 639 irons were submitted.  My understanding is that we also submitted fairway woods, hybrids and wedges.  Not sure on putters.  We're definitely looking forward to the upcoming results and think that given the right specs/shafts the clubs perform similarly to anything else out there.

I am pretty familiar with the putters in the test and there weren't any sub70 putters.

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

My wedges were really nice today as I’m getting more used to them.

really nice...

• Like 4

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 Stiff

:mizuno-small: MP5/MP25 combo

Sub70  Wedges 50°, 54°, 58° Raw, on Recoil 760 SmacWrap

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact #3 putter

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Sketcher shoes

After 8 rounds now... awesome stix...

F2719B83-0DA1-4067-AF77-392F606989A6.jpeg.6b40271219f307c0a1cdd3e7f2b72aae.jpegA4AFF96F-71BB-469D-A9F9-EE9C12BBBD59.jpeg.d8e330807e41389423df0dc59de93000.jpeg

• Like 7

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 Stiff

:mizuno-small: MP5/MP25 combo

Sub70  Wedges 50°, 54°, 58° Raw, on Recoil 760 SmacWrap

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact #3 putter

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Sketcher shoes

5 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

My wedges were really nice today as I’m getting more used to them.

really nice...

Happy to hear you are liking them.  Your "after 8 rounds" comment made me want to throw my bag on my back and start walking south though.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, GolfSub70 said:

Happy to hear you are liking them.  Your "after 8 rounds" comment made me want to throw my bag on my back and start walking south though.

Any time Sub 70 - Florida is always open. 🙂

• Like 4

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

639 CB 7 iron....

One word: wow.

I got to hit balls at the range and the club was great! Great feel, consistency, FORGIVENESS, and nice flight window! Really nice! I was shocked at how forgiving they are, and I was hitting center-of-face 90% of the time. Really nice. I just kept saying to myself, “Dang, this club is straight!”

I emailed Jason and told him that at address, the offset, and shape of the club remind me a lot of the MacGregor VIP 7 iron blade I have!

These ones:

IMG_8320.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 9

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

48 minutes ago, GolfSub70 said:

Here are a couple pictures of our newest prototype. The 639-G wouldn't be available until 2020 if we decide to move forward, but I thought I would share. It should fit between the MB and CB...MB profile but a little more forgiving.

IMG_20190314_064916_642.jpg

IMG_20190314_064916_641.jpg

It would be quite a shock to the system to switch to these from my G700s.

But wowsers it might still be worth it 🙂

• Like 3

:callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero, 10.5°, Project X EvenFlow Blue 65
:taylormade-small: M4 3HL 16.5°, Atmos Red 60
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 19.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20°, Project X HZRDUS 85 5.5
:ping-small: G700 5–PW, blue dot, Modus3 105
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:cleveland-small: RTX-3 CB 54° and 60°
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab R Ball, 34"
:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

1 hour ago, GolfSub70 said:

Here are a couple pictures of our newest prototype. The 639-G wouldn't be available until 2020 if we decide to move forward, but I thought I would share. It should fit between the MB and CB...MB profile but a little more forgiving.

These things are 🔥

• Like 4

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

I'm still sure the MBs are the right iron for me, but man... A blade with a touch of forgiveness???

It would make for the ultimate blended set if you did bring them next year!

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In The Bag:

:wilson-small: Cortex Driver - 9° - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7 X-Flex Shaft - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: Staff Model Blades - 3-PW - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: PMP RAW Wedges - 50°, 54° & 58° - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:odyssey-small: Tri-Hot #3 (2002) Putter - Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 Grip

:titelist-small: AVX Balls  +  :wilson-small: Exo Bag  +  :footjoy-small: shoes

On 3/9/2019 at 2:31 PM, PMookie said:

639 CB 7 iron....

One word: wow.

I got to hit balls at the range and the club was great! Great feel, consistency, FORGIVENESS, and nice flight window! Really nice! I was shocked at how forgiving they are, and I was hitting center-of-face 90% of the time. Really nice. I just kept saying to myself, “Dang, this club is straight!”

I emailed Jason and told him that at address, the offset, and shape of the club remind me a lot of the MacGregor VIP 7 iron blade I have!

These ones:

IMG_8320.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a full set of the MacGregor 1025M Tourney VIP clubs.  They are IMO the easiest blade-type iron to hit... period! They have to be if I can hit them. 

I love playing them; it's just that I score better with today's SGI irons.

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 3/14/2019 at 7:58 AM, GolfSub70 said:

Move over PXG... there's a new sheriff in town 😄.  Hell, I'd be inclined to play the wrong clubs (for me) just to watch the starry eye glazes around the course.  Those are cool looking!

• Like 7

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Move over PXG... there's a new sheriff in town 😄.  Hell, I'd be inclined to play the wrong clubs (for me) just to watch the starry eye glazes around the course.  Those are cool looking!

Hah! Thanks. At this point they're just a concept/prototype but hopefully they'll develop into another product line. We don't really want to come out with new products unless they offer something that we aren't already hitting...we think these could be good on their own or make for a good mixed set with either the MBs or CBs...but we'll see what happens 

• Like 6

Hah! Thanks. At this point they're just a concept/prototype but hopefully they'll develop into another product line. We don't really want to come out with new products unless they offer something that we aren't already hitting...we think these could be good on their own or make for a good mixed set with either the MBs or CBs...but we'll see what happens 
This kind of thinking is what the big boys don't get right now... Look at how many sets they have out there just hoping to land people on something. Instead, make fewer great clubs that fits more people. I think it was the Tour Edge video where the President said he didn't want to make the best driver on the market, he wanted the best driver for 80% of the market... Smart idea...

Love where you're headed with this... Waiting impatiently for those MBs!!! Come on summer!!!

• Like 5

In The Bag:

:wilson-small: Cortex Driver - 9° - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7 X-Flex Shaft - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: Staff Model Blades - 3-PW - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: PMP RAW Wedges - 50°, 54° & 58° - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip

So I know this is in the Shiny Metal/Irons sub, so first a question in that regard- is there a timeframe on demo availability for the Sub70 MB’s? Would it be the same as the general release?

but second, and not iron related, it seems that the only negatives I’ve heard regarding the Sub70 Drivers have been about sound/feel- has anyone tried hotmelting to quiet things down some? Is there an access point to add it?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wareaglefan23 said:

So I know this is in the Shiny Metal/Irons sub, so first a question in that regard- is there a timeframe on demo availability for the Sub70 MB’s? Would it be the same as the general release?

but second, and not iron related, it seems that the only negatives I’ve heard regarding the Sub70 Drivers have been about sound/feel- has anyone tried hotmelting to quiet things down some? Is there an access point to add it?

Thanks for the message.  On the MBs, we should have them by June 1st.  I'm hoping we get some heads over for demo use before then and we'll definitely announce that via social media if they become available.

On the driver, it's really strange because we had 10+ people test the driver during development and had zero comments on the sound.  Most of that testing was done outdoors and we have noticed that it is higher pitched/louder in a smaller, indoor environment.  We've had several guys double check the sound against other driver heads outside...and they noted that it may be slightly higher pitched/louder than some heads...but it's similar to some other major OEM heads and isn't "Whoa that is loud".  As far as hot melt...that is definitely an option.  There are forward and rear weights that are removable so you could certainly mod it if you wanted to.

• Like 5

Thanks for the message.  On the MBs, we should have them by June 1st.  I'm hoping we get some heads over for demo use before then and we'll definitely announce that via social media if they become available.
On the driver, it's really strange because we had 10+ people test the driver during development and had zero comments on the sound.  Most of that testing was done outdoors and we have noticed that it is higher pitched/louder in a smaller, indoor environment.  We've had several guys double check the sound against other driver heads outside...and they noted that it may be slightly higher pitched/louder than some heads...but it's similar to some other major OEM heads and isn't "Whoa that is loud".  As far as hot melt...that is definitely an option.  There are forward and rear weights that are removable so you could certainly mod it if you wanted to.
Try it against something loud, like the Wilson Triton or F5... Do some videos so people can hear them side by side. I know a guy that would be happy to make you a few videos...

• Like 2

In The Bag: