Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

The State of Casual Golf

JohnBarry

But it does teach some valuable lessons in life, being a good person, and respectful.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

But it does teach some valuable lessons in life, being a good person, and respectful.

Which ultimately is the best aspect of the First Tee program. The commercials for First tee on TV do a great job of nailing this as priority #1.

Could have gone with add campaign #2 "Play the First Tee, your 8-year-old will hit the S*** out of that ball!"'

Stay classy First Tee. B)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

It's because people don't have the respect for the sports, like the players do for golf. Golfer's and golf courses, are communities, and lot are of course. People look out for the course, the game, the players, the workers.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

It would be nice if they had that kind of balance in teaching other sports as well. I've done a bit of volunteer basketball coaching lately, and the way people coach little kids is appalling.

I am unofficially helping coach my son's indoor soccer team. My son's team is a rec team. They play for fun. This is an open division and some of the select teams are amazing. Young kids are very skilled at an early age. However, in my son's first game, I saw a problem with the system. His team lost 25-0. I was not at the game, my wife took him. She said that the last goal was a bicycle kick. Now that is badass in a 10 year-old. But a coach who lets the score run up like that is an ass. Worse sportsmanship in my opinion, for that league situation.

College football, you run it to 77-0. Little kids playing for fun who you obviously outmatch, 25-0, really. I assume that he was teaching them to be tough and never let up or something. Good aspects of being a competitor. But a little compassion is a good being-a-human trait that he had the chance to teach those boys that day and he failed.

Volvo Intorqueo

I am unofficially helping coach my son's indoor soccer team. My son's team is a rec team. They play for fun. This is an open division and some of the select teams are amazing. Young kids are very skilled at an early age. However, in my son's first game, I saw a problem with the system. His team lost 25-0. I was not at the game, my wife took him. She said that the last goal was a bicycle kick. Now that is badass in a 10 year-old. But a coach who lets the score run up like that is an ass. Worse sportsmanship in my opinion, for that league situation.

College football, you run it to 77-0. Little kids playing for fun who you obviously outmatch, 25-0, really. I assume that he was teaching them to be tough and never let up or something. Good aspects of being a competitor. But a little compassion is a good being-a-human trait that he had the chance to teach those boys that day and he failed.

I agree. The AAU teams for Baseball, are amazing, and the coaches on that level, well, they sure care about what they doing. My salesman next to me is an AAU team coach, a former AAA player, and High School coach as well. It doesn't matter if it's the AAU team or the School team, bad grades, getting trouble at home or school, lack of effort or hustle, none of it is tolerated.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

That's pathetic. 25-0 in soccer...wow. The thing that I see in youth basketball is people coaching to win, running lots of plays, but the kids can't dribble or pass. Then I get them on the varsity level and I'm inheriting 16 years of "can't dribble, can't pass, but I expect coach to give me lots of plays." I'm gonna stop there before this turns into a very long rant.

Back on topic: golf is great because the people involved care about the game.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

If i ever witnessed someone do something like that to my gradeschool aged daughters team, I would pull them off of the field, court, pitch, and forfeit. What can possibly be learned by running up the score?? in High School, I get it. Kind of. 10 year olds?? Really?? I suggest that you find out who that coach is, and ask him what happened in his life that made him so bitter and hate kids so much..

My wife thinks that we need to have sympathy for the ******* who runs up the score. Clearly that is all he has in his life. sad.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

My wife plays and my two sons just started taking lessons last year. Its really hard though for her and I to play together because the kids really won't play an entire round at their age and that means one of us has to stay behind to watch them. Oh well, maybe when we're retired...

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• SPY VIP

My wife plays and my two sons just started taking lessons last year. Its really hard though for her and I to play together because the kids really won't play an entire round at their age and that means one of us has to stay behind to watch them. Oh well, maybe when we're retired...

Getting the wife to play is a masterstroke. As I said in another thread, we are looking for a place to go for our 15th anniversary. Surprisingly, the golf destinations for the non-golfer wife are not ranking high on the list right now.

Volvo Intorqueo

Archived