TESTERS WANTED! ×

GOLFPASS and GOLFPASS+

Jim418

GolfNow and Rory McIlroy have teamed to bring golf fans a one-of-a-kind, subscription program called GolfPass. Seems to be a new program which replaces GolfNow VIP, Revolution Golf+ and Golf Odyssey.

$10 monthly, $100 Annually or $200 Annually for GOLFPASS+. 

Full terms and conditions are HERE

GOLFPASS Monthly benefits are:

• One free round of golf every month  (DETAILS BELOW)
  • Exclusive shows and videos
  • GOLF Channel fan favorites, including Feherty
  • 400+ hours of instruction
  • Custom coaching plans from top instructors
  • Member-exclusive pricing
  • Free domestic shipping on all Revolution GOLF orders
  • $100 travel credit at popular golf resorts
  • Exclusive member support

Annual GOLFPASS members also get:  One dozen TaylorMade Project (a) golf balls. If you have a friendly golf shop they might let you trade-up.

GOLFPASS+ members also get:

• Waived convenience fees on GOLFNOW tee times
  • Cancellation protection on GOLFNOW tee times
  • Earn free golf faster on GOLFNOW

Here are the details of the "Free Round":

one (1) Hot Deal* tee time of any value** (for one (1) golfer only), playable Monday through Thursday after 12:00 p.m. only. PLAY Promo Codes will be sent via email to the email address associated with Your account and will expire three hundred and sixty-five (365) days after the date in which it is issued and cannot be extended. However, in the event You cancel Your GOLFPASS membership, all unused PLAY Promo Codes will become null and void ninety (90) days from the date of cancellation.  EXCLUDED COURSES (The excluded courses are NOT all great courses. One is an executive course near me that normally goes for $25).

If you are a regular user of WEEKDAY AFTERNOON Hot Deals it seems like this would be a no-brainer.

Might give it a trial run for a couple of months.

What do others think of GOLFPASS?

Edited by Jim418

Driver:    Titliest TSi3 - Tensei white stiff
Wood:   PING  G425 LST 14.5* - Tensei orange stiff
Hybrid:   PING  G425 19* - Tensei orange stiff
Irons:    PING i525 - Project X I/O 5.5 - 4-W
Wedges:     Taylormade MG3 52* and HiToe 56* Project X I/O 6.0
Putter:  TM Spider X HYDROBLAST (33", 3* upright)

Another gimmick to suck me dry of my money.  Not interested.

The biggest rub is that most of the courses in my area don't use GolfNow, so I would only be able to use it when I travel, which is next to never.

I have the same problem with any golf product that tries to help you find tee times and other deals for golf in your area.  Small metro areas like Tallahassee are not conducive to taking advantage of national campaigns, et al. like this.  Maybe if I lived in a bigger city like Orlando or Tampa it would be a great thing to sign up for.  But unfortunately us country rural folks will continue to be left out of things like this.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I'm in Sarasota for the winter and use GolfNow a lot for rounds down here. There are some courses in the area where Hot Deals are still $70+, so it seems useful to me for those months.

But you're right that if there aren't a lot of GolfNow courses in your area, this part of the deal is low-value. 

Driver:    Titliest TSi3 - Tensei white stiff
Wood:   PING  G425 LST 14.5* - Tensei orange stiff
Hybrid:   PING  G425 19* - Tensei orange stiff
Irons:    PING i525 - Project X I/O 5.5 - 4-W
Wedges:     Taylormade MG3 52* and HiToe 56* Project X I/O 6.0
Putter:  TM Spider X HYDROBLAST (33", 3* upright)

On 2/6/2019 at 12:53 PM, Shankster said:

I was really hoping this would have been a Golf Channel streaming service. I don’t want 568 other channels of BS.

In terms of instruction? Or are you looking for live coverage?

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

10 hours ago, Shankster said:

Live coverage. I wish there was a golf channel service. That included the EuropeanTour without having a TV service.

It’s 2019, someone has to figure out that no one wants cable anymore.

That's one of the reasons we went with Sling. However, I did have to purchase their sports package for the additional $5. a month to get the GC. That means I have a 1/2 doz other sports channels I never watch. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

That's one of the reasons we went with Sling. However, I did have to purchase their sports package for the additional $5. a month to get the GC. That means I have a 1/2 doz other sports channels I never watch. 

Tried Sling, dtvnow, Hulu live but all I was using it for was the golf channel and espn during football seasons. Can’t justify the 25$+ a month to watch golf.

For San Diego there is enough competition from teeoff.com and JC golf for the non-private courses, as well as Torrey Pines & Balboa if you are a resident. Maybe they have more of a monopoly on different golf markets (we are definitely spoiled with options here) to make the fee savings worth it, but that would be a hard pass from me, and I would imagine anyone in this area that works M-F. Why not expand the free round benefit for the + membership option?

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

Tried Sling, dtvnow, Hulu live but all I was using it for was the golf channel and espn during football seasons. Can’t justify the 25$+ a month to watch golf.

That makes sense if you're only using it for golf. . Sling is our substitute for cable. so we were still saving about $40. a month. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Not a lot of GolfNow courses in my area. So most likely a no from me... But like others have said in some areas that would be good value.

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Live coverage. I wish there was a golf channel service. That included the EuropeanTour without having a TV service.

NBCSports golf gold package isn’t bad. But I don’t know if you’ll get euro tour.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Not bad. I’m watching it now. It could be 300% better.

I agree. But it’s better than nothing! Haha

We have Paradise golf in the Tampa Bay Area - I paid $100 for the winter iteration - besides the discounts at some very good courses it came with a free round at an Innisbrook Course and at the Eagles - that’s $160.

I’m playing courses that normally go for $75 at this time of the year for under $50. $49 for TPC (it’s north of $100).

Between it and my Clergy membership at Bayou I’m doing pretty well. My last 3 rounds have been at St Pete Country Club, Isla Del Sol and Innisbrook and I haven’t taken $70 out of pocket.

You can’t get on any of those courses in the winter through Golf Now.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm fortunate in the Metro-Detroit area that many courses are on GolfNow.  I was a VIP member with GolfNow because I didn't have to pay booking fees.  I use GolfNow so often that the cost for the VIP membership paid for itself with the savings on booking fees. 

The VIP has rolled over into the GOLFPASS program.  I haven't fully explored the instructional videos or other "perks" offered in the service.  I'm interested in seeing how much benefit I receive from it and if I need to alter how I pay and use the service.

When it stops snowing and being overall crappy weather here, I'll play around with the program and let everyone know my $.02.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

• 4 weeks later...

Vi mused used my free golf pass coupon to book a round for tomorrow. In fact I combined it with some other rewards points and only paid $15 for $100+ course.  So no complaints so far.  Does anyone know if the free monthly round replaces the $10 reward codes accumulated normally or is it in addition to the regular rewards points?

I play over 100 rounds a year so if I get the $20 golf pass in addition to the $10 reward code/coupons accumulated throughout the month then it's a KILLER deal. If not it's about the same. I play most of my rounds during the week so I don't mind the Monday - Thursday restriction. 

I'm a former VIP turned GolfPass member and I won't be renewing. It's not worth the cost, especially since you need to upgrade to the $200 to get your booking fees waived. That's about 30-40 rounds of golf to justify the waived fees. And the free round of golf is pretty much useless as you have to use a Hot Deal (up to $21) and play Mon-Thurs after noon or 1pm and most courses catch on quickly and don't offer any Hot Deals after noon. While it was easy to justify the $100/year fee and get your booking fees waived and easily cancel tee times up, I don't see it being that financially feasible going forward. Oh and I've watched exactly 0 of the training videos. 

FYI, I live in the Houston area and while a lot of courses use GolfNow, I find more and more are not offering steep discounts as the weather improves. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2019 at 7:18 PM, Shankster said:

• 2 months later...
On 2/8/2019 at 2:13 PM, PAgolfer2017 said:

NBCSports golf gold package isn’t bad. But I don’t know if you’ll get euro tour.

A bit late but here goes..... You can stream Sky Sports Golf.  IF you use a VPN and have an Android device you can check out Live net tv. Go through their site as there are many imitators in the Play Store. It's on V4.7, May the Google be with you!

• 7 months later...

I am a GolfPass member and there are a lot of negatives with GolfNow., particularly when compared to TeeOff.com.

1. GolfNow has a convenience fee ($3.49) for each golfer booked, plus tax (depends on state). TeeOff.com has neither.

2. You can ONLY cancel a reservation with GolfNow if the course is CLOSED. (they do call and verify). With TeeOff.com you can cancel for $2 for each player booked.

3.The GolfNow rewards and promos are only good on "HotDeals" and only Mon thru Thurs AFTER noon. If you look closely many of the "HotDeals" are in the morning. For example for my zip (32976) and picking a Thursday 2/27, there are 24  "Hotdeals"" listed but ONLY 4 are afternoon times.

4. The GolfNow promos and rewards are generally for one player only. With TeeOff.com their promos are usually in the form of percent off discounts that apply to the entire booking (everyone in the foursome gets the discounted rate). The discounts vary from 15% to 30%.

Of course by being a GolfPass member $79 and then upgrading to GolfPass+ for $179 more you can avoid the some of the fees and get a more friendly cancellation policy

GolfNow does seem to have more courses under "contract" than TeeOff.com but I noticed some courses here in Florida are on both services

Bud

I got a year subscription of GolfPass for Christmas.  I won't be renewing it when it expires.  I have watched a handful of the "Golf Films" and a few Feherty episodes I missed when they originally aired.  I don't think I have even accessed the App in 6-weeks. 

Waste of money for me!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2019 at 10:54 AM, Mr. 82 said:

Another gimmick to suck me dry of my money.  Not interested.

The biggest rub is that most of the courses in my area don't use GolfNow, so I would only be able to use it when I travel, which is next to never.

I have the same problem with any golf product that tries to help you find tee times and other deals for golf in your area.  Small metro areas like Tallahassee are not conducive to taking advantage of national campaigns, et al. like this.  Maybe if I lived in a bigger city like Orlando or Tampa it would be a great thing to sign up for.  But unfortunately us country rural folks will continue to be left out of things like this.

It’s certainly not a gimmick, but I do feel that this service is directed towards those who have more time to play golf during the week, rather than on weekends only. I actually have that luxury of weekday golf(8-11X/mo), am a + member(200/yr), renews in Sept, saved well over $150 in green fees alone since Sept, plus I’m earning points towards more discounted golf, on top of all that I’ve rec’d additional $20,25,30,35 (totaling $290 so far, used $115, plus I have 5of6 codes remaining [6 more on the way at ANY value)“celebration day”codes for playing when I was already planning on it. Absolutely mind blowing. Keep in mind, all codes are only good for 12pm or later, even when booking on the same day of play($10 earned codes are 3 days in advance only, but for any time of day)very important! Like I mentioned earlier, great times for me.

Now, I live in Nashville, TN and the choices and quality of courses are excellent, approx 25-30 within 60mi that support GN

My point here Mr 82, is you rural folks are not left out or been thrown a gimmick via GolfNow, it’s just an incredible service for those who can really take advantage of playing a ton of great golf, when the courses are usually wide open, at least compared to the weekends. 

Have a great day, and even a better round. Most of all, have fun man!!

... I renew every year and for me it is well worth the cost. With all booking fees waived and the free round a month it pays for itself and then some. A bargain in Chicago but a real no brainer in Phoenix as well as some trips to Orlando. I play afternoon golf anyway so the Hot Deals are perfect for me since I never play in the mornings. I have also cancelled an hour before my tee time with no problem. They really bend over backwards to take care of their GP+ members. I just received a dozen TP5 pix balls instead of Project A this year, so another reason for me to love the program. Ymmv ...

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

• 3 weeks later...

I am with Mr. 82, Gimmick or a Joke.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

• 2 weeks later...

well...one good thing to come out of this forced isolation is company's giving stuff away for free for a period of time.

first SiriusXM and now Golfpass...

Stay in the game with GOLFPASS Video with 2 months free for a limited time! Stream your favorite pros, lessons, and shows.

https://www.golfpass.com/gp-video

Make sure you turn off auto-renew after you sign up...
image.png

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

• 2 weeks later...

It is great to read the feedback and perspectives here; for a while there I though I was doing something wrong with GolfNow and GP.  My experience has been a mixed bag.  I have used GolfNow on multiple trips, but agree that the problem in my area is availability of courses that use it.  I subscribed to the GP+ last year thinking that I could put the monthly round to work and along with saving the booking fees I would benefit in the long run; but like others have stated, the monthly coupons seem to be geared toward weekday golfers and even then you cannot book the early tee times.  That said, I have benefitted from using GolfNow to book times while traveling and I have saved by not having the booking fee as a GP+ member; I have also been able to cancel several rounds, without the course being closed, with no penalty; I did have concurrence with the course on two of the cancellations cancellations, but regardless, the few times I have needed customer service they have been outstanding.  I have also gotten some great Hot Deal rates at some great courses that I might not otherwise have played; so is it a "good deal?"  I believe that, like many things in life, what works for one of us, is not for everyone else.   If it hadn't been for the travel restrictions in place this year I had two trips planned where I had already planned out my rounds and GolfNow and GP+ were helpful.  So, I will probably give it one more year to see if they can open up use of those monthly coupons, balance that with booking some rounds through other sites (e.g. TeeOff.com) and getting deals where I can and then reevaluate.  Thanks for the insight and who knows, maybe people with input over there will read some of these comments and update the service to better appeal to customers.  

Keep 'em in the short grass.

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't write negative reviews often I swear ... but after issue after issue with GolfPass I feel I have to warn others about this ... 1) My original subscription was paid Sept 2019, money taken immediately on credit card yet despite 10-12 attempted logins all of which failed..  and find the issue with customer service it took 5 months to figure it out and they are AWFUL at getting back to you  2) Main reason I subscribed was for the old Golf Odyssey access which is now GONE  100% disappeared   3) GolfNow coupons are worthless as they don't have courses in my area at all and of course they don't mention that  4) The login process is BRUTAL and for no apparent reason the password often fails requiring a new process and new password to remember ..it won't let you use an old one!!   Add to the very peculiar amateurish production of Conor Moore who I think is actually very clever and it all adds up to a bad experience.   I am sincerely hoping some executive at Golf Channel sees this and reaches out to me because I have never seen such a bad product or service in many many years.  

• 5 months later...

STAY AWAY! I never had an account and somehow they took the fee ($105.44) from my account. I saw this as a pending charge and tried to stop it... I have made numerous calls and each one has said, "we dont see an account for you". Over a month and still no refund!

#golfpass fraud