Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
Shankster

Pebble Beach Pro-Am

9 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Hope Lefty can close it out - if not then Scott Langley

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Close it out would mean he is in the lead right? In this case coming from behind would be pull it off 

Close it out would mean he is in the lead right? In this case coming from behind would be pull it off 

He is -6 today to Casey’s even par. At this point it is closing it out.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Love that Phil wanted to keep playing. Also agree that they called it with two to go. I see Phil hitting about 50 cut 6 irons on the range tomorrow in his warmup.

23 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I bet Phil wishes this was the next tournament at this venue. Finally punch that US Open ticket. Nothing like a good Monday finish.

He played well today, but where he drove the ball a few times, he will not be scoring as well in June.  BTW, Phil turns 49 on US Open Sunday.  What a present that would be!!

• Like 1

Am I the only person that detest's this event?  I'm not interested in watching half drunk "celebrities" playing very bad golf.  The commentators don't help matters either with the constant puns about "red solo cups" and "The Carlton."  

Am I the only person that detest's this event?  I'm not interested in watching half drunk "celebrities" playing very bad golf.  The commentators don't help matters either with the constant puns about "red solo cups" and "The Carlton."  

I don’t care for this tournament either. One of the very few I don’t watch. Just to much going on for me.

Congrats to Phil.  Joins Mark O'Meara as the only 5 time winner at PB.

Can he win here on his birthday on Sunday at the US Open?  Ancient astronaut theorists say YES!

• Like 2

Can he win here on his birthday on Sunday at the US Open?  Ancient astronaut theorists say YES!

Would be pretty amazing to see him win it here. In the same year. Get the Phil Slam.
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Great to see an "old" lefty teach the youngsters a thing or two! I'm looking forward to his win at the U.S. Open. 

• Like 2

That was quite the event to watch this weekend. 

Phil was on top of his game....even though he gave away at least 4-5 shots as he missed some short putts. 

I hope his momentum continues the whole year. 

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

I didn't hear too much about the celebrities other than Romo and the chip off the viewing platform. There were a few shots of Murray running around  - he needs to retire from this event and go back to the 70's. On Sunday afternoon they hardly showed the Am playing with Casey and Lefty. 

• Like 1

I just don’t let it bother me when I watch. Congrats to Phil on a great win. He can still play, and will have a good shot at the US Open in June. He loves the course and typically plays well here. Will be fun to watch anyway

53 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I didn't hear too much about the celebrities other than Romo and the chip off the viewing platform. There were a few shots of Murray running around  - he needs to retire from this event and go back to the 70's. On Sunday afternoon they hardly showed the Am playing with Casey and Lefty. 

I tuned in Saturday and within 10 minutes, Toby Keith hit his tee shot 70 yards right of the target into the grandstands.  Ian Baker Finch said "oh no, hope it didn't find a red solo cup!"  Not more than 5 minutes later, they showed Alfonso Ribeiro make a 6 inch putt and Gym Pants said "will he do his trademark dance?  The fans just love him for it!"  Almost immediately, they cut to Larry The Cable Guy and begin a 5 minute dialogue about him being a "Cornhusker."  🙄

I gave up and  started streaming "Tin Cup" at that point.  Show actual golfers playing actual golf shots and leave this nonsense alone!

With that said, I do think this week bodes well for Phil to get the career Grand Slam.  He plays well at Pebble and even with a US Open set-up, it shouldn't be too punishing for his wayward driver.  His short-game at Pebble is otherworldly!  

57 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I tuned in Saturday and within 10 minutes, Toby Keith hit his tee shot 70 yards right of the target into the grandstands.  Ian Baker Finch said "oh no, hope it didn't find a red solo cup!"  Not more than 5 minutes later, they showed Alfonso Ribeiro make a 6 inch putt and Gym Pants said "will he do his trademark dance?  The fans just love him for it!"  Almost immediately, they cut to Larry The Cable Guy and begin a 5 minute dialogue about him being a "Cornhusker."  🙄

I gave up and  started streaming "Tin Cup" at that point.  Show actual golfers playing actual golf shots and leave this nonsense alone!

With that said, I do think this week bodes well for Phil to get the career Grand Slam.  He plays well at Pebble and even with a US Open set-up, it shouldn't be too punishing for his wayward driver.  His short-game at Pebble is otherworldly!  

I didn't tune in til later in the afternoon on Saturday so I missed all of that!