Shankster

Pebble Beach Pro-Am

IMG_4848.JPG

An iconic event, mostly because of Bob Barker vs Happy Gilmore... I kid, I kid... kind of.

Pretty good field I’d say, can’t wait till tomorrow’s tee shots to get me out of the snow slump.

I’m taking my man Brandt Snedeker for the W.

What say you?

• Like 4

Jason Day; but would like to see Kucher, as he’s on my Fantasy Team.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

It'll be interesting since the US Open will be played here. I thought more of the big names might play just to get a few more rounds on a major championship course. Either way, I'd pick Spieth, but I'd like to see Cantlay win for my fantasy team...

• Like 1

It'll be interesting since the US Open will be played here. I thought more of the big names might play just to get a few more rounds on a major championship course. Either way, I'd pick Spieth, but I'd like to see Cantlay win for my fantasy team...

This is Fleetwood’s first trip around PB. I imagine the set up will be a bit different for the US Open, but for TF it will be a good chance to get some green contours, and a good feel for the course.
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Shankster said:

This is Fleetwood’s first trip around PB. I imagine the set up will be a bit different for the US Open, but for TF it will be a good chance to get some green contours, and a good feel for the course.

Maybe.  If he doesn't make the cut, he only sees it once.

I'm going out on a limb and pick Ernie, The Big Easy, to get his 20th PGA Tour win before he turns 50 this year.

• Like 1

Sergio.................I jest.

I don't mind who wins this one as it's just a joy to watch this course and the AMS competing (nervously) with the pro's and crowds.

• Like 2

I got to play there the first week of December and I was amazed that they were already growing the rough up and moving it in toward the middle in several places (notably from the left on 8 and 9 forcing you closer to the cliffs). I asked the caddies if it was for the AT&T and they said no it's for the Open! It's going to play easy this week because will be soft but it will be a nightmarish Open setup.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Got to go with DJ. He just obliterated the euros in Saudi Arabia, plus he's playing with the "great one" so some of that greatness is sure to rub off. I do like Day and Spieth here too! It's a good field to be sure. I will be rooting hard for Stallings too, he's played well here in the past couple years and is a former TTU alumni! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DannyDips said:

Got to go with DJ. He just obliterated the euros in Saudi Arabia, plus he's playing with the "great one" so some of that greatness is sure to rub off. I do like Day and Spieth here too! It's a good field to be sure. I will be rooting hard for Stallings too, he's played well here in the past couple years and is a former TTU alumni! 

Who's that?

7 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Who's that?

The "Great One" is Wayne Gretzky.  His Pro-am partner. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DannyDips said:

Thanks, had to google him 🙄

Tony Finau is LOOOOOOOOONG overdue for a win.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, GSwag said:

Tony Finau is LOOOOOOOOONG overdue for a win.

Yes he is.  I'd be happy with the winner from a Tony/Ernie final group on Sunday.

Just heard Nick Faldo reference MyGolfSpy's report on whether to take the flagstick out or leave it in.

Methinks Sir Nick lurks here a bit.

• Like 6

My least favorite tournament of the year.  Nothing makes golf feel like an elitist sport watching a bunch of CEOs pay to play golf with a bunch of professional golfers

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jlukes said:

My least favorite tournament of the year.  Nothing makes golf feel like an elitist sport watching a bunch of CEOs pay to play golf with a bunch of professional golfers

Thus the joy of the PGA Tour Live/NBC Gold/whatever they're calling it this year. At least in this format, the amateur partners are close to invisible. It's honestly had to tell a difference between this and any other event.

I’m kind of feeling the same way. Be so much better if they’d pick real am’s. Obviously sponsor money pays for this one, and donations.

Love the views though. And the Sunday round.
  • Like 1

Not a fan of this event because of those playing with the Pro's and especially Bill Murray - he's so the 70's. However, like Shankster I love the views and love that I can watch golf vs. A rerun.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Also his father-in-law.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy