Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

P790 lofts

Tiewebbgolf

Hi,

im new to the forum so if this topic has already been discussed apologies in advance.

i play p790 but have issue with the spin and distance (to far, big gaps), I’ve had them bent to traditional lofts 7i 34* and so on but don’t know for sure if this has affected CG or something as don’t seem to hit them as solid now🤷🏻‍♂️, I know I’ve altered the bounce by a few degrees not sure if that could be issue. If anyone has tried the same or similar I would appreciate any feedback 

thanks 

Hi,
im new to the forum so if this topic has already been discussed apologies in advance.
i play p790 but have issue with the spin and distance (to far, big gaps), I’ve had them bent to traditional lofts 7i 34* and so on but don’t know for sure if this has affected CG or something as don’t seem to hit them as solid now, I know I’ve altered the bounce by a few degrees not sure if that could be issue. If anyone has tried the same or similar I would appreciate any feedback 
thanks 
You had them bent from 30.5 to 34?? A move that big I would say yes there's a very real chance that the playing characteristics have changed. Not only the bounce but the lie angles may have shifted in a bend that aggressive. Honestly I'm amazed that anyone would bend them that much and am concerned that the warranty may have been voided by this. Did you bend the entire set this much?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

One thing to remember, every degree you bend the loft you increase or decrease the sole bounce. Increase loft equals regressive bounce, decrease equals negitive bounce. I'm not sure who bent your clubs 4* but I wouldn't go back there. 2* is OK, 4* could damage the hosel. I'd work with different shafts to achieve your desired ball flight. Maybe 1 or 2* increase, decrease always leads to a dig sole. 

On 2/9/2019 at 12:39 AM, Tiewebbgolf said:

Hi,

i play p790 but have issue with the spin and distance (to far, big gaps), I’ve had them bent to traditional lofts 7i 34* and so on but don’t know for sure if this has affected CG or something as don’t seem to hit them as solid now🤷🏻‍♂️, I know I’ve altered the bounce by a few degrees not sure if that could be issue. If anyone has tried the same or similar I would appreciate any feedback 

thanks 

Not a lot of details, but why not just play less club and fill the distance gaps.    Like others,  you changed the playing characteristics of the clubs so strike probably does feel different.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Archived