Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

PXG Gen 2 X Driver

goaliewales14

Hello Spies!  This weekend I had the opportunity to attend a PXG fitting event and hit the new Gen 2 X driver.  My first thought after hitting that driver was WOW!  This is the first time I've ever hit a PXG driver, and it didn't disappoint.  With 2019 being the year of the driver, I've been hitting every driver out there to see if there's one that can improve my game. 

The current leader for me has been the Titleist TS2 driver.  I was seeing ball speeds increase to 162 mph on 109 mph swing speed.  Dispersion was extremely tight and total distance was right around 300 yards.  This was until I hit the PXG...sorry, but I'm going to steal Bob Parsons' famous saying, "Ka Boom Baby!" 

I thought the commercials were a bit over the top to say the least, but that was until I hit the driver.  They have been advertising nothing, but speed on their Instagram.  Showing all their tour sponsors in racing helmets, and I now understand why.  At one point I saw a ball speed of 167 mph!!!  We were hitting of Trackman for both the TS2 and the PXG.  The lowest ball speeds I saw were still beat out the TS2 at 163 mph.  I figured with those speeds that there was no way that it would be consistent, but again I was proven wrong.  At one point I had 3 drives directly on top of one another.  The distances between my farthest left and right drives were way inside my Ping G LST.  

I'm still waiting to hit the new G410, but even Ping has its work cut out on this one.  Once I am able to hit it, I'm going to talk to the PXG rep and do one more hit before I buy my new driver.  I want to put my top 3 head-to-head-to-head in a final showdown if you will.  Right now that final 3 is looking like the order going into that is:

1) PXG Gen 2 X

2) Titleist TS2

3) Ping G400 LST

We'll see if the G410 can punch it's ticket to the finals and knock off the new top seed!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

6 hours ago, jlukes said:

Thank Jlukes!  I just posted in that thread.  I'll see if I can take this one down.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

• 4 weeks later...

I have still seen my best results in the TM M6. ...though i dont swing 110mph haha.  Obviously we have all will see different results suited for our games. Getting fit by the Brand expert can improve your results for sure. Finding the exact shaft to match your swing is ideal.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

Archived