Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Is there such a bag or is it a unicorn?

perseveringgolfer

Been looking at the bag posts and some have what I want but most don't- what suits one person doesnt suit another and so on.

Plus I have bigger grips and getting clubs in and out is a hassle and the grip tops get damaged easily.

Heres what I would really like on a bag, does this currently exist? if not why not....I'm looking at you bag companies🙄

Must be easy to carry and legs that fold away well when on a push trolley.

Sit well on a push cart.

Have more than 4 sections but not 14 sections and roomy enough to minimise club tangle at the grip end.

Waterproof or water resistant.

Valuables pocket.

Insulated pocket.

Place to put your brolly when on a cart that makes it easy to get to.

Separate putter slot that can be used when on a cart or trolly.

Sensible pockets arrangement.

Rainhood that's easy to put on and off.

I think I'm asking too much but surely if they researched golfers they would see a bag like this would be a winner, in my eyes anyway.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

4 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

I have bigger grips and getting clubs in and out is a hassle and the grip tops get damaged easily

I'm dealing with the same issue on my 5 yr. old Sun Mountain bag. All of my clubs have large grips and the Putter has an oversized  Superstroke grip. In order to remove the putter without damaging the inside lining, I have to make sure there's nothing in the front pocks (use to keep my golf balls there). Also wish there was a cushioned bottom inside the bag so the tops of the grips don't get worn down. . . 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

16 minutes ago, GSwag said:

https://vesselbags.com

I suppose you can get whatever you want as long as money is not an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

even they dont cover half of what I'm looking for.

Yes if money was no object you could have a bag custom made for silly money. However, all I'm asking are basic common sense features that I'm sure nearly all golfers would welcome. First company to do all this in a good looking bag will get the sales, even if it's slightly higher than the average price for a Titleist/Callaway/SunMountain/Ping bag.....in my humble opinion of course.

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

same 'issues' as all the other bags🙄

Taylormade flextech 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

same 'issues' as all the other bags

The link wasn’t meant to show just one bag, so if you didn’t see the others, there are a couple more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did you look at Titleist bags?

6 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Did you look at Titleist bags?

Titleist would be my bag of choice but same 'issues'. They tweeted about a tour carry bag due out soon, so maybe that will be a good option.

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Taylormade flextech 

Thats looks good and getting closer. I don't think my wish list is out there...........yet

13 minutes ago, PMookie said:

The link wasn’t meant to show just one bag, so if you didn’t see the others, there are a couple more.

Thanks, checked them out also but still just the same as everyone else I'm afraid. Thanks anyway.

I loved the individual club dividers on my cart bags.  Every time I returned a club, I could see immediately that none were missing.

That was also an excuse to carry fifteen clubs in a fifteen slot cart bag.  Call it a character flaw if you like.

I've never owned a stand bag.  By the time they became popular, I was pretty much riding all the time.  When I played the little par three course on Route 114 that I very much enjoyed, I did find it easy to walk, right up to the end--but I used an old-fashioned pull cart and my regular cart bag rather than a carry bag of any kind.

I think Belding will make you a bag from scratch, pretty much anyway you want,  but bring $$$.

Often overlooked but Burton makes a really solid product.

http://burtongolf.com/product/csx-stand-bag/

Silicone spray works for waterproofing nylon material, so don’t let that particular feature need paint you into a corner.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

9 hours ago, downlowkey said:

Often overlooked but Burton makes a really solid product.

http://burtongolf.com/product/csx-stand-bag/

Silicone spray works for waterproofing nylon material, so don’t let that particular feature need paint you into a corner.

it doesn't. If I can get the other features I'll negate the waterproof part (I just won't play in the rain 😏)

On 2/10/2019 at 6:30 AM, perseveringgolfer said:

Been looking at the bag posts and some have what I want but most don't- what suits one person doesnt suit another and so on.

Plus I have bigger grips and getting clubs in and out is a hassle and the grip tops get damaged easily.

Heres what I would really like on a bag, does this currently exist? if not why not....I'm looking at you bag companies🙄

Must be easy to carry and legs that fold away well when on a push trolley.

Sit well on a push cart.

Have more than 4 sections but not 14 sections and roomy enough to minimise club tangle at the grip end.

Waterproof or water resistant.

Valuables pocket.

Insulated pocket.

Place to put your brolly when on a cart that makes it easy to get to.

Separate putter slot that can be used when on a cart or trolly.

Sensible pockets arrangement.

Rainhood that's easy to put on and off.

I think I'm asking too much but surely if they researched golfers they would see a bag like this would be a winner, in my eyes anyway.

I think you have just described unobtainium 😄.  My Sun Mountain was as close to getting all my wants in a bag (similar list); less the insulated pocket and the kickstand actuator not deploying when on a cart (I just uncouple the steel rod). I too like the individual slots as it keeps thing neat and indicates a missing club.  I could see where those fat putter grips could be problematic.  Lots of options out there, I'm sure you'll find one that gets close to perfect.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

16 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

it doesn't. If I can get the other features I'll negate the waterproof part (I just won't play in the rain 😏)

It’s not the one outlined on the back of the can but there is an effective process for using silicone spray to make nylon hydrophobic. The key involves setting the silicone using heat after it has been applied. But you seem convinced otherwise so I’ll just leave it at that.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

This bag company met all of my must haves, specifically quiet bag tech without a flimsy mechanical club grab. They have carry bags too.

Check my signature for a review.

http://benningtongolf.com

Edit - it looks like the carry bags don't really have the quiet tech. After years of stand bags I don't miss them however as I only trolley or ride.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Archived