Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Genesis Open

Shankster

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh sure, thanks CBS.  Take me 9/10th's of the way there and then adios 🤬.  Thank goodness for PGA Tour radio.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

You may have spoke to soon.... That was one fast putt

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Listening on radio adds an additional level of suspense. Nice back n' forth between the boy's from Kentucky.  Anything can (and does) happen - hold on for the finish at 18.

Justin's thermostat must be ready to explode.   Now it's JB's to lose...wow.

He should have had that putt on 17!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I was pulling for JT, but one has too give credit to JB Holmes.  He really kept things together when they could have easily come apart.  Congratulations Popeye.

Hmm. Not sure what to think about that one.

Congrats to JB on a long overdue win. Just speed it up a little next round dude... you slow.

He’ll never be accused of playing to fast that’s for sure. I do wish he’d pick up the pace though. They commented on his slow play several times.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

He’ll never be accused of playing to fast that’s for sure. I do wish he’d pick up the pace though. They commented on his slow play several times.

Honestly it’s really bad. I remember last year at the tournament Day won. It took him around 5 minutes. Should be penalized.

I was listening to it on the radio and it was about 4 seconds after JB hit that JT swung. Must be part of his strategy to slow down the guys that play quick.

I am sure he is a good dude, but man, I could have driven to an open golf course during their final round....

Spieth shoots 81... -9 to +1.  Great job!!
Now get ready for WGC.

He has one blow up round a week. Not shocking after the “shank” on number 2.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Honestly it’s really bad. I remember last year at the tournament Day won. It took him around 5 minutes. Should be penalized.

I was listening to it on the radio and it was about 4 seconds after JB hit that JT swung. Must be part of his strategy to slow down the guys that play quick.

I am sure he is a good dude, but man, I could have driven to an open golf course during their final round....

You would need a calendar to time JB and Na if they were paired together. Add Bryson and it would be worse.

WITB 2024

That would be miserable...

Like a 10:30 tee time at my club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

I don’t think it’s a strategy thing. He plays that slow if he’s last place. It’s like he waits until it’s his turn to even start talking with his caddie about what to do. DO that BEFORE it’s your turn!!! Another one is waiting to look at his slope book until it’s his turn. Obviously I’m a fan, I mean he grew up only five minutes from me and is only 5 years older. He played in my clubs invitational every year, and won it every year. Some of the ones he played with said he was that slow back then. There has to be a shot clock or we’ll talk about this from now on.

CobraConnectChallenge3

I couldn't stay awake for the end- I believe JB Holmes took over Five and a half hours for his round 🙄

Was that due to the groups in front or was it just him? if it was just him there needs to be consequences for playing at the speed of tectonic plates or it will become the acceptable norm. No wonder I fell asleep😴

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I couldn't stay awake for the end- I believe JB Holmes took over Five and a half hours for his round 

Was that due to the groups in front or was it just him? if it was just him there needs to be consequences for playing at the speed of tectonic plates or it will become the acceptable norm. No wonder I fell asleep

Not sure. I know JT defender his slow play last year when he took 4 minute and some change to figure out what shot to hit, and ended up laying up anyways.

I bet his tune is a bit different, after falling victim to it. Adam will probably have something to say about it too. The great news is, JB qualified for the WGC, so they’ll get another taste in back to back weeks.

* JB not playing in the WGC

2 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

I couldn't stay awake for the end- I believe JB Holmes took over Five and a half hours for his round 🙄

Was that due to the groups in front or was it just him? if it was just him there needs to be consequences for playing at the speed of tectonic plates or it will become the acceptable norm. No wonder I fell asleep😴

I didn't get to watch the end either, but read about JB's slow play this morning. He was also called out by the broadcast team at one point for failing to do any green reading prior to his turn - as in he did the full walk around and pre-shot routine only after JT had finished putting on one particular hole (which I did see in real-time). I don't dislike JB, but I'm not a particular fan either and think it was unfortunate that JT's putter went cold once the wind picked up. That seemed to be a major issue for Tiger as well - that and fatigue. All things considered, the tournament was decently entertaining though difficult to follow at times due to all the delays and multiple rounds being played almost every day. I could only imagine how troubling it might have been for any casual golf fans or newbies that happened to tune in.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

What a grueling Sunday for these guys - after crappy weather all week and a long Saturday these guys started play at 6;45. A long Sunday for them - they all looked worn out in the interviews.  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

I watched.  The second to last group was Tony Finau, Michael Thompson and Patrick Rodgers.  They finished quite a ways ahead of the final group.  In my opinion, JB slow-played JT into near submission.  It was a huge topic of discussion for the last 3 hours of the tournament last night on Twitter.  Several Tour guys and some very well known golf journalists were going back and forth about it being JB's strategy.  

If it was his strategy to slow play JT, it worked.  I've never seen JT fall apart like that.

11 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I watched.  The second to last group was Tony Finau, Michael Thompson and Patrick Rodgers.  They finished quite a ways ahead of the final group.  In my opinion, JB slow-played JT into near submission.  It was a huge topic of discussion for the last 3 hours of the tournament last night on Twitter.  Several Tour guys and some very well known golf journalists were going back and forth about it being JB's strategy.  

If it was his strategy to slow play JT, it worked.  I've never seen JT fall apart like that.

I thought about that as well - if JB's slow play was intentional. The Tour and/or the sponsors seriously need to take action against offenders if that is really going on. It's completely unacceptable - almost cheating - to do that to fellow players.

In response to @tony@CIC, the broadcast team mentioned during featured group coverage on PGA Tour Live that Tiger was up at 1:30AM in preparation for the final round. OUCH!!!

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

7 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

I thought about that as well - if JB's slow play was intentional. The Tour and/or the sponsors seriously need to take action against offenders if that is really going on. It's completely unacceptable - almost cheating - to do that to fellow players.

In response to @tony@CIC, the broadcast team mentioned during featured group coverage on PGA Tour Live that Tiger was up at 1:30AM in preparation for the final round. OUCH!!!

When Balionis was interviewing him Sunday. He said he was going to enjoy Monday. He looked wiped out. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, TR1PTIK said:

The Tour takes its directives from the Player Advisory Council.  If the players wanted to eliminate slow play, they have absolute power to do so.  An interesting caveat, if sponsorship and television partners were to put the hammer down, slow play would change.  I'm listening to a podcast right now talking about Fred Ridley and The Masters getting the ball rolling on making that happen.

3 minutes ago, sixcat said:

The Tour takes its directives from the Player Advisory Council.  If the players wanted to eliminate slow play, they have absolute power to do so.  An interesting caveat, if sponsorship and television partners were to put the hammer down, slow play would change.  I'm listening to a podcast right now talking about Fred Ridley and The Masters getting the ball rolling on making that happen.

Sponsorships and media aren’t going to complain because they are getting their money’s worth. If the tv coverage were to get cut back that’s lost money for the tour and the advertisers and media 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Archived