Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Shankster

PING S55

IMG_4869.JPG

Are these the best model ever made by PING? So many staffers still have them in the bag. I saw Bernhard Langer with some in the bag last year.

Anyone game these creatures?

What’s the big deal vs the iBlade? Will we see a S54 or an iBlade 2.0?

• Like 2

I have a search for these saved on my eBay account. Yet to pull the trigger on a set. So nice, yet I think I still prefer the anser forged. 

I remember seeing something with bubba and he still used them because he found the iblade too hot and the s55 had more consistent feel and distance. Says a lot for how well those irons were made. 

• Like 1

They are the best ping has made. 

Great club, maybe top 3. I’d still say the Eye2+ was their best iron ever made.

IMG_3130.GIF

I would have had these in the bag a few years ago, but Ping’s PUD price was weird. I wanted C-Tapers and that put the PUD percentage way down. I ended up very happy with the first generation Callaway Apex Pros, but I could throw blankets over the shots with the S55. Happy Hunting!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I haven't played them. But a member of our staff has them and has no intention of looking at anything else.   And he kills them with a nice high draw. C

I had them in my bag for over 3 years. They were great feeling and performed well for me....but you certainly have to be a good ball striker for them. I moved on from them because I wasn't striking the ball as I had in prior years. Beautiful looking. Sound was great. Just a wonderful club from ping. 

• Like 1