Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×

Eric - PA

Zero Restriction pants and jacket (old pro-am gift)

Worst/craziest conditions were during the Old Course at St. Andrews.  In and out of rain gear 3 times including heavy rain on the first tee and sideways rain in our faces on the Road Hole.

Steve from saratoga, ny

Currently use zero restriction rain gear - waterproof pants, jacket, and short sleeve jacket. The problem with ZR is that it feels like you’re wearing a plastic bag. Also, ZR gets saturated very quickly, which makes it useless. I have played in every severe weather condition imaginable working as a bag boy and caddy at a golf resort during high school and college. 

Name: Donald D- Orlando

Current Raingear: None- I actually don't wear pants. I do have a little fuzz on my tail, but that's more for directional control than warmth

Worst rain I've ever played in: I don't really golf in the rain, but do spend a lot of time in ponds. I really just want these to keep my buns warm Donald's_Golf_Game.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Matt - RI

FootJoy - Older and Oversized

Worst rain I ever played in?  I remember I had an old pair of Dexter Golf Shoes (yeah that long ago) that were filled with water - I ended up taking them off on one hole and playing in Barefoot.  Only positive to that day was that it was at least warm out.   Now a days I cringe when it is going to rain because my rainsuit is older, uncomfortable, hot and oversized and I really don't want to have to wear it.  Most days I will end up not using it and resort to getting soaked.  

1. First name/home state or province: Mike, Vancouver, Wa
2. Current rain gear: Nike Storm-fit Top and bottom
3. Worst rain you've ever played in: Imagine your hovering over your ball while the rain is falling so hard its comparable to launching through the space time continuum, or a night drive in heavy snow fall, but you've locked in your confidence, woooooffff your umbrella gets ripped off your click gear and is trying to qualify for the Olympics flipping 3 ways to Sunday. You retrieve it, setup and spray the ball right. and your buddy suggests getting a beer and a rain check.

Mike / Ontario

Sunice jacket & bucket hat / Zero Restriction gore-tex pants / Footjoy rain gloves

Worst rain I ever played in?  It resulted in the 7th fairway on our course looking like the attached photo.  There is no water on this hole.

I've got a golf trip to Ireland coming up in April... I think this would make for a great opportunity for testing some new rain gear!

20150814_125423.jpg

Paul / GA, USA

Nike Rain Pants + FJ short sleeve 1/4 zip top

Jekyll Island 2016, annual golf week  with family members...Waited all year for the event, first day the skies opened and wind cranked up.  We still played and it became one of the more memorable days.