Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×

Rob, Nebraska

Currently use Frog Toggs rain pants and jacket

I'm a high school golf coach so I have coached in lots of bad weather, but actual play was last October in a 4 man scramble, constant drizzle and about 45 degrees, which was bad enough to make it miserable, but not bad enough to make us want to quit!

Robert from the Oregon Coast

Nike Storm-Fit

Played Bandon Dunes this January  back none winds 25, gusts to 45 and sideways rain.  And here on the Oregon Coast playing in the rain is normal.

Mike, New York

Zero Restriction Rain Gear

Golf Tourney in Jacksonville ,Florida with 30 MPH winds and rain coming sideways. I felt so bulky in this 5 1/2 hour rain. I am looking for a new technology in Golf Rain-ware by staying dry with full swing capacity!

1. Clayton Houston, Texas
2. Footjoy and Adidas water/wind proof vests
3. Worst rain I have ever played in was in Kinder, Louisiana during our bi-annual "Ryder Cup" event. It rained multiple inches each day and was in the mid-50s. Eventually our event was stopped a day short and we had to head home, cold and wet. 

1. John, Mass
2. Marmot jacket + pants
3. Started a quick 9 with some light misting. Was with some cousins and we made a bit out of it, finishing the last 4 holes in a downpour.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFqmnr7etjdmNqFJ-eu3hAXZVW_YN8vBH2CKtEEUtpB2RVxTdS

Edited by Angry Yeti

Jasper, Virginia

Puma jacket, Under Armour pants and Footjoy rain gloves.

It was raining so hard one day and we decided to keep playing, this was before I started using rain gloves. We came up on a 185 yard up hill par 3, my club ended up going farther than the ball and landed in the creek. We kept playing...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

steve. washington state.

currently use sun mountain pants, nike jacket.

worst rain ever was a tournament at manzanita on the oregon coast. may as well have been in the shower. would havd been better to have been naked wearing spikes than doing battle with the elements AND the rain gear....

Tom / Texas

sunice TYPHOON pants - Lilac 1/4 zip pull over w removable sleeves

Played in a March MGA tourney that started with cold lite rain and then came the torental down pour then turned to sleet, no lightning so we pushed on till we finally got some sense to cancel the event for the day. It was a cold, windy miserable day. I was dry for a while but the elements eventually won! 

Bill, Ohio

Sunice Typhoon Lined Jacket, Sunice unlined pants

Played through driving rain in Ireland that would have driven players to the clubhouse at most courses here in the US, but it was just a normal event for the Irish. The worst dump that I ever played through actually was a 3" dump that was ahead of a line of storms that spawned tornadoes here in Ohio and Indiana a few years back.

Robert, Derbyshire UK

play in Galvin Green waterproofs 

worst rain was this winter in Matlock one of the highest courses in England. It rained for 18 holes blew a gale and when we got back to the house the pro said the course was closed— no wonder we had seen no-one. My trousers underneath my waterproofs were wet through I had to buy some more to sit in the bar for a drink.

I was just talking to someone that bought a pair of pants from Galaway Bay and was raving about them during a night out at Top Golf when it was only 12*. I've been looking for new rain gear for a few years no, but haven't found anything that made me want to pull the trigger. I think the closest was the Mizuno Impermalite F20 a friend has, but they aren't sold here in the states unfortunately. Would love to give this a go in the rain and cold and snow here in the Midwest. 

1. Derek - Illinois
2. Current rain gear - Gortex from 15+ years ago. Certainly worn. Bulky,  but warm. Jacket is almost impossible to play in.
3. Worst rain you've ever played in: The worst rain I ever played in was during a league round. No lightning, but the rain was coming down in sheets. We only played 2 more holes as the greens and everything else flooded....not to mention holding onto the clubs was almost impossible. Besides that, I've played in plenty of steady, soaking rains. 

Thanks for the opportunity! 

Michael, Florida in winter - Michigan in summer
2. DryJoys by FootJoys (heavy) and Page & Tuttle (light weight)
3. A Florida summer massive downpour. Second was a Michigan early spring, biting and cold 20+ mph rain/sleet storm. 

Larry Florida

Under Armour Storm (jacket and pants)

Buddies golf trip to Akron area in April a few years ago - rained entire 4 days ... and cold. Played 36 holes each day despite rain, including an awesome round at Firestone. Would have been nice to have some other rain clothes options ... after 2nd day nothing was dry!