Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×

Dan from southeast Texas. Currently wear Antiqua with gortex fabric and a soft silk-like lining. You havn't seen rain until you've lived in southeast Texas. Not Harvey but before perhaps three years ago. The downpour and wind was so hard that holding a large umprella was senseless. I gave up and was totally soaked head to toe. When the frogs start swimming out of the cups, you know it's time to go home.

Nate, Western New York

No Name Packable Rain Poncho

Being in Buffalo I play in Rain, Sleet, and Snow. Attached is just one of the recent rain storms that we played in. I am always happy to write a thorough and honest review and I love answering questions from others.

Jared Gamble - Bay Area, California

Nike storm gear

16 1/2 holes at pine mountain lake.  So wet that I wrapped a golf towel around my wet grips to swing each time.  On the 17th green putting when lightning struck a tree on the 16th hole.  Very loud and a very big flash.  I did not get to finish.

Trey in Alabama

Zero Restriction jacket and discount website brand pants.

To be honest, I won't play in any rain other than a mist. I guess I dont trust my rain gear to actually keep me dry.

George from MN

I have a footjoy jacket and foster pants

Playing in a men club golf tournament rain the whole round. Was light rain then rivers down the fairways. Then lighter rain, we completed all 18. I still wonder why? 

First name/home state or province: 

John / Maryland

Current rain gear: 

Proquip stormFORCE PX6 Pro jacket & pants

Worst rain you've ever played in:

While on a golf trip in Williamsburg, VA played 3 rounds, over 2 days in a torrential downpour at Golden Horseshoe and Ford's Colony (Blackheath). 

Side note: After using chain store and mega-company rain gear, I purchased the Proquip rain suit as direct result of that trip/experience after reading the 2017 rain gear reviews on this site. It was the most complete and comprehensive review available on the web and I'd be glad to repay that favor to the next person that's looking. Thanks. 

Sean from PA

I have Snake Eyes rain gear. Yeah, not really good stuff.

Worst rain story: Playing in an amateur tournament and started the day in a steady drizzle. I was sure we would be pulled off the course before we finished nine holes. Then the wind picked up a bit after the third hole. So the umbrella got out away. My goal was to make it through nine. By the 8th hole, the rain was seeping through the rain gear, both of the towels were soaked, and I gave up on trying to dry off the ball. At the turn, the joke was that the "heavy stuff won't be arriving for a while" and the it did. My target on the back nine became miss the pooled water on the greens. And I was sure someone would pull us off the course soon. But they didn't. We finished 18 holes, in over 5 hours. When we arrived at the 18th green,  the tournament director was stressed about my score and what would happen if we ended the round tied. I said some rude words, make the par and won by one stroke. I think my shoes dried out a week later. Long story short, I got soaked and need new gear.

1. Charles/Illinois
2. I have a QOR Pullover with hood and sealed seams. An ORORO Heated vest and a pair of Walter Hagen plastic pants from Dick's. The QRO is made with a breathable fabric but if it's over 60° when playing I wear a light rain resistant pullover with no hood. It gets tough playing in northern Illinois in the spring but I'm geared for the cold wet days and manage pretty well. I haven't missed a month playing since 2015. 
3. I started playing at Chick Evans at 10 AM and at 10:30 the drizzle started. It was 45° outside and the rain stayed steady till the back nine and then increased from an annoying drizzle to a steady heavy cold rain. by the 15th my rain jacket (not what I have now) the top to the Walter Hagen set I got for $30 at Dick's had given up and I was soaked. But now it was about finishing and I wasn't going to quit after 15 holes. Soaking wet I finished and went straight home to a hot shower and liquid refreshment. 
They ask me why do you play in the rain like that? The answer? The greens really hold well when it's that wet out.  

Calvin, South Carolina

LL Bean jacket I bought at a discount LL Bean store in Maine. Pretty disappointed with it overall. 

I’ve played in the last 3 tropical storms that have passed through and just expect to get wet and blame my score on the wind. Plus, all the local courses shut down and create the most incredible guys day out on the course at no charge at all (since there can be no staff due to mandatory road shut downs). Biggest kept secret in coastal, SC. Ha! 

Jacob - Iowa

Island Green pants and jacket

Played until play was cancelled in a hailstorm at a tourney a couple years back, worst all day was a full 18 where it rained steady  (not a downpour) until we got off the 16th green. Only one on the course all day haha

Corey Traverse

Newfoundland, Canada 

look up NL, it rains from April 1- July 1. And again from Sept 1- Nov 1.  Should be easy to test here. I’ve played in rain, snow and sleet.  

Jeremie in Nebraska

Currently only have a pair of rain pants 2 sizes too big as that is all they had in the clubhouse on a drizzly day.  No golf jacket.

Worse playing conditions were last summer, scramble in pouring rain.  Got thru 15 holes before they called it and i spent the afternoon ringing out my clothes.

Eric-Wisconsin 

Zero Restriction GoreTex

Whistling Straits in a monsoon. Heading to Bandon Dunes in 3 weeks. I am sure we will see some rain