Doug, California

Snake Eyes

last year in October, while the wife was at a work convention, I played at a Muni in Riverside, and it poured on and off the whole day. Similarly, yesterday during a bass fishing tournament, it was an off and on affair. Truth be told, I’d wear the gear for both golf and fishing, as it’s very often very cold and wet in the mornings, and it would be great to have something flexible for fishing too...

11 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Joe, Ontario

Footjoy

Early spring tournament, raining and 20 m/h winds in 36 degree temperatures- happens quite often early and late in seasons around here.

1. Brian / Washington State
2. FootJoy
3. I live in Seattle so most of my golf is played in the rain.

Kevin "scratch" kelly  

Play Zero and Footjoy 

Ironically I will be in the Galway area with my son who lives there ,for golf  and a dad visit, in October .  Worst ever round was the Royal Portrush In a USA club vs n Ireland club match.  It was 38-42 degrees , torrential rain ( like our hurricane rain in North Carolina ) combined with winds steady at 20-25   Gusting to 45 plus.  We decided to finish round because we we're headed back the next day. On one hole with a 125 yard shot we had to aim 50 yards right of green to end up in bunkers on left side! It would got another 100 yards down a hill if you missed the bunkers.  Not one shot remained on green .   16 single digit handicaps , thankfully playing match play,  so not many kept a score but I did.  As a plus 1 at the time I was 23 over par when I closed out my match 4/3!  Swore that night over a single malt that I'd never play cold, windy or rain at same time again!  Will play any of them alone or two combined but never the three!  All of a sudden marathons and cricket looked favorable!  Btw many of us bought an additional rain gear set at the turn at their awesome pro Shoppe.  None of the gear lasted more than 3-4 holes before saturation and uselessness! 

Rory, British Columbia 

Footjoy pants & jacket

Worst rain I played in was at  Pacific Dunes in heavy rain with gusting winds, but to play in Vancouver in the fall & winter you know 50% of the days could be rain

1. Stump
2. Sun Mountain Monsoon
3. Worst? While we were deployed to Guam, a typhoon skirted the island so we thought it would be a good idea to go out and play in it. What a dumb idea. The rain was coming straight down, sideways and straight up...all at the same time! Realistically for me the worst rain is the kind that comes and goes. You have a choice, put the gear on when it's raining then take it off when it stops...which is a pain. Or you can put it on and leave it on...which can be a pain if the pants aren't that good.

Brian Aberdeenshire, Scotland 

Sunderland jacket and trousers 

In  North East Scotland, there are too many wet and  windy days to choose from! 30 mph winds and driving rain forming rivers running down 9th fairway at Newburgh, obe of the worst. 

1. Lee / CA
2. UA Storm Rain
3. Just yesterday at San Dimas where it hailed on us twice during the day and we had to walk all 18.

Ben/Missouri

Sun Mountain short and long sleeve rain jackets & rain pants.

Worst storm was a Boeing tournament in a hard, steady cold rain.

1. Chad & Nova Scotia

2. FootJoy Hydrolite

3. I live on the east Coast, so I have played in many full down pours!

1. Adam/WA (where it rains a a lot)
2. Nike Hyperadapt coat, Adidas Fall weight pants.
3. Skamania Lodge in the Columbia River gorge for a tournament. 42 degrees, 30 mph winds and pouring. I forgot my golf shoes, borrowed some from the pro shop (I wear size 12 all they had were 9.5).

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

12 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Brad, Delaware

Zero Restriction

Delaware Amateur finishing last 9 holes in a Hurricane.   Casual water EVERYWHERE, forget the umbrella, wind, soaked to the bone, squeegeeing the putting line and putting before the water filled in!

Brian from KY

I live in Kentucky, play year round, and I use both FJ and Zero Restriction rainwear. The worst rain I've played in was a downpour in 35 degree temperatures and 20 mph wind.

Tom, MN

John Daly brand

I played in 30 mph cross wind with rain coming sideways.  Was soaked after 3 holes. 

Josh from Tennessee

FootJoy Tour XP

Played in my clubs Presidents cup in torrential rain. Going to Bandon in Fenruary, so may need it there as well:)

—Cliff — Connecticut 

—FJ Short Sleeve Rain jacket 1/2 zip. Always have wanted rain pants but never made the purchase. 

—A member tournament with 9-hole matches in CT and got stuck in a driving rain. Upper was dry rain jacket. No rain pants had me drenched just wearing normal shorts. 

1. Brett/California
  2. Sun Mountain jacket, Zero Restriction pants
  3. The Golf Club at Newcastle while playing for the University of Washington golf team. We did not call the round even with hail, rain, and high winds...fun stuff!!!

1. First name/home state or province- Dave, Georgia
2. Current rain gear- An old windbreaker & pants from an old track suit 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in- Once played at Cacapon State Park in WV in the longest, hardest down pour I've ever been exposed to. My buddy and I were the only two people on course and putted through raging rivers on the greens. We actually stopped for lunch before going back out to finish the back 9, which infuriated the staff that they had to hang around just for my buddy & me.

Matt/ Mount Prospect, IL 

Foot Joy Dry Joy Short Sleeve and REI Pants 

North South Classic in October - 20+ mph winds and sheets of rain.