12 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

George /vancouver           we have alot of courses here but also alot of rain. Currently using a sunice jacket and no name pullover pants. 

Tom/Missouri 

Current rain gear: Forrester

Iowa - rain coming down sideways 

1. Lasse from Brooklyn, NY
2. I've had a couple of Gore-Tex jacket and pant combos over the years, both from Peak Performance, a Swedish sports apparel maker. Pretty good for waterproofness and looks but they don't breathe much in my experience.
3. I actually don't mind playing in rain (I won't let nature get between me and the teebox :) and I've had plenty of wet rounds. The worst was probably the one in Staten Island (Silver Lake Golf Course) last year where on most greens I would just move the ball across the green to avoid submerging the ball and after the first couple of holes I wouldn't putt all the way to the hole either because all the cups were flooding and the water was ice cold!

Scott/ Pennsylvania

footjoy

Myrtle Beach 1997 pouring rain for 6 straight hours, no rain gear. Finished all 18

1. Victor/Illinois
2. Cheap gear from Dick's Sporting goods 
3. Played at Oxmoor valley in Birmingham, Poured our first round, during our second 18, we had hail and torrential downpours.

John / Virginia

Have two sets of rain gear:  Snake Eyes and Forrester's.

Played in a local Lions Club tournament two years ago where only 3 of 30 foursomes finished due to torrential rain.

Dennis- Georgia

1/2 Foot Joy, 1/2 Columbia

Macon, GA, early 90's playing with 3 friends. Day started cold in the upper 30's then the wind started, then the rain and the temp continued to drop until the rain turned to snow. We  were on 18 when they finally blew the horn, but we finished with a little help from some Scotch.

Andrew Cavalieri

Rochester, NY 

Adidas Waterproof Jacket, Adidas Waterproof Rain Pants

Each year me and 7 friends do a Ryder cup style tournament.  Because it's difficult to coordinate schedules, when the dates are set....  dates are set.  This past October I was in the last match play group and needed to complete our round to determine a winner.  Around hole 10 it started to lightly rain.  By 16 it was a DOWNPOUR!  We were the only people on the golf course but had to finish to determine who won the "Whoville Cup".  Safe to say we were finishing / putting through massive puddles.  What a mess.

John California
Footjoy

I was playing in a golf tournament that "couldn't" be canceled. It rained nonstop for 2 hours. Some of the guys didn't have rain gear but played anyway. I felt relatively okay. I had my jacket, pants, hat. The umbrella was practically useless. 

Hello,

1. Jason - Alberta
2. Galvin Green Aldrin jacket and August pants - all Gore Tex
3. 2 degrees Celsius, driving rain/sleet with a wind of 25-45 Kph - brrrrrr.

Jason.

1. Kane/Hawaii
2. FootJoy 
3. Driving rain unexpected blown from ocean to land

Marc, Arkansas

Snake Eye

Final Round played in New Hampshire was a torrential rainstorm, lost a shoe in slop more than once.

Darrell/Pennsylvania
Mizuno ImpermaLite Rain Shell and Pant
2017 playing in a 4-ball tournament.  Rained sideways for the first 6 holes, then just rained steadily until the 18th.  By the time we putted, all rain had stopped.  We actually had the tourney luncheon outside in the sun. We ended up moving all the picnic tables into the sun.

Thanks for the opportunity.  This year I am actually looking to upgrade my rain gear, and this would be great!

Edited by datko
edit punctuation

Dave, Minnesota

Sun Mountain rain jacket and rain pants

A spring tournament in rain with temps in the low 40s

12 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Kyle/Nova Scotia

Stormtech

Northumberland Links  35mm of cold wet rain spring of 2005 Couldn't putt on the greens to much water

looks like some quality, high-end products....good luck fellow spies, unless we are testing snow suits, I gotta sit out of this one 🙂

Bill

Montana (Apr-Oct) / Arizona (Nov-Mar)

Just a cheapo plastic jacket with hood.

Montana Rocky Mountain T-storm's.

1. Ron/New Brunswick Canada
2. Footjoy Hydrolite
3. Living and playing in NB is a test for rain wear. Our season starts in late April or early May and we get plenty of rain until late June most years. The season extends into October which is usually cold and wet. At both ends of the season we get lots of rain and regular 'frost delays'. My worst rain experience was playing in the Year End scramble several years back - it went from steady rain to a torrential downpour. We finished the day despite flooded greens and rooster-tail putts. My Footjoy rainwear didn't cut it. A recent memorable trip to Scotland featured heavy rain on a wonderful course, Askernish, on the island of South Uist . The rain came down hard but didn't last long before the winds blew it away to reveal bright sunshine. The day was transcendent and the course was spectacular - a good example of having the appropriate equipment to save a great day of golf.

Askernish.jpg

Blair / Winnipeg, MB Canada

Standard Adidas (unlined) rain gear.

Has to be horizontal rain, I walk with a 4 wheel bag boy push cart. When its vertical rain the umbrella helps a bit but once the wind picks up and its a horizontal rain that umbrella is a joke. Up here in 1 day you can have rain, snow and then be wearing shorts for the last few holes.