Michael-Prescott, AZ

Zero Restriction

Spring in Colorado, 1 1/2”, approximately 4 hours.

Fred/Maine

Callaway Waterproof Full-Zip Jacket & Callaway Waterproof Pants.

Coastal downpour that turned into sleet and then snow. 

Brian, Georgia

Mizuno Impermalite

Torrential rains that flooded out Black Creek Mtn in Chattanooga, TN

Conor - Indiana

North face rain jacket and UA or Oakley all season pants.

Work event in a Chicago suburb in April. Every year this event seems to be a cold/rainy spring day. Cold, windy, pouring rain the first 9 holes and steady rain after. Rain out of towel to keep everything from clubs to grips to seats to hands dry. Would have been a great day to have a legit rain gear setup.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

1. Joshua, Buffalo NY
2. Under Armour Storm pants and Jacket
3. Played in a fall closing member member  year before last. 40’s and rained hard enough to make small rivers on the green. I was surprised they let us finish everything was so wet. I couldn’t have used some Galway Bay that time

Johnny from PA.

Current gear: Ray Cook

Lakeview GC in WV, rained for solid days with 10-15 mph winds.....

Dave / VA

Walter Hagan pants and a Greg Norman jacket.

Played the Norman Course at Lansdowne Resort a few years ago with temps in the mid-50s with cold, steady rain and a 4-5 club wind.  

Greg from Utah

Sunice pants and adidas 3/4 sleeve top

A few years a ago we got stuck in a storm so that was so bad that the carts would hydroplane when you would start to go. We were about a mile from the club house at Mountain Dell golf course and we were soaked to the bone. The rain came in sideways and up with a wind that made it impossible to see anything. We couldn’t do anything but hunker down in place until the storm passed. My sunice pants held up well for the first few minutes but soon I was dripping wet and freezing. I would love to test rain gear that claim to be actual pants. I never know what to wear when the weather is iffy and often forget to pack my rain gear in the spring. Thanks for your consideration! 

Casey, Washington (the rainy part of the state)

Sun Mountain Jacket, no name rain pants

Rain then sleet then back to rain over 18 holes

Matt from Austin. 

Footjoy pants and Galvin Green jacket. 

Scotish wind and rain. Aye laddie!

Othello Delrosario from Seattle

I have a couple, but my favorite is my Sun Mountain raingear.  Although even that wasn't able to keep me dry when when I used it in Chambers Bay golf course just this past year.

Mike - California 

FootJoy Hydrolite

Originally being from Central California I've played in everything from a downpour to Tule fog (which is like walking through a cold sauna for 4 hours). Wet is one thing, and cold is another, but when you're lucky enough to have both, with a little wind thrown in, it's a real treat. You are soaked head to toe and chilled to the bone when finished. So I'm very familiar with layering to the point of restriction. 

Keith/Minnesota

I currently wear Adidas rain pants and jacket. I also wear under armor rain gloves.

I coach high school golf in Minnesota. We play through some very brutal conditions.  Unless it is snow covered or lightning we play.  There is nothing worse than being wet and cold. Last season we played in the rain on a 38 degree day with a start time of 2:30 PM. I could not imagine being wet in that temperature.

12 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Steve/Illinois

Footjoy

Spent a week in Ireland with two rain suits, poured on us everyday and even though I alternated suits both were drenched by the end of the week.

1. Jonathan from California
2. Zero Restriction jacket, Under Armour rain pants
3. Torrential rain, 30 mph winds in Northern California wine country. The absolute only person on the course. 

Ben from Oregon. Nike storm fit jacket Sunice rain pants. If you don’t golf in the rain , then you don’t golf in Oregon, especially during the winter. It was raining sideways an it was so windy that wind caught me unbrella on my pushcart and rolled it about 50 yards. I finally quit when it started thunder and lightning.