Jay, Illinois

Secondhand Zero Restriction Gore-Tex set

I've played entire 4+ hour rounds in consistent rain and dozens of rounds where torrential downpours came in and wiped the course out for the rest of the day.  100 rounds per year in the Midwest will present plenty of opportunities for heavy precipitation 😂

Isaak/Illinois

Light Windbreaker

Constant downpour where we couldn't see the flag is it was more than 200 yards away

Eric / Kansas
FootJoy
#9 degrees and enough to accumulate 2 inches in 2 hours

Sean McGurk

Pennsylvania

Currently using Nike Storm Gear. 

Worst rain I ever played in was in Ireland at Doonbeg. It was cold, windy and raining sideways. Definitely could use better rain gear. 

Cole from Cary, North Carolina.

I currently use a few different selections from Peter Millar and Travis Mathew Pullovers, although not truly "rain gear." The rain season in North Carolina is truly year round and unpredictable, in stating such, I have played in rain so heavy they had to pull us from the course.  Playing in the rain in NC is nothing unusual, and therefore having the opportunity to test authentic rain gear would provide a great opportunity for myself and fellow golf enthusiasts that are always attempting to brave the storm.

Alec- Dallas, TX

Nike rain resistant jacket and standard golf pants. 

February 2018, I had committed to take a day off and play some golf on a random weekday. I had planned it out two weeks in advance for work sake. The day finally arrived, unfortunately it was 35 degrees, raining and miserable. Don’t forget, Texas winters bring NASTY 15-20mph wind. A normal human would’ve rescheduled, but I persisted on. Was it smart? No. Was it worth it? Hell no. Would it have been better with appropriate winter/rain gear? Most certainly. Texas winters are the perfect test for this gear. 🌧🥶

Derek Chow from Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada

Avid golfer, weekend warrior ( 8 hdcp)

I always golf in the rain with the exception of a thunderstorm. My wife only allows me to play one day each summer weekend so i am almost out there regardless.

I will golf in as cold as 5 degrees Celcius and as hot as mid 40s degrees Celcius. 

Right now, i have been using a footjoy rain shirtfor rainy summer days and for down pours, i use a Sunice gortex rain suit.

There are aome significant draw backs for both.

Footjoy rainshirt is not waterproof and is good only for a short period of time (on and off rain in the summer). When it's hot outside, it will stink along with sweat and require washing right after the round.

For my sunice Gortex suit, it's nor very breathable in the summer and it's good for fall time. In terms of swinging a club with it...sometimes the sleeves get in the way. I feel like i made an uninformed decision before buying it.

I'd love to try a golf rain suit out before buying one.

Mygolfspy..i hope i can test out the Galway Bay rainsuit and providean in depth review for the community. 

Husani Redding from Wisconsin

Under Armor rain jacket

Footjoy rain pants

Torrential downpours, where the cart might float away

Ken Seattle, WA

Current Gear - Bobby Jones Jacket and rain Pants

Bandon Dunes...Horizontal rain for 3 days with 20-40 mph winds.  Also...50 %  of the time at my home club in Seattle.  Play weekly October through April

13 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Patrick Virginia 

Footjoy

Heavy rain, sleet, even snow 

1. Nik / Washington State
2. Green Island waterproof pants, Mt. Hardware rain shell 
3. The Home Course in DuPont, WA last year this time of year - started with slight breeze thru 4, started to sprinkle on the 5th, poured on the 6th, had to retreat to the clubhouse on 7 due to lightning.  Resumed after an hour delay got thru to 15 when it just started to rain, then poured on 17, pushed thru to 18 when it started to snow but was able to finish up - made it to the 19th hole for a hot toddy!

1. Brandon- Dallas, Texas
2. Nike Repel Golf Pants with Nike HyperShield HyperAdapt Jacket
3. Tierra Verde in Arlington, TX. 45 degrees, 17mph wind, constant rain for 15 holes. Clears up on last 3 holes. 

1. Brennan/Virginia
2. Footjoy 
3. 30mph wind, raining sideways at Ballybunion 

13 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Nigel

South-East Ireland

Played in torrential rain several times, remember once in Carrick On Suir GC, several of our members losing their ball on the fairway due to the terrible rain destroying the course.

Holding onto the clubs was difficult that day, hands were numb with cold.

Current rain gear is Callaway, also bring it to soccer, rugby & hurling matches, has saved me from many a soaking.

Last year, attending several hurling matches in October, November, it is essential equipment when travelling.

Edited by IrishRed11
Forgot a piece of info

Alex/Illinois 

sun mountain/foot joy

worst rain- cold late October near Chicago rain began on hole fourteen while walking. Decent round going and had to finish. No one would admit it was uncomfortable. 

1. First name/home state or province :    Ed / Massachusetts
2. Current rain gear:    Three Galvin Green Jackets and One Galvin Green Rain Trousers
:    Living in New England,  I do my best to play year round including sub-freezing temps.   It also means I get caught in the unpredictable New England weather many times.   I don't mind playing in the rain at all and most recently got caught in a downpour at TPC Hartford.    Probably about 2-3 inches of heavy rain in a short amount of time.   The course called us in but we kept playing for an additional 5 holes.   Fairways, Greens and sand traps.   We really wanted to finish.   I love the Galvin Green gear,  but would also love to try the Galway Bay.   Especially for the "fitted" pants. 

Brian California
Adidas provisional Rain jacket rain Pant
2017 Encino golf course ranking round for the team that i coach for. Steady down pour the whole round.  But when golf season hits you have to play!