Galynne from Portland, OR 

Have some Sun Mountain, Puma, and Foot Joy gear but was actually reading other Galway Bay reviews cuz planning Scotland and then A Brandon Dunes trip. 

Worst weather was in High School... Our State Golf Championship was the days of rain coming down sideways at Three Rivers Golf Course, Kelso, WA... Just miserable. Kept plugging balls and making play so damned slow. 

Mike from Pennsylvania 

Never owned rain gear. Just always used my umbrella.

Worst rain I’ve played in was probably in high school. Got soaked and then they decided to suspend play.

1. Jeremy / Virginia

2. Walter Hagen jacket and pants

3. Worst rain I've played in is horizontal.  If there is no electricity in the air, we can play golf.

Kyle - Ohio

Zero Restriction Packable Jacket and Pants

Played in an Army/Navy Club benefit scramble where one of the par 3 greens flooded and had to be skipped because of 5 inches of rain

1. First name/home state or province

David - Seattle, Washington. 

2. Current rain gear 

FootJoy DryJoys Tour LTS jacket/pants

Sun mountain RainFlex (5 years old and too good to get rid of) 

3. Worst rain you've ever played in

Anything you can imagine the state of Washington throwing at us. My group and Meridian Valley CC has a game every week Weds - Sun no matter the weather. I have played Chambers in 70 mph winds, Rain gear definitely a must. 

41992FC4-C1F5-4E96-966E-9BA5385EA874.jpeg

13 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

2. Current rain gear 

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Mike/Michigan. Under Armour. 30mph winds and nasty cold rain. Not fun. Lol

Bob, Georgia

FJ pants, Callaway top (mix and match for the best fits.)

It was raining so hard my backup clothes even got wet!  Not quite, but 40 MPH wind was blowing the rain sideways and I was soaked from the feet to the top of my head. A warm shower never felt better!

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

2. Current rain gear 

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Myles, Liverpool

Nike Storm Tech

Every Winter round in the north of England.

Russell - Seattle WA

Under Armour 

I was lucky enough to play Torrey Pines SC and the rain was so bad that you could not even see the ocean on the iconic par 3. Got sunburnt on the back 9. Crazy

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

2. Current rain gear 

Good luck!

Jerry/NE Ohio

Adidas

1st weekend of May we go to Oglebay every year and we were the only 4some on the course. The rain was coming down sideways with very windy conditions. We were on vacation - nothing stops us from playing while on vacation!

Edited by Jerry Mazzoni
Misspelled word

Les from New Jersey.

Currently use Sun Mountain 3/4 sleeve rain jacket. No rain pants, put on too much weight for the ones I had.

Got caught in a summer storm a few years ago furthest point from the clubhouse. Thunder, lightning and torrential downpour. Had to hide in an extremely dense forest area to avoid the lightning. Didn't have rain gear with me, that will never happen again.

Myles, Liverpool

Nike Storm Tech

Every winter round in the north of England 

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Fj dry joy

We got caught sleek in august last year. Brutally cold and wet. Terrible conditions for 4 holes. Never warmed up for the remainder of the round

James from Ontario, Canada

Worst weather I have played in was a trip with my son to Minnesota. The rain was so bad we were literally, the only two people on the course, but we had driven 5 hours to play so play we did. 

Matthew,Florida

Currently only have a foot joy dry joy rain jacket

1-2 foot deep puddles at dubs dread golf course here in Orlando Florida, Terrible downpour, wish i would have had some rain pants! 

Robert 

Columbus, OH

Sunice Jacket and Nike StormFit Pants

18 holes of downpour mixed with sleet in a NCCGA golf tournament while in college

Lance Reese,   Texas 

Columbia 

Light rain,  nothing too bad but enough to make it miserable without any gear.