14 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Edited by Timbo_Coggs

Jackson from Georgia 

current gear: a tommy armour rain jacket from Dick’s 

high school golf tournament, 15 mph wind and 20 mph gusts, steady rain for 15 of 18 holes

Erik, Alberta

Old adidas rain pants (may be a misnomer - they seem to be water resistant, not waterproof)

Heavy rain and winds strong enough to make a 120 yard par three a 3 wood hole.

Barry/SE Pennsylvania

Reebok pants, variety of jackets/tops depending on temperature

Years ago playing in a company tournament outside San Diego, where it almost never rains.  No rain in the forecast, we got hammered soon after teeing off a shotgun start.  We had given out windshirts prior to teeing off, and everyone played until the turn and went in the clubhouse.  They were pretty dry up top, but drenched from the waist down.   

Bob, Pennsylvania 

Proquip Stormforce PX6

Worst rain experience; 2007 Bandon Trails. Downpour raining sideways.  

Mitchell from Toronto Ontario

Currently using a lulu lemon black rain jacket.

Played a greenskeepers revenge tournament in late October last year. Pouring and 4 degrees celsius outside. Wasn’t a happy camper!

Jeffrey / New York

Miss matched set of a no name jacket and pants

A nice sunny day on the first tee changed into big fat drops of rain by the 4th hole. Next thing I know, I’m standing in the middle of the fifth fairway trying to hit a shot through stinging sleet wearing a t-shirt and shorts. Needless to say, I didn’t finish that round.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

John from Washington State

Jacket: Nike hyperadapt stormfit

Pants: Nike storm-fit from around 2007 (black pants with the grey stripe down the side)

Worst rain: played the Home Course in Dupont, WA in winter of 2017. It was just warm enough to not be snowing, roughly 38 degrees, and it rained the entire round with a steady wind. The only exception was 16 when rain turned to hail for a few minutes. We were playing in a tournament, and the battle for prize money became more about outlasting the weather than posting a low number. I’ll be heading to Brandon in March, so we’ll see if I have a new “worst rain” story afterwards. 

14 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Arick sacramento Ca

footjoy rain paints Callaway jacket

monsoon in Dallas Texas. Took ten hours to play 23 holes. 

Howard 

South Carolina 

Zero Restriction

There are too many rainy days to pick out the worst rain I have played in.  Multiple times we have had to come off the course because the greens are under water.

1. Brian, Long Island, NY
2. Have gone through many brands but currently using FootJoy
3. Absolute torrential downpour. Some friends and I find it fun to play in the rain sometimes but staying dry is always a challenge.

Robert  / Ohio
2. under amour pants 
3. This year my home course in Ohio 

Matt- Olympia, WA 

FJ Tour XP, Sun Mountain Rainflex Pants

Coaching HS golf in western WA (spring) we had a "micro-burst" come through which was like a mini tornado/monsoon. Got kids off the course. 

Tyler Sweet, PGA

Port Ludlow, WA

Sun Mountain jacket and the pants

3 straigh tournament rounds of down poor, 20mph winds and below 40 temps.

San Francisco Harding Park  last week - cold, windy and rain coming from Alaska sideways - greens puddling and after 18  took off my Foot Joys pants and left them in a barrel outside the pro shop - Need new pants for this Sunday round - 

Chris D and I live in SF California.  Its usually cold here and theres a 3-4 month rainy season every year

I don't have rain pants and I usually pack a soft shell Mountain Hardwear rain jacket if there's rain in the forecast.  I wear my True Linkswear Outsider shoes since they're warm and waterproof

Worst rain I've ever played was probably at Kiawah.  Only had the one chance to play the course so we were going no matter what.  It was fifty degrees with thirty mile constant winds.  

Brenton, Manitoba
Sunice 
Heavy rain, had to move ball out of standing water on fairways and greens