14 minutes ago, Timbo_Coggs said:

1. Ron Pasini / Vancouver British Columbia Canada

2. FootJoy Jacket and Pants

3. 13 Hole which was the furthest from the Clubhouse and we got 2.5  inches of rain in 1 hour.

Bruce/Connecticut

Zero Restriction

Turnberry raining sideways blowing 30+ mph

1. Christopher / Washington State
2. Mishmash of Nike Pants and FJ top
3. Playing in the PNW, I have had the pure joy of playing golf in some 4" of rain days. I played Newcastle on a particularly wonderful spring day with a storm that moved in around the 4th hole. By the 7th hole the greens were shallow ponds and the cups were suitable for small fish. On the 14th the rangers actually pulled us in, we even tried the obligatory "I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff's going to come down for quite a while." quote on them to no avail. Still the only time a course actually pulled us off for a non lightning reason. 

John/ Washington 

Footjoy

in Seattle it rain frequently in the winter and spring,but the worst rain storm I played in was during  a fall round at True Blue in Myrtle Beach. It poured for two hours of our round..

Shane, Texas

Adidas ClimaStorm Jacket and Pants

I played 9 during Hurricane Harvey...we got 50"+ of rain over those few days. The course was closed but the pro turned a blind eye. 

Side note, I play a lot along the Texas gulf coast and Galveston has received 83" of rain since Sept 1...it rains almost every damn day. 

Luca - Seattle, WA

Some Nike pullover no Pants just sweats.

Come on it’s Seattle. Slight drizzle all day is typical.

Jason /Pennsylvania 

IXSPA packable rain gear

40th birthday trip to Myrtle beach in Oct 2015. Before there state of emergency I played and walked 2 rounds in conditions fit for a duck.  Drove 12 hours so I was playing.  First day weather was perfect then the storm turned right into us and just had to make the best of it. Spent the last 2 days basically stuck in the hotel room since all the roads were closed.  

14 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Paul . London United kingdom 

Footjoy tour pants . Under armour showeroroof jumper 

Worst rain .Hertfordshire mid am champs 36 holes in driving rain. I think it was 4 days until everything dry again 

Good Evening, 

1. Glynn Taylor

2. No Waterproof Bottoms as can never find any that fit well. Waterproof jacket is a packaway old galvin green (second hand) 

3. September 2018 in the Club Championships.....Day 1 was Beautiful sunshine , shorts and t-shirt weather, however, day 2 was pouring rain.....but still shorts weather as it was too warm. Wind and rain like I've never played in before...came 2nd on the day!! Remember it very well for obvious reasons!   

Andrew Oregon 

NIKE rain jacket, and snow pants

No such thing as bad rain with the proper gear. But up in the PNW the worst rain is the 33 degree down pours that we get to deal with every round.

Jim from IL

Etonic jacket/FootJoy rainpants

Tie for most terrible: 27 holes in Myrtle Beach in driving rain and 39 degrees. Lahinch in Ireland. Huge drops started slowly and rapidly built into a deluge. Came on so fast that we were soaked by the time our rain gear was on. Caddies tried to talk us into quitting, but we were too foolish to listen. Miserable day/great story.

jody/ new jersey 

galvin green/ jacket and trousers

torrential gale/rain portmarnock links,went through 7 pairs of gloves

Dick, Indiana

Dryjoy jacket and rain pants

Rained hard enough that the street lights came on in the middle of the day.  I played until the course was closed due to standing water on the greens.

1. First name/home state or province

Robert, Connecticut 

2. Current rain gear 

Nike pullover, or light jacket, under armor pants, bucket hat, all 3m scotch guard spray (not the best) this set up changes on what time of the year it is.

3. Worst rain you've ever played in

I live on the coast in New England I often play in steady rain sometimes light snow if the course will let us out. there have been often times we are getting close to 1 inch an hour 20 to 30mph winds but these storms can pass quickly depending on what time of year it is, but sometimes they don't. we also play when temperatures drop as low as the mid 30s as long as there is no frost we can get out on some courses that remain open. I can only golf 3 times a week on certain days if it's raining or cold the attitude is "suck it up and go play because you're not getting out tomorrow." this upcoming first part of the year March - early June is normally the wettest time of the year with October - December being a close second. its New England you have to expect and prepare for bad weather.

Peter,

I currently just use Woods rain gear, not really golf rain gear as its heavier than needed.

Worst rain was in a company tournament where we were first to tee off. Rain was so hard

and drops so big they made 4 inch splashes!  We found out later that we were the only ones

maniac enough to tee off and that the rest of the tee-offs were delayed 2 hours.  We finished

so far head (no waits on any tee ! DUH ) That we decided to play another round!  ( Sun came out 

on 13th hole so we managed to dry out!   We use the old

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers Golfers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds

If also played a round where it snowed from 3-4 holes, enough to make the fairways white, but cleared up just as fast!

Thank god for coloured balls!

Pete

Ray/Florida

North Face/Under Armour/ or other assorted brands to help with conditions

Played in a tournament during a Tropical Storm (course didn't want to reschedule or pay out). The rain lasted 2 hours, with bands of storms coming through, rain delay for lightning, then back out. This happened three times. Started shotgun stroke play at 8:15 a.m. ended at 7:00 p.m. 

current rain gear:Zero Restriction

worse rain: Bandon Dunes Oct 20-24, 2017

I currently play 130-150 rounds per year@ HDCP 6.  

Tough but fair critic. Able to communicate so the review is easily understandable. Would love to try it out.

Thanks for your time!

Wm Lex Wilkinson

Todd - Ohio

Adidas Gore-Tex jacket and ProQuip pants

Played in hurricane type weather at Bandon once.  70 MPH wind gusts, pouring rain, streams running through fairways, and my buddy's golf bag almost got blown down a cliff but we finished the round!

Going back to Bandon this month and would love to see how Galway Bay gear handles the ultimate test.