Dave Sanguinetti

Zero Restriction

Pebble Beach, horizontal, damn near typhoon strengh!

Tom 

Oregon

footjoy

Just last weekend in Oregon with a mix of rain and hail. 

• Haha 1

1. Ty - Manitoba
2. Under Armour Storm Rain Suit
3. Boys weekend golf trip in Panorama. Rained the entire weekend.

16 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

16 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

1. Marvin/Oregon

2.Footjoy Rain Pants; Ashworth rain shell; Tommy Bahama rain vest; Columbia Sport Puff Jacket; FootJoy Rain gloves.

3. Portland Oregon heavy rain and wind with rain so hard could not see ball landing with any club longer than 7-iron.  Bandon Dunes with sideways rain coming off Pacific Ocean. Temperatures in upper 40s.

In both cases, soaked to skin by 3rd hole. Played 18, of course

Earl/Tennessee

NikeGolf Storm-Fit

Dooks Golf Club, Ireland (Rain and Wind)

4 minutes ago, roxshock said:

Tom 

Oregon

footjoy

Just last weekend in Oregon with a mix of rain and hail. 

Love it Tom! Someone from Oregon like you or me MUST be chosen. Good Luck!

Bobby from Pittsburgh, PA
Zero Restriction Packable Jacket and Pants
Myrtle Beach...During the back nine at Caledonia Golf and Fish Club...in Mid April...Never played in a constant downpour for 2 hours straight before...it was insane. But when you pay those green fees...you stick it out. 

Edited by Digiburdie
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, rwellis4 said:

Rob, Virginia

Puma rain gear

Played in some terrible rain here in VA

Tom,   Indian

FJ jacket. Nike pants

played Firestone South in constant downpour for all 18 holes. 

1. Brin Paulson/Chicago
2. Under Armour
3. Umbrella and a plastic bag 30 mile an hour winds and sideways rain which turned to sleet🤣

Edited by DownInOne

Nick-Jersey 

my usual rain gear is puma  set 

i played in hurricane sandy. 

Caleb - Ohio

Under Armour Storm

Played in some pretty chilly/rainy conditions this fall. 

Lee Madison Auburn Alabama

Footjoy rain suit I bought about 5 months back for a small tournament where it was raining. Have played in torrential downpours it has been raining here for about 4 months. Played st. Andrew's in a torrential downpour probably my best round ever in rain like that

Harvey, Nevada

Old Nike rain gear (like playing in a sauna suit)

Bethpage Black, 40° temp, steady downpour (ugh)

Tom, Indiana & Florida

FJ jacket,   Nike pants

Played Firestone South in constant downpour. Wet but awesome course.

Greg in Florida

Footjoy SS wind/rain shirt, Addidas Climalite long sleeve pullover rain/wind shirt

Played in a scramble tournament in south Georgia one summer with heavy rain and thunderstorms that started about 30 minutes prior to tee time. They only delayed the start 30 minutes for lightning. Unbelievably they sent us out on the course with light rain still coming down and more heavy rain forecast. The fairways were all soaked, the greens were saturated, and the holes were all full of water. We made one birdie that had to roll through puddles about 1/4 inch deep. We finished third.

1. Kevin, CT
2. Sun Mountain pants/pullover
3. Played in a charity event to see how many holes we could play in a day. Greens had water bubbles forming, never seen that before!

Retired PGA in Myrtle Beach SC- 

Ping Rain Pants

Zero Restriction Jacket

Rained so hard the last 30 minutes of a tournament in TN, were hitting out of extremely wet fairways that were mostly lakes. Had to finish, we were in the final group.

Be good to test here - cold rain in the winter and hot rain in the summer  

Dan from Seattle. I have some Sun Mountain pants I use now and a mix of like 5 different jackets I use. Pro Quip, an old Tourney goretex, a Nike storm fit, a north face rain coat, etc.. I’ll actually wear this sleeveless sun mountain under one of these, never had a leak with that combo! 

Played in Brandon one time where it was so rainy and windy you couldn’t look up or else it felt like you were getting pelted with icicles in the face! Played the more forward tees and still had 3 wood/Driver into some of the par 3’s! Sucked at the time but I’ll never forget it!

Darwyn from Alberta.

Have Reebok rain pants that aren't golf specific and a sunice rain pullover.

Last September I played in the mountains on a day that had rain and mist for almost all of the first 13 holes, and then became a downpour that turned to sleet and winds that blew straight sideways for 30 minutes.  The finishing 2 holes were brilliant sunshine and so warm we could take off all our layers. Being able to appreciate and use one system that can function in all levels of weather challenge would be great.

Just joined the site!  Looking forward to the discussions and hope to do some gear testing.