Our Sponsors

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Chosen! Congratulations to the following members: @Sluggo42 @jacustomgolf @No3PuttLaLa @Headhammer The full announcement is found later in this thread.

Galway Bay Rain Gear Testers Chosen Right now, a bunch of us are dealing with a forecast that looks like this: And while most golfers look for a forecast like this: ...four

Yes!! I want to see this!! Sand storm!!! 🤣🤣

Posted Images

Russ Elkan/Florida

worst rain was at Portrush Ireland ( site of Open this year) on the first hole and one of my mates was taking a practice swing and he hit me in the shin with his hybrid! and I bled like crazy right thru my Sunderland rain gear!

Brandon, WA

I currently rotate Nike, Sun Ice, and Footjoy raincoats. Always use Mizuno rain pants.. they are pretty good.

I live in Seattle, so I've played in some bad, steady rain.  Bit Bandon Dunes deluge a few years back was the worst. 

This stuff will get a good test up here in the Pacific NW!

Andre, New Orleans, La.

I've always been loyal to FJ, but would love to test out your products. We're having an unusually wet winter here, so I'll have more than enough chances to put them to the test. I also wear my FJ rain pants over shorts in the winter, instead of slacks. Hope to get a shot at the title!

Hien/Portland OR

Nike Storm Fit jacket and pants, Footjoy Dryjoys LTS jacket and pants

being from the Pacific Northwest, we get rain, wind, cold most of the winter months. I play golf year round and wear three to four layers of pants and shirts/jacket just to keep warm and dry.   

1. John, IL
2. Under Armour Storm 3 jacket, Greg Norman epic pants
3. The worst weather I have played in was in the outer rim of a Hurricane down in FL.  It came down hard at high winds!

Thanks for your consideration

Edited by JJDynamite6
fix

🧐

Griffin Liebl/Wisconsin

Nike Storm-FIT

I have played in a lot of rain as I am a diehard and once I start, lightening is the only thing that will get me off of a course. But the worst I ever played in was an early March round in Wisconsin where it was raining close to the point of sleet and was 38 degrees outside, and it went from mist, to steady rain, to downpour as the wind picked up! Still we some how survived and finished the round. May not have been the worst rain, but it was the worst experience in the rain on a golf course and it will forever stick with me as a story of golfing in the rain!

Scott in Kentucky. Current rain gear is FootJoy pants and jacket. The worst rain that I played in was in Georgetown, Ky in the month of February - the course was already wet with cart path only rules. Tempature was in the 40’s. After the 3rd hole a downpour started and did not stop for the remainder of our round. So wet that we had to put on “wet gloves” and fully tested our rain gear. The rain was so steady that it was useless to even have an umbrella ☔️ 

Edited by Ssudduth
  • GolfSpy MPR changed the title to TESTERS ANNOUNCED: Galway Bay Rain Gear
  • STUDque locked this topic