1. Ken / Illinois
2. Old Gore Tex jacket from work. Jeans or shorts for bottoms :(
3. Midwest thunderstorms tend to have a lot of lightning, so I get in before I turn out like the priest in Caddyshack. However I have been caught in brief downpours, getting completely soaked in the process. If I had decent rain gear, probably would play more in light rain.

I play the majority of my golf in Bermuda where we get almost 60 inches of rain per year. I hate most pairs of rain pants because I find them so difficult to get on when you are sheltering under a bush whilst trying to get your gear on. The ones with lining are especially hard because of the golf shoes. I usually get wet before putting my gear on. However, good gear is needed as the rain can be pretty hard.

Ed T/ Roanoke, TX

FJ Select at the course I work at (work issue), but thin and not too happy. Have to wear other Cutter & Buck underneath some days.

Worst rain I played in was at Bandon Dunes back in 2000. Wouldn't have played if we hadn't driven so far to play. Bought a $250 Nike rain jacket but still got soaked. Caddy was the only way we even knew where to hit since we couldn't see more than 150 yards.

Tim / New York

Walter Hagen rain pants / Callaway vest

Sideways rain with 25 mph wind with 3 holes left and my lowest score on the line. Coldest round was yesterday at 28 degrees in upstate New York.

Russell, Washington

Sunderland of Scotland Rain Pants, Greg Norman Play Dry zipper sleeve Rain Jacket

6 + holes in NW rain storm; about 1.5 inches while carrying my Hoofer.

Grips got too wet and my tee shot on 7, club flew part way into the lateral water hazard fronting the 2 tee boxes.

Another time lighting strike near the 8th green, left ball behind from fairway onto green and headed straight to clubhouse.

Colton from Portland, OR
Current rain gear: Adidas pants, Footjoy top

Worst rain I played in was the tail end of this last fall. We got hit by a steady 1.5 hours of steady down pour with about 15 minutes of heavy downpour. Unfortunately I forgot my rain pants that day. 🤦🏻‍♂️

17 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Charles-Kentucky

FootJoy HydroLite Fullzip Jacket

FJ Light Rain Pants

Worst rain gear played in Sun Mountain RainFlex always felt heavy and wet wearing it. Sunderland rain pants same as Sun Mountain felt heavy and wet. Forget about wearing in anything but winter because they would also roast you. 

1. Mike, Charlotte, North Carolina

2. Footjoy pants and a gor-tex jacket (very hot, hate sweating in it)

3. Epic down pour at the Cliffs at Walnut Cove, casual water everywhere yet still playing and soaking wet.

Chris

Michigan

Cold Weather Rainsuit - DryJoys Tour Select pants and Long Sleeve Jacket

Warm Weather - FootJoy Hydrolite Pants and Hydrolite 1/2 Sleeve Jacket

Imperial Rain Hat

Umbrella - who needs one

Worst Rounds - Garland, MI - Buddy’s annual golf trip.  1st round in the mid-40’s with winds at a steady 20 MPH and gusts over 30 MPH.  Driving heavy rain all day.  Played 36 in the tough conditions and then played 9 more become rain had lightened up.  Each green had its own ball washer when the ball went into the cup.  Steady flowing water over most of the low areas of the course.  Proceeded to play 6 more rounds.  Out of 8 guys, 1 went home early.  2 had 5 rain tickets for the next year and I was the only one to play all rounds.  Thank God for 2 rain suits and multiple pairs of shoes.  Turned on the heat lamp and fan in the bath room to dry everything out.

other worst round - 18-hole Sunday morning - quorum vote dictated no league play, 7 of us went out in 2 group.  Only 1 person finished 9 with me and wine stole the last 9.  Golf Pro tossed me a dozen Pro V’s because “you’re the only 1 dumb enough to finish 18 today”.  Course closed down after I left.

Snowball Open is our 1st event of the year and as the name implies, its cold and wet.

Thank you for the opportunity!

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

2. Current rain gear 

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Evan, Pennsylvannia

Callaway Rain Vest/Pants

Played in a driving rain storm for 13 holes once was cold for days.

Tom/New Mexico

FootJoy Houndstooth Goretex from 1998

Last March in Albuquerque, the weather predicted was for 60 and sunny. A front moved in and it rained an inch per hour, blew 40 mph and the temp dropped to 39 degrees. My 30 year old rain gear didn’t handle it very well, to say the least.  It sounds like the perfect scenario for Galway Bay...bring it on!

Tim Yorke PEI Canada . 2018 warmed up in wet hail. Snowed 4 times . Down poured the  rest. 60-70 k winds minus 3 celcius  I won the amateur event with 78-75. Used sunice raingear and got soaked. . This was also my first tourny back from hip replacement.  Headlines Triumphant return to win Avondale Open .  

Edited by tjyorke
Wrong spell sunice

Brett / Florida

Zero Restriction

Old Mac at Bandon. Raining sideways and a toasty 47 degrees. 

1. Scott/Colorado
2. Zero Restriction Gore-tex rain jacket and footjoy rain pants
3. Firestone Country Club.  It was raining so hard that by the time we finished, rain was pooling on the greens.  We got done just before they called the round.

Jonathan/Kentucky

footjoy

constant downpour 14 holes out of a tournament 

Andrew, I’m from North Carolina.

I have an old pullover and two pairs of pants but that’s about it for adverse weather. 

I played golf when Hurricane Florence was near and everything was flooded.

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

2. Current rain gear 

We'll be announcing in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Chris, New Jersey,

Footjoy pants, proquip jacket

Sideways rain, heavy rain, freezing rain and snow. 

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

2. Current rain gear 

Good luck

Aaron/Nebraska

Dryjoy bottoms & variety of tops, most usually a Cutter and Buck CB Windtec short sleeve quarter zip.

Eastern Illinois Invitational 3rd round back in college at Iron Horse in Tuscola. Mid 30s with freezing rain/sleet downpour, turned to low 30s and thunder snow. Got the whole miserable round in minus my umbrella that blew away at the turn 🤣

Calum - Aberdeen, Scotland 

Adidas waterproofs, although judging by how much they make me sweat they don’t live up to the name waterproof! 

The worst rain? I mean, I live in Scotland, what more do you want? If it doesn’t rain at some point during the round then are you even golfing? Seriously though, I played a round a few years back at piperdam resort and the rain was sideways, you couldn’t keep anything dry, least of all yourself!