Awesome opportunity for our North American spies, I will follow this closely, the idea of only one pair of wet weather pants is really appealing 😁😎

London, uk, play in Nike waterproof pants and j Lindberg top, worst rain ever played in is St Anne’s old links in a storm, trouble with links Golf is the course doesn’t stop draining, was brutal! 

18 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Don, Washington 

Currently wearing Nike storm rain pants and Ogio pull over rain jacket XXL so I can layer up and still move.

Worst rain here is the norm sideways in 20+ mph wind. Most of the cups on the green were full of water. I live in the Pacific Northwest and my home course has just a handful of trees and the wind always blows so no umbrella use here. I played in a tournament superbowl Sunday, it started snowing with a 20mph northeast wind just as we teed off..

Randy, Oklahoma

Adidas

45 degree, temperature dropping, horizontal rain in a 25mph wind.

Andy, Missouri

Golf course superintendent in Kansas City. Plenty of wet weather and being out in the rain is NOT a choice. Plus, I worked at a course in Ireland called Galway Bay Golf Resort. Pick me!

played in the remnants of a hurricane. 4” in 24 hours but was so hot and dry the weeks leading up that I never had the chance to play due to work. One of the most enjoyable rounds!

Currently fitted with FJ DryJoys Tour LTS pant, Hydrolite Jacket

Edited by Ascott320
Can’t read directions

19 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

2. Current rain gear 

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Cary Mathes lives in Marshalltown, Iowa (central part of the State for those wondering what part of the refrigerator I live in).  I currently have a FootJoy pants/jacket combination.  Where was Galway Bay when I needed them last year on our annual early Spring guy's golf trip to Osage Beach, Missouri?  That was the worst weather I've probably played in, but it wasn't rain - it was snow blowing sideways with temperatures in the 30's. We Iowegians need more than "rain" wear.  We need "rain/snow" wear. If I can figure it out, I will attempt to attach a short video documenting the debacle.  Thanks!!

1. Adam Dallas,TX
2. PGA superstore brand short sleeve pullover, no rain pants 
3. I’ve played in pretty intense rain, as long as there’s no lightning I’ll keep playing. 

Dan from Troy, Michigan

My current rain gear is Pro Quip

Plaid in sideways rain and 45 degrees at the Gailes in Northern Michigan.  I am going on a golf trip to Ireland this spring.  This will give the rain gear the ultimate test.

This is Dave, from Virginia. 

I currently have a Footjoy Hydrolite Rain Jacket, and ZR rain pants.

The worst rain I ever played in was on my first trip to Ireland in September 2006.  Two hurricanes had come up the east coast of the US, and continued across the Atlantic following the Gulf Stream to hammer the west coast of Ireland.  We played 8 days of golf, heavy wind and at least SOME rain every day.  Several days we had consistent steady rain, sideways, all day long.  We did see a few patches of blue sky, but they were few and far between.

Ken from Northern CA

Get cold winter rain here every few days. once watched my pull cart roll down the fairway as my umbrella acted liked a big wind sail. don't currently have golf specific rain gear, just winter jackets.

Edited by Scrplayer

19 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

2. Current rain gear 

Good luck!

Duke Stevenson

Vancouver BC

Nike rain jacket

It's know as Raincouver  ( Vancouver)  for a reason. Having good foot Wear is also important out here. Luv to give your gear a once over.

Troy, Iowa Foot Joy rain gear. I am an avid amateur and regularly play in the Midwest in Nov, Dec  ect,,,I just played a round on the Superbowl Sunday in cold wet conditions of Iowa.

Edited by husentro

Scott - Washington St.

Adidas jacket and Columbia Omni-Tech pants

Worst rain:  A two-plus hour downpour in 20 MPH winds at Bandon Dunes. 

Ed / New York

FJ Buckethat, Rain gloves & Nike short sleeve  

Worse was in Crandon Key Biscayne during a Golf Channel tournament. Not having rain bottoms cost me more than just the trophy  

Steve from Chicago IL

I currently wear a Ping jacket but have never worn pants due to the baggy extra layer + FJ rain gloves.

Tie between 30mph winds and downpour and at the Old Course for the entire bank nine, at least it was 60 degrees out.  45 degrees and a downpour for 12 holes playing The Loop ; push cart umbrella holder was broken.

Edited by HomrichMSU

Tom from Illinois

Footjoy rain suit

Ballyliffin 2013 - pouring rain, 30 - 40 mph winds, and about 45 degrees.  But we were in Ireland so we played.  Scorecard disintegrated by the 4th hole - more fun without keeping score

20 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

2. Current rain gear 

Good luck!

Chris Pace 

Sun Mountain Cumulus

Royal County Down - Northern Ireland 

P man North Carolina tournament golfer. Going pro in September for the European pga.

currently using Nike storm fit jacket and pants

played in a tropical storm two years ago 

Edited by echo1dogleg

20 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

2. Current rain gear 

Good luck!

Damien Hickey, Dublin, Ireland. Pro Quip Aqua Storm. My home course is Corballis, right on the coast of the Irish Sea. It's one of the top 90 courses in Ireland, and when it rains it comes down sideways!! 😂

David Atkinson from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

Mostly using Footjoy these days, but I've tried all the traditional makes.

We play here (walking) 12 months of the year as most courses remain open.  Usually 85 to 100 rounds per year.  Frequent rain and 40F temps.  

Worst rain was in St. Andrews on the Old Course - horizontal (high winds).  3 layers that day!

thanks for the opportunity.