Mike from Atlanta. Foot Joy dry joy jacket. Columbia rain pants. 

Worst had to be during a late fall noreaster in rhode island. Cold, windy, big ole chunky rain. Wet grips and clothes etc. But worst was pulling the ball out if the cup o soup 18 times.

1. Tom/Oregon
2. Mix of Nike and no name brand pants 

3. Being stationed in Germany I’ve played in plenty of 20mph gusts with rain going sideways and now living in Oregon, if you don’t play in the rain...you don’t play nearly as much golf!

Paul/Eugene OR

Footjoy Dry joy jacket/sunice pants

High school golf in ND, played tournament in some nasty rain /snow.  Playing college golf in and living in Oregon has also given me lots of experience playing in the rain as well.

Craig / Ohio

Nike rain gear from 10 years ago that has seen better days

In Canada the day before a wedding in Buffalo, NY.  What made the round memorable besides the cold, wind, and rain was my playing partner throwing up in a bunker, calling it a day and taking a 2 hour nap in the clubhouse.  

David, Chicago 

current rain gear: layers and a play or perish attitude. 

Worst rain: have a toddler, so gotta get my rounds in early in the am, means I usually play solo. So when a buddy can come play there’s no way I’m gonna cancel. Worst rain was 34 degrees and pouring sideways. By the 4th hole couldn’t feel my legs. Finished 18 in sub 3 hours out of necessity. 

Matt, Michigan

Nike hyperstorm rain suit is my current rain gear.

worst rain was this past summer, terrestrial downpours started in 11 and we ended up playing through:/ Even my rain gear couldn’t keep me dry!

Edited by Mk07

Lucas from AL

Footjoy Rain pants and Nike/Under Armour Rain Jackets

I have played in a monsoon at Bay Hill and I work is Outside Services at a golf course in rain, sleet, or whatever is thrown at us. 

Ken, Tennessee
Foot Joy Rain Jacket and Hat Costco Rain Pants
45 Degrees and Rain with Puddling on Course

Looking for new rain gear so would love the opportunity

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Jared from Hawai'i (moving to Washington this week)

Nike Storm Fit

A few years ago when I lived in New Mexico we had 20 mph winds with rain that accumulated 2 inches in about an hour and half.  My Dad wasn't thrilled but my uncle was persistent, needless to say I got soaked through.

I have zero restriction and live in Tennessee, the worst rain I have played in was in 30 mph wind with rain so hard you could not see the green.  I also use my zero restriction in the winter to block wind.

GolfSpy Barbajo

•  
  • 6000.gif.e7ec3f57d47056764fd206e19a08ba6
  • GolfSpy Barbajo
  • Administrator
  • staff.gif.3e031b5d4ceb71c2c52e3c23cd8eb4
  • broke-80.gif.44f8d1814a8ccf2ce4de6b5a94a
  • 6,539 posts
  • LocationExeter, New Hampshire
  • Handicap:6.6

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

•  

1. Stephen / Oklahoma
2. Foot joy water resistant jacket, and no name water resistant pant
3. steady light rain for 9 holes.

22 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Scott, (Rainy Northern) California 

Adidas Jacket, Rei pants 

As seen on TV (pebble), this past weekend was pretty nasty. But the dawn patrol dads game must go on! 

Carl / St. Louis, MO

Foot Joy Gore Tex

Played once in Mississippi on a golf trip where the superintendent came out and made us get off the course, because the greens were flooding.  Yes, we were chipping the balls instead of putting!

Edited by PD1775

San Antonio, Texas 

i moslty wear footjoy products, it has been lacking in some areas. This product looks amazing, I’d love to try them out. 

Its been raining a lot here lately and it won’t stop for a while, I play everyday rain, or shine, the worst rain was heavy drops to the point I’m sinking in the ground and my jacket pockets are filling up with water. 

1. Ron - Seattle, WA
2. Columbia Jacket and Helly Hansen Pants.
3. In 2005, I was back in Philly and ended up stuck on the 5th hole at Bensalem Country Club when a Nor-Easter hit... The rain and wind was so bad, the fairways had waves by the 10th. By 18, the parking lots were flooding and the course had shutdown. To this day, I'm still not sure what we were thinking.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

1. Zack/Georgia

2. Footjoy and Antigua rain pullover rain tops. Under armour and Nike rain pants.

2. Buddies golf trip a few years ago to Texas and it poured all weekend. In between the lightning, we played in rain so hard that it put a fog between us and the fairway. My golf shoes still aren’t dry from those few days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My First name is Dorsey

From Georgia

Current rain gear - none

Worst rain i played in was at Ballybunion...we played in Tropical Storm Daniel and they were going to close the course for the first time in 200 years but we talked them into letting us play.  6o to 65 mph gusts and 45 to 50 sustained winds.  It was raining so hard and sideways that the it hurt when it hit you.  We finished and I even broke 90...LOL

Scott,Ohio

Zero Restriction

sideways rain for the first 16 holes at Royal county down. Took 2 days for gear to dry out. 

Headed to Bandon in a month - probably a good test spot!