23 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Jamey

North Carolina

Adidas pants/Columbia jacket

Sideways rain with a little bit of hail for 4 holes. Cheap rain gear only works for so long. 

1. Eric, New York City
  2. Galvin Green Luke Jacket, Bonobos Highland Golf Pants, Under Armour Compression Shorts or Cold Gear leggings when it gets cold out
  3. Bad rain (see picture).  This was in the fall last year out in Long Island.  First time I've had to buy socks in the pro shop to change out of my backups after they got soaked. 

IMG_0274.jpg

• Love 1

Matt, Illinois

No rain gear/in the market

St Andrew's, gusty winds/rain, but tougher it out. Had to buy layers prior to going out becuse dad and I only packed pants/polos

Jeff, Oregon

Dryjoys Jacket

Sun Mountain Rain Pants

36 at Bandon Dunes. Heavy rain and wind all day. Broke 100 in round 2 and it felt like shooting in the 70s. 

Ben / Indiana

footjoy

whistling straits sleeting rain in October 

Anthony Schweppe Harrisburg PA.

Sunice rain suit. The worst rain I ever played in was the 2001 European assistants Championship at St Annes, Liverpool. 36 holes 20- 30 mph Northern wind and temperatures in the high 40s. Used the locker room hand dryer between rounds to dry out the suit. Came off the course like a wet dog.

1. Alex/Ontario
2. Columbia rain pants. Hard to find proper fitting golf rain gear when you 6'7". Everything is usually 2-3 inches short:) but looks like GB offers their products in sizes that may fit  larger people.
3. Frozen rain in +3c(40f). When you are trying to stretch golf season, you have to deal any with weather

Edited by alsi

Tuan / Minnesota

Patagonia lightweight rain jacket 

Spring freezing rain

Steve from Virginia 

Zero Restriction rain jacket - ping rain pants

A few years back playing in the winter in heavy rain that turned to sleet and then snow finished in a white out.

1. Patrick; IL

2. Nike Storm fit. Size medium cause a small is too small, but medium feels like wearing heavy garbage bags.

3. Early May up in Treetops in a mid 40’s degree temps in a downpour. In hindsight a little too early of a golf season in upper Michigan, but it was a buddies trip and toughed it out. 

Tom, Florida

Rain gear: Poker Stars Jacket, umbrella, no rain pants, FJ rain gloves, fisherman's hat.

Worst rain played in was back in Massachusetts--sideways rain finally letting up to torrential. 

1. Brian Sanko - California
2. ProQuip jacket and pants rain gear and Foot Joy hat and gloves
3. I'm that guy who will always get a round in and the only one on the course when it rains. Worst was when the wind was blowing 40 mph and the greens were flooded as a result of 3 days of non-stop rain. Had to putt with my driver and lost my golf shoe in the mud/rough because the ground was soft. 

1. Mike/Virginia
2. Random DSG house brand - honestly, I usually just get wet
3. The sea was angry that day, my friends...  Well, I'm sure the sea was angry that day, but I was a hundred miles west of it.  You may have seen standing water on greens; that day we had running water on the greens.  On the plus side, you didn't need to imagine how water drains off the green to read it, you could just see it.  Looking back, I'm not really sure why they let me out.

Joe G from TX

Nike storm fit (hate it-pants drag below shoes; jacket is tough to swing in)

February 2018 @Spanish Bay - Started first 3 holes at 60 degrees, sunny, and a little windy - next 8 holes were 45 degrees, no sun, sideways rain. Rain comes to a halt. Played remaining holes soggy and cold!

23 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

1. Bill W, Wisconsin. 

2. Umm, I use a Marmot raincoat, but do not have rain pants. 

3.  I am SO a muny course guy, but I had the chance to play at The Country Club in Brookline one weekend. On Saturday, it rained OVER TWO INCHES! In less than four hours. And we played through it. Yikes. But, that’s how some memories are made. 

1. Thomas/Maryland
2. North Face
3. Played a round in one of those off and on type of rains. Everytime youd take off the jacket it would pour. Went through 3 gloves by the end of the round.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Craig from MN

NIKE stromfit rain suit

i don’t get to use it a lot. But when I do it’s nice. 

Dan from British Columbia.

Currently wear long thermal underwear under my golf pants. For my body, I usually wear a New Balance or Columbia rain jacket. On Vancouver Island, where I'm from, we can usually golf all year round considering we are in a temperate rainforest. Played in a storm with 60km winds in 25-30mm of rain. 

1. Stephen / CA
2. Kjus 
3. Sideways rain in Pebble and Bandon