Jason/Indiana

Nike Storm pants and Sun Mountain 1/4 zip

We were playing a local 9 hole Muni course. Started raining hard after 4 holes. I was -2, best start of my life. I forced my group to keep playing. I rooster tailed it through a puddle to save par on the Par 5 fifth just before the Pro made us quit. It’s been 3 years and I’ve never started that hot since. 

On 2/10/2019 at 7:47 PM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Ryan Wall - San Francisco, CA

Under Armour Storm 3 Pants & FJ dryjoys hydrolite jacket

Last weekend I was playing a tournament wehnthe worst rain and wind came. We were all completely soaked after 2 holes and many competitors quit due to wind and rain and 40 degree weather. I play in very wet and windy tournaments often. I play tournaments year round in CA so often I am forced to play in some ery bad conditions due to tournament sign-ups happening well before the weather is known

Edited by ryanwallee

Nick - Seattle, WA

Nike Storm Fit Jacket, Footjoy rain pants. 

32* with snow/rain/hail for a 6 hour scramble. Layered up to where you could barely swing. 

James/Maryland

Zero Restriction too / FJ pants

high school districts- Drizzle all day in about 45 degrees 

1. First name/home state or province: James, Tennessee
2. Current rain gear:  Off brand Fog Togs I think, bought it off of e-bay, it is not a matched set.
3. Worst rain you've ever played in: Played in a steady rain at Brainerd Golf Couse in Chattanooga TN. There was standing water and the back nine was closed because of the deep water.  Needed floater golf balls for this round. I was completely soaked and needed much better gear and hope to have the chance to test these products!

Mike, Utah

Columbia Top and Nike Bottoms

North Shore of Hawaii on the Turtle Bay Course.  Rained so hard my playing partner lost his ball in the middle of the fairway.  We found it in standing water just below the surface of the standing water.  If it wasn't a tournament I think we would have postponed the round.

-Stephen from TX
-Nike storm fit
-Time in MA where we got caught in the storm and 3-4 inches of rain came down. Fortunately it was 90+ degrees so we made the best of. Every stitch of clothing and golf gear got drenched. One of the playing partners fogot to air out golf bag and ended up throwing out most of his gear. We still laugh about that round when we get together.

John from New Zealand

Sun Mountain jacket and Ray Cooke pants

worst playing conditions was horizontal sleet and snow

Awesome test opertunity!

My names Mike, I’m from California and live in the Bay Area. I’m currently wearing a Adidas Storm jacket and Columbia rain pants over normal golf clothes and some UA Spieth Mids with the gortex. I do rock some UnderArmor cold gear when the temps are low. I play a lot in the rain, so I’m not sure how to describe the worst rain I’ve played in, but you know it’s bad when you loose a club more then once during a round or if you get sick from being so cold cause you just won’t quit.  I love what I’ve read about Galway Bay and would be super stoked to report back how they perform compared to my passed experiences. 

Glen in Wilmette Illinois. Have a Nike top for rain gear and no pants. The wettest round(s) ever was 36 holes in Myrtle Beach for a bachelor party. No rain gear, and I ruined a Scotty Cameron putter since the cover I had got soaked and remained on putter weeks after I returned home. I have read about Galway Bay rain gear and would love to try it and share my experience.

Scott Tennessee

Ashland Jacket and have a dry shirt with a towel in my bag

I have two... a TN downpour that didn't stop for 45 minutes

on a clear day before and after the downpour even in the cart

I did have a dry stop on me and couldn't finish the

greens were puddled good news it was 95

Michigan in May rain turned into snow with a a 15 degree 

drop temp and it wasn't that warm when we started, but 

we finished the round and played 18 more.

On 2/10/2019 at 7:47 PM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Tommy, California..  currently without rain gear, would love to try and review.

Jon, Wisconsin but now reside in California

Galvin Green Pants, Under Armor Top

Did you see what the pro's played in this weekend? Yeah, bring it on. I live in Northern California and experienced everything the pro's did and then some. Rained consistently is the Bay Area for all four hours of me on a course that had be hit with over 7 inches in the past week. While others run from the rain, my foursome runs to the course. Why? Because the entire course is OURS!. 

Hoping to have the opportunity to test Galway Bay out. I've wanted to pick up a suit ever since they topped your list last year. Keep up the great work gang. 

1. Andrew/California

2. Under Armor Goretex Pants and Jacket

3. Ireland golf tour in month of May. Wind, rain, blowing sideways. Even the local caddies didn't want to continue the walk.

Hal-Illinois

generic rain suit

didn't know there was a tornado 2 miles away till we got home and the family had called hospitals looking for us

Vishal, CA
Puma Jacket and J Lindberg Trouser

last weekend downpour on a already drenched and muddy Spring Valley GC, Milpitas, CA 

Dave/Soon to be VA
Footjoy XP jacket
Zero Restriction gore Tex wind 3/4
Footjoy hyperlite pants

Originally from buffalo, so have played in it all. Worst was during an ice storm over thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy