Ron from Toronto Canada. I have the Sunice ultimate v4 jacket and sunice zephal pants. I've played an entire round in a downpour with 15 to 20mph of wind.

Martin Glasgow, Scotland 

Galvin Green jacket and trousers

its almost always raining here! Played club championship in torrential rain 18 holes in the morning won and had to go back out and do the same again in the afternoon!! If the course isn’t closed I’ll play! 

There is a reason that the best rain gear is developed in Europe. We live in bad weather, so to truly prove the quality of the products. Test it over here, we play when you stay at home.

When hurricane Ophelia came over Ireland and Scotland, we played the St. Andrews Jubilee course on the worst day possible, October 16th 2017. Sideways rain and hurricane gusts. I made it through dry (wearing euro-made rain gear), my girlfriend did not (wearing her college issued rain gear). 

Too bad this only applies for US/Canada. Hope you guys get to test it in some shitty weather.

Good luck to all who know you will be playing in appropriate weather.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Ophelia_(2017)

Chris H. - Dorado,PR

Footjoy  Hydrolite

Rains daily in Puerto Rico. Worst rain - sideways, using a towel to grip the club (not sure if that’s legal) and putts were going 5% of normal distance. Ruined the golf shoes but atleast I got a free shower. 

Mike T.   Wilmington, NC 100+ inches of rain last year.

Foot Joy top and bottoms.

November of 2018. Walked 18 with pushcart, temp was 52 deg, winds out of the SW at 20mph with gusts to 35mph. Rain varied from light drizzle to heavy downpour with visibility less then 100 yards at times. Lost estimated 12++ balls. Was blown over by gust of wind on #5. Driver distance was anywhere from 50 yards to 325 yards. It was Epic.

Ron/PA

combo of Nike top and Galvin Green pants

Played 18 holes in a combination of rain/sleet/freezing rain the weather at Pebble had nothing on that.

I’m Kevin and I currently use Zero Restriction and Nike storm-fit....I’m from South Louisiana and we get all kinds of weather here in a short time.  The worst weather I’ve played in was 38* and a cold, steady rain.  I use my rain gear for all types of activities, not just for golf.  

Alex from Massachusetts

I've been playing all winter here in Mass, in a variety of conditions, so I'd love to try this gear out.

Also, if you can wait that long, I'll be going to Scotland in late May, where I'm sure all that rain gear will come in very handy and provide the ultimate performance test.

Chris from Chesapeake ,VA

Dunning jacket and Mizuno pants

Worst rain played in would be The end of of golf season when I lived in NJ.

Steady rain with 10 mph wind and 38 degrees. Played 36 holes with my brother

to finish off the season. The last golf for a few months.

Duane, New Jersey

Zero Restriction Rain Gear

Worst rain: 40 Degrees, Down pour, 30 mile per hour wind.

Mike, WI

FootJoy

Irish Course, Whistling Straits, high winds off lake Michigan and rain all day and patches of snow with it. 

1. Steve Pennsylvania
2. Ben Hogan
3. Worst weather I ever played in was a guys trip to Ocean City, MD. It was raining so hard that standing water was OVER my waterproof Foot Joys. Soaked on the outside, sweating like Roger Ebert  on the inside, literally it was all the effort I could muster to actually play 18. On the 11th hole I was so wet, inside and out, I took off my rain gear and played the last 7 holes in my sweat soaked pants and polo. 

On 2/11/2019 at 5:34 AM, tony@CIC said:

Tony

FJ

Medium rainfall - (1" over a few hours) on 11 holes but with 15 mph of wind 

Cliff Robbins / California

Sunice Jacket, Addidas pants

I have go to Bandon Dunes every January and play 4 days straight in some of the worst rain, wind, sleet, hail conditions you will ever play in. Worst was January 2018 at Bandon Dunes, over 1 inch of rain and 60 mph winds, periods of hail. My rain suit barely held up had to replace jacket after that trip. 

1. Aaron, Texas
2. ZeroRestriction / FootJoy 
3. Rain/windstorms during hurricane season

Bruce, Nevada

Foot-Joy rain gear

35 mph deluge that you couldn’t see more than 10 feet in Hendersonville, NC

Edited by CaptZ
BC instead of NC

Hi, I’m in Alberta. Lots of bad weather.  We get 9 months of winter and 3 months of tough sledding! 

Current rain gear (2sets)  is lighter Zero restriction zip jacket with removable sleeves and splash pants which I keep in my bag, and a Zero restriction Goretex Jacket and Galvin Green Goretex pants for the strong  cold wind and heavy downpours. 

One of the worst days was (there have been many) was 34 F and steady rain in the Rocky Mountains for all 18 holes. Another was a 4 day trip 36/day to Silverado during a California drought, rained for 4 days straight in 50 deg temps.  Everyone we met kept saying, isn’t this rain nice? Then there was the game at Chambers bay where the umbrella was useless......

Have played in rain and wind in Ireland, Bandon, Whistling Straits, and all across Canada. At home the cart cover and heater helps, but you can’t hit the ball from inside the cart! 

Still on the hunt for a the Perfect rain (and wind) gear. 

Craig