Tom, Virginia

Foot Joy

If this golf season is like last year, most golf days will be either 100 degrees or a monsoon! New rain gear would give me a better chance to get out on the course in 2019!

Image result for carl spackler meme

Rick in Tennessee

Mizuno rain gear

Worst rain I recall playing in was during a winter get away to Hilton Head.  First day temps were in the low 30’s and with 15-25 mph wind gusts and a steady rain.  I’ve played in worse rain, but the combination was definitely the worst weather.  I could carry enough equipment in my bag to stay warm and dry.

1. New Jersey 

2. Adidas climastorm jacket.   Sun mountain pants. 

3.  Pick a day last year in NJ.  Any day I wanted to play it rained.  

Martin, Ontario.
Under Armour
I always start playing as soon as the courses open. Usually late March to early April. It's cold and wet most of the time but it doesn't stop me. I'll play in any condition, so long as my course will let me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Josh, from Ontario, Canada.  Currently have Sun Ice Pants, short sleeve rain shirt and full rain jacket, (not gore Tex). They do the job in a light rain, are stretchy and comfortable.  The worst rain/cold I’ve played in was for a charity tournament in mid October several years back.  Temperature was between 4-7 degrees Celsius (39-45 degrees in Freedom Units). It was a steady rain for pretty much the whole round and was quite windy too.  Pants did a decent job ( I had compression tights and a pair of golf pants underneath the rain pants) but my jacket didn’t hold up well at all.  Would love to try the Galway Bay gear. I get plenty of inclement weather in the spring/fall, and don’t mind playing in the rain.  

Edited by JJL1975

Wayne from Manitoba

Sun ice

Played in rain so bad one time we had to stop at the clubhouse to get garbage bags to wear - rain gear wasn't cutting it. Worst. Round. Ever.

1. Rodel/California
2. Sunice
3. Hurrican Hector on Maui.  Only day to play on Kapalua Plantation Course and had to buy the rain gear that just didn't work.  $$$$ not well spent.

Andrew, Kentucky
No rain gear in one of the rainiest states!
The worst rain I have ever played in was when I could only see about fifty yards in front of me. I gave up on an umbrella because it became pointless and I just kind of gave way to the rain. The best part of the day was when my cousin hit a drive where the driver went further than his ball after flying out of hands.

John----Delaware!

2" of rain in just over an hour, luckily we were playing Trump Ferry Point which drained amazingly.  A lot better then my Callaway Rain Jacket and my Nike rain pants...which were also sprayed with Scotchgard. 

Why were we playing in that much rain... hey we drove a long way that day to play Bethpage Black which was closed when we got there so we had to look for a plan B.  

Lately, we've been getting tons of rain here in Delaware, it would be perfect.  Good luck all!

Lance/Maryland
Forrester Gore-tex
Mid-Atlantic Golf Season 2018, it rained over 70 inches of rain this past year in Maryland!
That could be the best test of all for your gear! Thanks for letting me be a part of this contest!

Regards

Lance M.

1. First name/home state or province (Scott / Michigan)
2. Current rain gear (Nike Hyperadapt Storm)
3. Worst rain you've ever played in (Michigan gets some pretty nasty weather that pops up sporadically. Let's just say enough rain to turn a bunker into a pond.)

Dennis - New Jersey
2. FootJoy
3. early part of Hurricane Sandy - unbelievable ! Luck to survive !

Tim, Ohio

Nike Storm Fit

Bandon Dunes. After a week free of rain, we pushed our luck with a pre-flight nine. 40 mph, 45 *, 90% soaked, but 100% worth it!

Donald-  Bremerton Washington (across Puget Sound from Seattle

Nike Storm rain suit when hard steady rain, and several  1/4 zip  pullovers from Footjoy and Adidas when a slight mist to light rain.  

Played in several tournaments where we got over 1.5 to 2 inches of rain in an hour with steady winds.   Also a variety of temperatures from the 30’s to the 80’s F.   

Chris, Oregon

Nike Storm-Fit

Eastmoreland March,  pouring rain (1in) and 39 degrees out. Lost multiple balls in the middle of the fairway. The soaking wet ground would just swallow them up. 

Cody - West Michigan

I have no specific rain gear currently. I'll sport comfortable cotton chinos with a long-sleeve shirt and a thin softshell jacket in less-than-perfect weather. As I've been playing more, rain gear has peaked my interest. We generally have wet and cold conditions early and late in the Michigan golf season.

Last summer, I agreed to play in an October charity scramble with my old college roommates at Island View Golf Club in Waconia, Minnesota. When I agreed to this in July, the weather was great and it sounded like a fun time.

Naturally, the weather in Minnesota in early October is less than stellar. After making the long drive from Michigan a few days prior to the scramble, we played a practice round in 40-degree, but dry, conditions.

Mother nature had other ideas for the actual event. The 30-minute drive to the course was marked with light rain, tolerable thankfully. Shortly after arrival, however, it began to downpour. The rain didn't stop until five holes into the round. 

There are no worse conditions to play golf in than 38-degree temperatures with heavy rain. I was soaked before even making it to the range to warm-up, had a bad range session and snap-hooked my first drive into the trees.

(On the bright side, I single-handedly parred the No. 1 handicap, 487-yard, par five third hole while being unable to really see through my glasses, which were streaked with rain drops.)

We ended up finishing something like five-under par, good for nearly last place in the event. How other teams managed to score better in those conditions is still beyond me.

Curt, Virginia

Under Armour Storm Rain Suit

Worst: 2 weekends of A-team matches in March (Virginia). Sub 35 degree temperatures and steady rain/sleet both weekends.

2nd worst: 36 holes in torrential downpours for Father-Son golf tourney in Myrtle Beach, SC

Living out here in Seattle we get a LOT of rain.  Love the Galway pants I am already wearing, but need to upgrade the jacket.  Typically go with A Zero Restriction which is pretty good, but not completely water proof over a four hour round.  Would love to try the gear and let you know what I think.

Staying dry is good, but you need to be able to wash everything and stay waterproof.  Mud is a constant out here through April!  At least April.

Kyle

Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

FootJoy rain gear

I live in the Northwest... basically freezing temperature, blowing 30, rain coming sideways at about 4" accumulation during the round. Typical Wednesday really :)