Aaron/Michigan
Nike Storm-Fit 
Worst rain was a few years back, guys trip to Northern Michigan and it rained sideways during 3 of our 6 rounds at the 3 best courses we played, still had a fantastic time!

Kevin, British Columbia

If you can't play in the pouring rain, you can't play here......we play rain, shine, cold, wind, snow.  If it's open, we're playing.  You could not get a better rain gear tester than me!

On the worst days, I wear a Zero Restriction Gore Tex full-zip jacket and Cross pants.  It has to be like a fire hose through a sprinkler head to break that get out though. Normally a Sun Ice 1/4 zip jacket and some Sun Ice lightweight pants. 

I chose my rain gear based on Flexibility. If my swing is tight because of gear, I'm not wearin it!   I wear an XL and don't need any more restriction than my 47 year old body already gives me.

I would love to try this gear, provide true feedback and hopefully develop into a word of mouth brand ambassador. 

I've read the Galway stories, watched the reviews and can't wait to try it while nobody else is playing in rain.

Praying for rain......🍁 ⛳ 🌧️ 🌪️ ☔ ❄️ 👍

K

Edited by GolfNanaimo

Phil - Dallas, TX
No current rain gear.. just wear general water resistant stuff 
Member/Guest where it rained steadily for a week prior to the tourney and all during... the winds weren't bad, but i learned that water resistant is not water proof and water proof shoes are really good at keeping water in

Geoff.  British Columbia

Nike clima fit long sleeve coat and sun ice pants.

pouring rain slightly above freezing which turned into snow and the course being closed after 12 holes

Mike   South Carolina

Walter Hagen rain suit

I was in a tournament and we were trying to get the final round in before a hurricane hit. One of my playing partners hit a wedge that came up short and it was raining so hard that it got in a stream of water and did not stop until it was 10 yards behind the player that hit it.!

1. Matthew - Lansing, Michigan
2. Carhartt Storm Defender
3. Frozen rain, and rain so hard you can't       see 5ft in front of you.

1. Janson -Washington State
2. Typical rain gear is under armor  or north face jackets.
3. Since I am in the pacific NW i get lots a rain soaked rounds. The worst storm also had a constant wind with most of the holes filled with water and some spot of the fairways too soggy to walk on.

Travis Mississippi 

FJ jacket and pants probably 10 years old.

Worst weather, spitting snow and 25mph wind in a high school match.

Wentworth: Ontario, Canada, Galvin Green gear currently.

Played Muirfield in Scotland in early December one year, temp were single digits Celsius and it rained for the entire 18 holes. 

With a great golf name like Wentworth, how could you not pick me to be one of your testers?

Tom Colorado

Footjoy DryJoy Jacket, Straight Down Rain Vest

Footjoy and Adidas Rain pants

The Sanctuary-Castle Pines CO 

Driving rain/ice at 33 degrees all day for charity event

1. John / Ottawa, Ontario
2. SunIce GoreTex jacket and pants.
3. When my kids were young I negotiated Saturday morning golf. Rain or shine. I played in the rain a lot. One time it was pouring rain with no sign of it letting up based on the radar. I showed up and was one of two or three cars in the lot. The girl at the counter asked me if I was sure I wanted to head out. I gave her the rain or shine story. Ok she said. The course marshal was in the shop and said he'd drive around every once in a while to check in on me.

The 7th hole has a lower and upper fairway. By the time I got to #7 there was a small river running from the upper fairway to the lower one. I waved at the marshal as he drove by. By the time I finished drives were skipping off the casual water in the fairway.

I walk and carry, so my GoreTex shoes were also tested to the max that day.

I'm headed to Ireland this spring, so I may have a good testing opportunity as well.

Ryan, new york

currently wearing a FJ suit

i live in upstate ny, I’ve played in the rain my whole life - too many to pick a favorite!

Joe

Acworth, Georgia

Adidas raingear. The pants are fine but a bit warm. I find the large jacket too small and XL too large.

Worst rain -- we have a tournament called the hard day's scramble. It's in December, just before Christmas. We use it to collect toys for the underprivileged kids in the neighborhood. The local police collect the toys and give them to the kids. They usually have to rent a few U-Haul trucks. Anyway, this one year, it rained torrents. High winds. You couldn't see the ball on the tee, and it wouldn't stay still in the fairway or on the green. The holes on the greens were full of water -- one hole was cut on a low part of the green, and was surrounded by a 6' wide puddle of water that you had to putt through. 

I did finish my round, as did most others. 

On 2/10/2019 at 9:47 PM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Randall/Arkansas

Sun Mountain

Prestwick, Scotland - steady down-pour, 25 mph wind and 45*. Miserable!

Robyn - Virginia
Nike  
Played in a tropical storm! I was soaked all the way through! It was a tournament though so I couldn't stop until they called us in! 

Jason -Texas

Zero Restriction pants and jackets. 

37degrees 15 mph of wind with spitting rain all day!!!  What in the world was I thinking!!!

Ryan, Colorado

Sun Mountain Elite

36 holes in a bone-soaking, 8-hour downpour at World Woods in Brooksville, FL. 

On 2/11/2019 at 3:47 AM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Ger Spillane handicap 5

Current suit is a gortex sunice 

Actually played in a hurricane back in 2003 on a links course in Ireland 😂

1. First name/home state or province:  Leo/FL
2. Current rain gear:  Patagonia from a decade or more ago
3. Worst rain you've ever played in: Pouring rain at Greystone G&CC in Birmingham, AL.  The 
pro shop sent a Jeep out to bring us in (kicking and screaming)!