Bill, Las Vegas Nevada. Currently use Zero Restriction but very interested in switching to Galway Bay. Worst rain ever was a day at the New Course in St. Andrews.......horizontal rain most of the day. 

Ed / New York
Mizuno Jacket, Puma Pants - don't remember what model(s)
Non stop pouring rain in a tournament. Went through 2 pairs of rain gloves (wish I had 3), umbrellas flying everywhere, tons of standing water and it was late fall so the 50 degree weather felt like 30.. had to dry my clubs out for a good 3 days in the basement after that day.. 

Been a wet winter in so-cal but the rain usually ends when we turn to spring, and we might not see more than 2-3 days of rain until October so I'm going to sit this one out and let those who have to deal with much worse weather provide better insight than I could.

Frank/PA

Nike  - Storm fit

45 degrees and steady downpour.

Edited by fsav

Scott / Northern New York State

Columbia

Horizontal sleet and freezing rain. Didn't want to stop because I was striking the ball much better than usual.  

Josh Francis - Pitt Meadows B.C.

Under Armour Rain Jacket - no pants

Played in 30KM/HR max winds; 18 holes in light to heavy rain on a current basis; have played and will play while snowing in -3

Colm, Ireland (it rains alot here!)

Current Rain-gear: Kartel Rainsuit

Worst Rain-gear: Adams Golf Rainsuit

1. Jon from California but I go to Galway 3 or 4 times a year. So I would love support Galway.
2. Current rain gear - Footjoy Hydrolite jacket and Under Armour rain paints
3. Worst rain - Lahinch in Ireland in 2014. It was side ways rain. It was so bad even the local Irish golfers left and went into the clubhouse for a warm Irish Coffee. On the "Klondike" hole there is a small wooden box with whiskey in it. We definitely drank some of that, but kept on drudging through the rain storm. Damn the sails!!

1.Shannon Minnesota
2. Northface
3. Caddyshack style, without the Lightning.....Last two holes, I was shooting the best round of my life.

Doug

Adidas

East Bay Golf Course - playing with friends, late after noon in August high gust of wind started on the seventh hole after teeing off , black clouds came in then a sheet of rain hail came in, played through to next hole then got to bad then headed to the clubhouse, other times been light rain nothing bad or tell about :)

Alex - Miami

Foot Joy

Worse rain - Too many to speak of. Summers and early Spring in South Florida are quite stormy.

Hello!  My name is Stacy and  I live in the Seattle area...rain gear is a must have, a go-to, an every day part of my golf and I'd love to test your product. I play daily and if not on the course I'm practicing.  I own a pair of Adidas rain pants and a Sun Mountain rain jacket are two different fabrics and provide adequate protection but certainly not ideal as the properties and materials are not same.  If you're looking for an opinion for your ladies "line", I'd love to be selected.  

I have played in absolute downpour at my home course on a weekly basis.  If I waited for clear, blue skies golf would suffer and I'm not about to let that happen! 

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 9.01.14 PM.jpeg

On 2/11/2019 at 3:47 AM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Richard, East Sussex, UK, Sunice jacket and trousers, frozen horizontal rain from the first tee to the last green. 

1. Tony/CA
2. FJ Tour 
3. Most recent 30 (gust 50) mph at Wente Vineyard (best drain course in NorCal) and 30 (gust 45) mph at The Bridges (Superbowl day), the pro shop guys came out, begging us to go in and gave us rain checks!!! LOL...

On 2/10/2019 at 10:47 PM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Bought the pants with linings.   Live in the Northeast PA.   Weather over the last week has been snow high winds and rain.  I wear the pants every day walking my dogs.   They are AWESOME..  So warm and comfortable.   The do not make the usually slushing sound when you walk with them.   The wind yesterday was whipping around 30MPH and I do not feel anything on my legs.   The seams are great, no penetration of air or water.    Just wish I could be playing golf but weather permitting.  LOL..  

Gabe - Michigan

UA jacket and umbrella, lol

Waited all year for my buddies trip and it rained the whole time.  Hard to beat "up north" golf in MI but it def put a damper on the trip.

Geoff, virginia

mixed bag foot joy, mizuno

played outskirts of hurricane rain bands a few times

Rich from Salt Lake City, UT.

I currently have a few different rain gear setups. I use my severe Arteryx GTX jacket in heavy rain and wind. In Utah the weather changes quickly and frequently so I use my Underarmour windstrike jacket when it’s looking like sporadic weather. I don’t currently have any waterproof pants I just “tough it out”.

I’ve played golf in a lot of rain. But the worst was probably my wedding day a few years back. All my guys were ready to quit and I wasn’t about to let them off the hook on my wedding day. It was in June, it was really cold, windy and wet. If I wasn’t working I’d be playing in the cold rain today because my local course just opened back up!

Luke Carter, London UK

Current Gear: Footjoy and Galvin Green

Worst Rain: 50 mph wind rain (sideways) at St Andrews