Eric - PA

Zero Restriction pants and jacket (old pro-am gift)

Worst/craziest conditions were during the Old Course at St. Andrews.  In and out of rain gear 3 times including heavy rain on the first tee and sideways rain in our faces on the Road Hole.

Steve from saratoga, ny

Currently use zero restriction rain gear - waterproof pants, jacket, and short sleeve jacket. The problem with ZR is that it feels like you’re wearing a plastic bag. Also, ZR gets saturated very quickly, which makes it useless. I have played in every severe weather condition imaginable working as a bag boy and caddy at a golf resort during high school and college. 

Name: Donald D- Orlando

Current Raingear: None- I actually don't wear pants. I do have a little fuzz on my tail, but that's more for directional control than warmth

Worst rain I've ever played in: I don't really golf in the rain, but do spend a lot of time in ponds. I really just want these to keep my buns warm Donald's_Golf_Game.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Matt - RI

FootJoy - Older and Oversized

Worst rain I ever played in?  I remember I had an old pair of Dexter Golf Shoes (yeah that long ago) that were filled with water - I ended up taking them off on one hole and playing in Barefoot.  Only positive to that day was that it was at least warm out.   Now a days I cringe when it is going to rain because my rainsuit is older, uncomfortable, hot and oversized and I really don't want to have to wear it.  Most days I will end up not using it and resort to getting soaked.  

1. First name/home state or province: Mike, Vancouver, Wa
2. Current rain gear: Nike Storm-fit Top and bottom
3. Worst rain you've ever played in: Imagine your hovering over your ball while the rain is falling so hard its comparable to launching through the space time continuum, or a night drive in heavy snow fall, but you've locked in your confidence, woooooffff your umbrella gets ripped off your click gear and is trying to qualify for the Olympics flipping 3 ways to Sunday. You retrieve it, setup and spray the ball right. and your buddy suggests getting a beer and a rain check.

Mike / Ontario

Sunice jacket & bucket hat / Zero Restriction gore-tex pants / Footjoy rain gloves

Worst rain I ever played in?  It resulted in the 7th fairway on our course looking like the attached photo.  There is no water on this hole.

I've got a golf trip to Ireland coming up in April... I think this would make for a great opportunity for testing some new rain gear!

20150814_125423.jpg

• Like 1

Fred/WA

Northface

Pinehurst, rain turned to hail, but we kept playing.  I mean it was Pinehurst.

Paul / GA, USA

Nike Rain Pants + FJ short sleeve 1/4 zip top

Jekyll Island 2016, annual golf week  with family members...Waited all year for the event, first day the skies opened and wind cranked up.  We still played and it became one of the more memorable days.

1. Michael/Pennsylvania 
2. Walter Hagen Full Rain Suit (Pants & Zip up Jacket, No hood that has since turned into a pullover since the zipper's stuck!!)
3. Ocean City Golf Trip in April 2016, lucky if it was 40 degrees that day, but 1st golf of the season wasn't going to be stopped by constant mix of Cold Rain & Snow coming off the bay

Leonard-Florida

Proquip rain jacket

Nike rain pants

The first time I played in a really bad weather was in high school. My buddies and I met at the course, it was closed. The rain was so hard that the course was almost flooding. On the greens the balls were floating more than they were rolling. It was probably raining about 3" per hour and I have played twice more when the rain was almost that bad but the first time was more suited for deep sea diving than playing golf

Kyle / Arizona

Sunice Short Sleeve Windbreaker, Neon stripe across the back for style

I live in Phoenix.  I once played on an overcast day with a 10% chance of showers.  It was awful, having to check the forecast incessantly to confirm that my shorts and polo were going to be enough.  I'm happy to report that the squall missed us all together.  That said, I am all set for trips to Ireland and Bandon this year so should have ample opportunity to give a first timers perspective on the merits of quality rain gear.

1. First name/home state or province

-Brian, California
2. Current rain gear 

-Nike HyperShield HyperAdapt rain jacket. 

3. Worst rain you've ever played in

-California golf in straight pouring rain the entire round. About 30-40 deg weather. 

1 minute ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Galway Bay Rain Gear Testers Chosen

Right now, a bunch of us are dealing with a forecast that looks like this:

image.png

And while most golfers look for a forecast like this:

image.png

...four MGS Forum members will be scanning their weather reports, aiming for days like this:

image.png

...and this:

image.png

...but hopefully not this:

image.png

Because while Galway Bay was the Most Wanted rain gear, it still doesn't fend off electricity.

So who are the lucky ducks (that's a pun 😐) who will be splashing around the course to give us their evaluation of this gear?

Congratulations all, and be looking for a PM from me!

Obviously, when we have these testing opportunities, we have hopes that the review product works well for the reviewer. I think we especially hope so in this case. Thanks to these four for risking some misery so that the rest of us get a thorough review!

Sweet I cant wait!!!!

• Like 3

Congrats fellas. Stay dry!!

• Like 1

Congrats guys, looking forward to hearing all about the gear, enjoy the weather.

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Galway Bay Rain Gear Testers Chosen

Right now, a bunch of us are dealing with a forecast that looks like this:

image.png

And while most golfers look for a forecast like this:

image.png

...four MGS Forum members will be scanning their weather reports, aiming for days like this:

image.png

...and this:

image.png

...but hopefully not this:

image.png

Because while Galway Bay was the Most Wanted rain gear, it still doesn't fend off electricity.

So who are the lucky ducks (that's a pun 😐) who will be splashing around the course to give us their evaluation of this gear?

Congratulations all, and be looking for a PM from me!

Obviously, when we have these testing opportunities, we have hopes that the review product works well for the reviewer. I think we especially hope so in this case. Thanks to these four for risking some misery so that the rest of us get a thorough review!

Congrats guys