Jeff from New Hampshire 

i currently have a Linksoul jacket and pant combo

played in steady rain in 25 mph winds at Ballybunion last September...  Everything was wet

Jean-Philippe / Quebec

Sunice Zephal Typhoon jacket / FJ rain pants

I played in a qualifier at Royal Montreal in April 2016. It was 38°F and pouring cold, blistering rain. There was casual water on the greens and bunkers were filled up with water. They finally suspended play when I was on the 15th tee box. Needless to say spring rain is quite something here in Quebec!

Jim/Georgia

currently use Mizuno  rain gear

Worst weather was light hurricane during tournament in south Georgia

Keith, North Carolina

Footjoy

we are +20 in rain for the past year, so last 3 months of play...wet, wet, wet, cold, wet. Many times no place for relief from what they now call temporary water

David

Florida.

Foot Joy rain jacket

The worst rain I ever played in was on the Ailsa Course at Turnberry. The wind wrecked my umbrella, and I gave up on the eighth hole even though I was one under par when my shot was washed off the green by a torrent of water!

Greg/Missouri

Nike HyperAdapt/Proquip Aqua Storm

2 days in a row. Pacific Dunes 11 holes in sideways rain and 20-30 MPH Winds.  Day 2 9 holes on Bandon Dunes 20 mph winds and heavy rain.

Ravi - New York

I use a Mix of rain wear  - Sun Mountain rain paints and Zero Restriction Jacket

Necessity for early season golf in Upstate New York (Buffalo/Rochester area) - see how Senior PGA championship at Oak Hill is, then remember the PGA Championship will be at the same place in a few years.  I've had to use my jacket and pants at Oak Hill the last time the PGA was there.

I've played through downpours numerous times - Boulder Creek (Streetsboro OH) was the worst weather  I remembered but one of the best rounds in the rain.  Downpour after downpour.  feet were drenched by rest of my body was dry.

I'd like to try the Galway Bay pants - if they work, they would end the need to wear multiple layers (golf pants over shorts or regular pants). 

Thanks

Zero Restriction

Raining sideways in every member guest in Ohio since 2007.

I have been looking at Galway Bay rainwear on and off for almost a year.  Just can't get myself to pull the trigger at that price point.  But................if it tests as well as the reviews are, you just might change my mind.

Jeff, Michigan 

currently have Nike pants and use my north face rain jacket 

due to lack of adequate rain gear, I linimit my rain exposure, though I’ve never called it and gone in just because it’s a little wet- if it isn’t coming down on the first tee, I’m committed to finishing the round. That said, the worst I’ve endured is high 30s/ low 40s with a steady 10-15 blowing and a steady shower for about the middle third of the round. Would love to try some proper rain gear. 

11 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Podster, Alberta, Canada

Northface

Nike

Juan Manuel from Spain

Inesis rain jacket and pants

Pouring rain during all the 18 holes in a BMW tournement in Madrid (National Golf Center) some years ago

1. Jacob (Washington, DC) 

2. Columbia rain jacket/regular golf pants or shorts (dry towel in the car)  

3. Played the front 9 at Langston golf course two years ago in an absolute downpour. Had to stop after 9 because puddles were forming on the greens.

I'm also a K9 officer in DC, so I have to get out and walk my partner in the rain all the time. Would be nice to have a great jacket and pants. 

Josh from KS

Nike Storm Fit Pants, Nike TW Rain Top

Oddly enough the worst rain I've ever played in was in Wisconsin. Thornberry Creek Golf Course in Oneida (The official Golf Course of the Green Bay Packers) so all of the rain must've been Aaron Rodgers leftover from another season ending loss. It was the last day of the season so they let us play it out, finished the last 3 holes barefoot in standing water with my rain pants rolled up to my knees. 

1. Jon / South Carolina
2. Columbia brand packable (thin) rain jacket. Not vented (very hot). No pants.
3. Worst rain you've ever played in: Pop-up downpour in St. Augustine, FL during a company tournament. HEAVY Rain for a few holes. ...Then a very saturated/water logged course for the remaining holes. 

Shawn and I am in Cumming Georgia.

current rain gear is Galvin Green, best I’ve used this far!!

worst rain ever played in was 1811 Cup at Belfair GC in Bluffton SC. Rained so hard I couldn’t see the green from 150 yards!!! lol

ken illinois

fj pants

galvin green jacket

35 degrees sideways rain 25mph (somehow shot 85 best round of my life considering conditions)

Mike, South Florida

Footjoy Pro Rain gear

Here in Florida my rain gear never leaves my bag. It can strike at any moment and those are usually very intense. 

Rob, GA

columbia rain coat and rain pants courtesy of the US Army

nothing more than a slight drizzle due to improper rain gear, if it’s cold I layer underneath and look like Randy from A Christmas Story

11 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

David, Georgia

Current gear. I have a mix. Footjoy hydrolite jacket, sun mountain short sleeve, under armour jacket and pants. I have used all kinds of different gear over the years, but have never found the "perfect" item. I have heard about Galway Bay and was really interested in trying their stuff.

I have played in all kinds of rain. We have had some much rain this winter in Georgia that our course has been cart path only since last November.  Fortunately I walk most of the time. I have played in rain where it was so bad that we finally had to stop because of standing water on the greens. I have played in freezing rain until we had to stop because of accumulation on the greens.

Thanks for the opportunity. Please pick me.