Chris Aldridge West Bloomfield, MI 

Adidas Rain Gear. 

Played through a sudden downpour couple of inches in 6 hours

Korey from GA

I alternate between my Foot Joy Rain Gear and my Cutter&Buck Rain Gear, all dependent on the ambient temperature that particular day.

Second Round of the "Winter Blues" tournament held at the course that I play. It was 27* that day, raining sideways with ice/snow mixed in. I had 4 layers of clothing on, but nothing could keep the cold out or keep the rain from running down my back. Not even the Under Armour Cold Gear that I had on underneath my Foot Joy Rain Gear. It made for a very miserable day but managed to finish 2nd. One of the key items that would've made it somewhat better would have been a reliable rain suit that would have kept my dry.... 

11 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

Bud Edmonton

Sunice

35mm sideways rain last June 

Jeff Kansas

Under Armour Storm 

42 degrees, 18mph wind, pouring rain turning to sleet.

Edited by Jeff Macy

Steve/Wisconsin 

Footjoy rain gear

Heavy rain with 30 mph winds at Rum Point GC. 

1. Scotty/Utah
2. Foot Joy Dry Joys
3. During one round of golf experienced heavy downpour, snow, hail and Forest Gump rain (rain that felt like it was coming up from the ground) 

First name/home state or province: Mike Cook, Maryland
Current rain gear : Zero Restriction
Worst rain you've ever played in: Played in a scramble where it literally rained the entire day. Even with good rain gear, I was totally soaked at the end of the day.

Steve r - saratoga ny. 

I have played with zero restriction rain gear since 2008. I have used their rain gear in every severe weather condition imaginable as a member of the golf staff at a golf resort that I worked at during high school and college. 

ZR has worked well, but leaks after a while and isn’t very breathable. 

I currently play 3 times per week...

1. John/Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh)
2. Nike Storm-Fit Jacket and Walter Hagen Rain Pants
3. Started raining from hole 7. By hole 10, it started raining more. On par 3 11th hole, I stuck it on the green about 7 feet below the hole. I didn't have rain gloves so the second glove (I already changed) is soaking wet. When we drive up to the green, it's a downpour. We decide to wait it out under a tree (no lightning) and check the radar. Radar indicated that rain isn't going to let up. About 10 minutes waiting under the tree, the green is submerged in water making it unplayable. Rain won't stop us playing but unplayable course condition did. 

1.  Moe/Maryland

2.  Tourney-Gore Tex

3.  Raining so hard the Pro thought we were crazy!  We were walking and had a ball!!

Ben from Illinois. 

Footjoy dry-joy pants from 2006 I bought used on eBay. Jacket is a no name brand and I’m unsure who made it.  It’s a loud material.

worst rain I’ve played in would be a time we got about 4 inches in 1 hour.  The tourney was called and we could barely get in. Some puddles or steams that got created were over the wheels on the cart flowing over the floor.  We had to lift our feet to avoid them getting wet via water running over floor boards.  

Ive practiced in the rain too.  As long as no lightning and temp is above 69 I’ll play on or go practice.  I’d love to score some newer rain gear.  Mine isn’t exactly water proof but more water resistant.  

Brad in Ohio

Footjoy jacket and pants

Been in or PLAYED in?  Played through hail and freezing rain in early Midwest golf season.  Washed off a course in West Virginia where you couldn't see the fairway from the tee box and the greens had rivers running through them! May have tried it if I would have had GB rain gear! 

Joe from Connecticut

Galvin Green, purchased for 2017 trip to Scotland

Kingsbarns, on that 2017 Scotland trip, pouring rain, steady 20 mph winds, and cold. Trip currently scheduled for Nova Scotia this May, so opportunity to test in near future.

Thanks.

Jeffrey, Manitoba Canada
Footjoy Hydrolite
I've played in all types of rain/snow… unplayable greens (waterlogged) and all…

Kerry from AL

Dicks home brand... sweat a lot in it

Big storm one time in Greenwood, IN .. finally quit due to lightning and couldn't see as the rain was going horizontally on me.. 

Scott/ Virginia

Currently, Galway Bay short sleeved rain jacket or Dryjoy Tour Lite Jacket and ZR rain pant.

Worst weather had to be at Turnberry in Scotland.  Sideways rain (snow flurries) and 45 degrees.

Chris / Michigan

Under Armour Storm3

Freezing rain / downpour in an outing last year in april 

Steve H - Atlanta, GA

FJ Hydrolite and Linksoul (like this new  brand)

Kapalua - 30 mile and hour winds and buckets of rain, no idea how many inches fell that day......

Adam, Nova Scotia

Puma Storm Jacket / Nike Storm Pants

Cabot Cliffs - blistering wind, just above freezing, October rain, aka funnest round ever