Jeff from California

Rain pants from Big 5 and jacket from adidas

Worst rain was a 2 man best ball tournament at Del Monte GC where we agreed with our opponents on proper placement for relief on greens to avoid running water and for shots we would line up and select club from umbrella, drop umbrella and hit, grab umbrella and try to follow ball in same motion.

Matt

Missouri

Walter Hagen

Stroke play tournament, driving rain, water standing everywhere, walked off the 9th green to the car and said no amount of money was worth this water boarding torture! 

TonyG, Texas

Zero Restriction

Golf Tournament. Sponsor didn't want to reschedule, golfers never quit! It wasn't quite Caddy Shack storm but close. Torrential rain, mid 40's and 20 mph wind gusting to 40. Course didn't reopen for 5 days after due to flooding. Get it, it rained a lot.

Clay/Michigan

Footjoy Tour Jacket & Pants.  Ogio half-zip

Cold rain is the worst.  Short Michigan golf seasons result in a willingness to play in some pretty terrible conditions. 

Mark M., Tennessee

Current Gear: Proquip Px5 Stormforce Jacket

Pants: Zero Restriction

Worst rain in Scotland at North Berwick Golf Club West links.  18 holes of hard rain with high winds.  WE WERE WET AND COLD.  I’m curious if Galway Bay could have kept me warm and dry.  I love playing in the rain.  Golf is an outdoor sport. 

11 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!
Gallaway-Bay-1.jpg

Galway Bay Rain Gear

Looked kinda cold and wet out there at Pebble over the weekend, didn't it?

I'd guess staying warm and dry as a spectator would be pretty important, wouldn't you? And never mind the players!

I'd guess a lot of folks tripled up on pants at Pebble - some long johns, regular pants and them some pull-on rain pants. That's three pair of pants (if you count the long johns). Would just one pair of warm, waterproof pants be a better way to go?

That's what Galway Bay thinks, and they say their pants are just the ticket. 

Gallaway-Bay-2.jpg

TESTERS WANTED!

Galway Bay came out of nowhere to tie for top honors in MyGolfSpy's Best Rain Gear testing last year. Our testers loved the fact the rain pants were actual pants, with belt loops, pockets, a zipper -  you know, pants - that were also waterproof. the rain jacket was a top performer as well, with plenty of ease of movement, lightweight and snazzy looking. 

That's what our testers thought, but we want to know what YOU think. That's why we're looking for FOUR of you to test, review and keep a set of Galway Bay rain gear - fitted, waterproof slacks and a rain jacket (valued at a over $470).

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US or Canada who's not averse to playing in a little rain.

Gallaway-Bay-8.jpg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you know, we take our Forum Member testing VERY seriously here at MyGolfSpy, so please read this instructions VERY carefully and apply ONLY in this thread (applying in the Comments section of the blog, while a nice gesture, doesn't count).

To apply, please tell us the following

1. First name/home state or province
2. Current rain gear 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in

We'll be announcing our testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back to see if you've been selected. 

Good luck!

1. Bill / Connecticut
2. Plastic Pants & Jacket (Motorcyclist) 
3. We played during Mathew in Charlotte NC. 

The recent review of the Galway Bay jacket and pants are awesome and equally at a reasonable price point. Since I'm travelling to Galway Bay in June and expecting to wear rain gear (at some point) in Ireland, it would be great to test out the wearability, comfort and waterproofness of the gear.

1. Max/Ontario Canada
2. Misty Mountain
3. May 2018 Toronto at Redcrest Golf Club 

1. First name/home state or province... Mike ...NJ
2. Current rain gear ...   Callaway 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in...Sideways rain near the Jersey Shore...a real nor’easter...we had to hold our umbrellas as side curtains on the cart...

Great site...keep up the testing!

Alan from Maryland.

Almost the rainy season here. Hate to miss around due to a little rain.

Driver and woods-tour edge exs

Ping G-400 hybrids and irons

2 volkey wedges.

All new so i'm anxious to play

1. Jeremy - Ohio
2. Footjoy DryJoy Jacket and Pants (unlined)
3. State sectional tournament, 2001. End of September. Temp was about 40 degrees and the rain started as snow. 

Groh, Jim

FootJoy Jacket and Pants 

Rain, Sleet, High winds, play in any type of weather.  Worst was at Bandon Dunes !

1. Juan / New York
2. IZOD 
3. Worst rain you've ever played in was back in 2006 at Stony Ford in Orange County, NY. It was coming down hard&fast and the greens were flooded. For a 12 foot putt, I had to smack like it a 60 foot putt and I still came up short. Even though the horn sounded, we played as a deciding match in our summer league and neither one of us wanted the match. Of course, when we got back to clubhouse, we were drenched. Our rain gear was only so good. I would love to test this new rain gear from Galway Bay

Chad - Missouri

No real rain gear, just a hodge-podge of water-wicking jackets and pants

Been rained on too many times to count

Casey

Illinois

FJ rain shirt, Walter Hagan jacket, thin Callaway pants

Played thru monsoon for 3-4 holes before being pulled off the course

Scott Minor  Handicap 11.   Play 9 months or more depends on the weather.   Live in the Northeast PA.   Wors conditions were pouring rain at Myrtle beach.   Played 9 holes in the cold and rain.   I had Nike gear that did not do very well.  I did buy your pants and love them.   

Rick - Georgia

Sunice Typhoon Rain Jacket & Under Amour Rain Pants

Word weather was while playing Old Head in Ireland. Squalls coming in off the water, high winds and sideways rain. Luckily only on a few holes.

Craig, PEI, Canada, currently have an Adidas Tour Rain suit, worst rain I played in was in Northern Alberta where clubs flew out of your hands no matter what gloves you were wearing!

1. Brett / Iowa
2. Addidas 🤨
3. Definitely get some steady downpours in Iowa. could barely hold onto the club

As a clothes horse with style I think I can offer some expert opinions about this apparel.

John

Florida

7” of rain in 36 holes at the Old Course at St. Andrew’s