Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
LarrySK

Hello from Brooklyn, New York

(waves hand)

Hi all,

I've been lurking on MGS for about a year and just decided to sign up for a user account.

Most of my golf has been in a simulator during the past 3-4 months as I live in New York but I'm looking forward to getting out soon. I *almost* managed to get out a week ago with a sudden warm weather but work got in the way... Simulators can be really good, though, and I warmly recommend trying one if you haven't. The one I go to has good enough equipment that I tend to believe the numbers (and outcomes) it gives for my swing to be accurate enough and thus it's actually fun to play 18. As a nice bonus it only takes an hour to play a full 18. The downside is that you can't blame a bad lie for that chunked shot...

Anyway, nice to be here!

• Like 1

(waves hand)
Hi all,
I've been lurking on MGS for about a year and just decided to sign up for a user account.
Most of my golf has been in a simulator during the past 3-4 months as I live in New York but I'm looking forward to getting out soon. I *almost* managed to get out a week ago with a sudden warm weather but work got in the way... Simulators can be really good, though, and I warmly recommend trying one if you haven't. The one I go to has good enough equipment that I tend to believe the numbers (and outcomes) it gives for my swing to be accurate enough and thus it's actually fun to play 18. As a nice bonus it only takes an hour to play a full 18. The downside is that you can't blame a bad lie for that chunked shot...
Anyway, nice to be here!

I am curious what courses are in or near Brooklyn. I grew up there but never played golf in NY.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy