TESTERS WANTED! ×

New England: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

MGS New Member Introduction: New England Region

Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I've been here a while but thought I'd jump in to get the conversation started and fill in the blanks for those that know me...

I've been playing regularly about 10 years now.  Around 30 rounds per year; prior to that I played but only about 10-12 times a year.

Being out in nature.  The trees, flowers, birds, grass...everything about it.

I came here searching for some 'best' something-or-other.  Found the site was like a "consumer reports for golf" (i.e. no BS, no sponsors, just the bare naked truth - whether it is a 500.00 driver or a 50 dollar one).  I asked a lot of questions and found some excellent advice from many fine people.
    I didn't know any other spies at the time but I've met some over the years and have played golf with a couple.  Great guys that I enjoy communicating with.

I live in Franklin MA; a suburb about 28 miles west of Boston.
    I don't have a 'home' course per se; I enjoy playing all over and have played in MA, CT, RI and NH.

Best - great golf conditions during the spring/summer/fall; the courses are nice and green, tall trees, great wildlife.
    Worst - the winter season; have to shut it down for about 3-4 months each year....and the weekends; depending on where you go the courses can get really crowded.

I work at Boston University in the Information Services department and I manage/develop/administer the data analytics reporting platform.

It is from a movie I watched a long long time ago starring Burt Reynolds and Loni Anderson.  For some reason I had a huge crush on Loni Anderson as a kid and Stroker was as cool as they come.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I've been playing for about 30 years but really didn't take it too seriously until about 10 years ago.  I am enjoying my longest stretch ever as a single digit 9 handicap.  Main reason I've held the single digit handicap is I haven't played a legit round in about 3 months.

For me it is the friendships made or grown, smack talking with said buddies and it is a really fun game for me to play.

I came here in 2008 when I wanted to play better.  Came across an article about Adams irons, bought them based on that article with great success.  Kept coming back to research what is new kind of things then decided to finally participate as best I could a couple of years ago.  I was fortunate enough to get to play with a couple of Spies in 2018 and hopefully can join them and others moving forward.

I grew up in Kansas but now reside in Rhode Island about 15 minutes from Providence and the beach.  I joined Valley Country Club last year so I guess that makes it my home course for now.

Stroker nailed what is great and what isn't...the weather.  I am fortunate to travel for work and can usually get out a few times over the winter when away or even find a nice day or two in RI during the winter months to go out and play.

I am the CEO for the Americas of a Swiss based company.  Dudes, we have 8 employees in North America so you won't catch me on CNBC breaking down the economy.  I consider myself more of a sales guy than what my title suggests.

My older brothers preferred method of torture.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

OK I'll jump into these waters.

I've been playing "seriously" for around 6 years now, although I only get in maybe 20 rounds per year... and that's a GOOD year. My current handicap is 19... I think.

I love the fact that golf is just me against the course. I used to play a lot of roller & deck hockey and unless you had enough skaters, you really couldn't get a decent game going. But golf? I can stop by the local 9 hole course on my way home from work, meet someone on the first tee, and go have fun. I also love the fact that it's a fun time that I can have with my father and my son at the same time.

MGS's articles and info were always interesting to me and I enjoyed reading them, but the forums weren't really something I engaged with too much until about a year ago. I know a number of posters here from other forums who've made this their home for one reason or another, and when I finally signed up I really enjoyed the level of conversation here. It's almost always civil and the threads all have a point to them. MGS Rob had really encouraged me to get involved, knowing how much I liked interacting with other golfers online, and he was right about how quickly this forum grew on me. It's pretty much my only "spot" now.

I live in Dartmouth, MA and I haven't had a home course since Hawthorne CC closed 3 years ago. It's 2 minutes away from me and every time I drive by the padlocked and neglected gates I sigh. I play a lot at Touisset CC in Swansea, as well as Whaling City Golf Course (decent muni) and Allendale CC (where my son plays on their PGA Jr team).

There's a lot of fantastic courses in this area, I don't have to drive far at all to play a decently priced course that's good for my game. On the downside, almost all of those courses are frozen over or covered in snow for 3-4 months... the joys of New England.

I'm currently the marketing manager for a hardware/software company that makes environment monitoring products. It's a great job, I've been there almost 3 years and I'm still kicking myself for not having left my old job sooner!

My username has been my nickname since freshman year of high school. I've pretty much always used it as my screen name in one for or another since the mid-90's, which is both a good and bad thing I guess 😄

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been playing golf for about 20 years. The past two years is the most I’ve played since being a carefree teenager in the summer. I shoot mid to high eighties and have not had an official handicap for 10+ years 

2. What do you love about golf?                        I love that golf is both a social and individual game to me. I am competing against myself and can spend some alone time practicing but can also play a round with some buddies and catch up and have some laughs.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?                   I came here after Googling “how to determine your putting stroke”. I am also looking for a Boston area league to join as I am new to the city. I do not know any other spies.  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?                                              I live in Boston, I grew up on the Northshore. I do not have a home course yet.                   

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?                         The best things about golf are some of the older, classicly designed courses with tight fairways and small greens. The worse is the golf season is short and every February I catch an incurable golf bug which is what drew me to this site!

6.  What do you do for a living?                         I do data and analytics for a software company.

7. How’d you pick your user name?             I go by Paddy and I’m living in a Boston, wicked simple, I just combined the two.

Love how you guys set this up!!!!

Been playing since graduating college in 1982 (was bored, needed something to do for fun). Gave it up from 1990 to 2007 due to kids, really starting playing seriously again then.  Handicap is around 6, but I didn't post or play much last year due to work, so in reality the game is closer to a 10 or 11 right now. 

It's never the same adventure twice, and you get to meet some pretty cool people. Prefer walking with a pushcart than riding, and I travel a lot for work so I will bring clubs with me from time to time and play in different parts of the country. 

Been here since 2011 or so - was looking for club reviews and wound up here, and eventually becoming a staff writer for the blog.

Born/raised in Harvard, MA - lived in Leominster MA before moving to Minnesota for 22 years (I lost a bet). Moved back to New England last year, setting up shop in Exeter, NH.

Lots of good courses to choose from throughout New England, especially a bunch of courses I learned to play on years ago - it's good to be home. Winter, however, sucks - but I'm used to that from my Minnesota exile. 

Technical trainer for Taco Comfort Solutions in Cranston, Rhode Island. 

Company I used to work for set up email addresses using your last name and first two letters of your first name. It kinda stuck. 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

1.. Been playing for about 50 years/ 11-12 handicap      2. Just love the game, itself. Competition and camaderie.   3. Enjoy the back and forth conversations. Some very interesting reading.    4. Dudly Ma.   Dudley Hill Golf Course and Raceway Golf Course in Ct.  Melody Hill in R.I.     5. Variety of different courses. WINTER !!!!!!!     6. Groundskeeper at local Insurance Company.      7.  I didn't, my mother did.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

Anyone going to the New England Golf Expo in Boston this weekend? I'm gonna hit it on Sunday....

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Anyone going to the New England Golf Expo in Boston this weekend? I'm gonna hit it on Sunday....

Yep I think I’m going to check it out with my twins on Sunday. Never been to a show like this so it could be cool....for me at least! Let me know if you’d like to try to connect for a quick handshake and hello? It would be nice to put a face with the name.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

23 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Yep I think I’m going to check it out with my twins on Sunday. Never been to a show like this so it could be cool....for me at least! Let me know if you’d like to try to connect for a quick handshake and hello? It would be nice to put a face with the name.

I'll send a PM with contact info -- be good to say hello!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

I'll send a PM with contact info -- be good to say hello!

Let me get in on the action.... hopefully we can all meet up.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

7 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Let me get in on the action.... hopefully we can all meet up.

I'll be there around 2ish on Sunday.  Let me know when you plan on being there?

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

10 hours ago, Wedgie said:

I'll be there around 2ish on Sunday.  Let me know when you plan on being there?

Will do!  Need to check with the Mrs.... my 11 year old turns 12 on Monday so we might be doing something on Sunday.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

I've been playing golf for almost 2 years now. I was a college athlete with some hand eye coordination and have progressed rather quickly. I am currently playing off 11 but trending downwards.

2.What do you love about golf?

Golf is my get away.  There is nothing more peaceful than you  and the course.  I enjoy the competitive aspect of it and love to challenge myself to get better and progress.

I don't know any other spies.  I am brought to MyGolfSpy because of the unbiased reviews.  They are largely how I purchased my first set of equipment as a beginner. I had no knowledge of the game and relied on them to make good choices and I was thoroughly impressed by their opinions matching mine so closely.  

I am from Pittsfield, MA.  I am a member at both Taconic Country Club in Williamstown and Berkshire Hills Country Club in Pittsfield

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region

The best thing about golf in my area is golfing in the fall.  The views are breathtaking, and depending on the weather the courses are in pristine shape.  The worst thing about golf in my area is the wet and muddy springs that restrict the early season play.

I am in the Accounting Technology Industry.

It is my email...lol

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

My dad put a club in my at the age of the five and I never looked back. I quite baseball in 7th grade played golf in high school and in college. Been playing competitively for 11 years and my current handicap is a 1.5.  

What do you love about golf?

What I love about golf is that every day is different and will never be the same. Being outside navigating the golf course on a beautiful day, there is nothing like it. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I have been using MyGolfSpy to check out what other people have to say about different topics but I never really got into voicing what I have to say. I currently don't know any other golfers that are blogging about their ideas.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am from Rutland VT, and my home course is Rutland Country Club and Proctor Pittsford Country Club. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Living in the northeast has its challenges with winter being so long but makes the summer golf totally worth. So many mountain courses and elevation changes through out the round you always have to be on your toes about making the right club selection. Being from Vermont makes traveling the country an eye opening experience. Any opportunity to travel to play golf sign me up. 

What do you do for a living?

I am currently an assistant superintendent at a small 9 hole course out on Lake bomoseen. 

How’d you pick your user name?

I picked my user name because its fits really well on this platform and its how I would like to introduce my self to the golf would. 

Edited by JustinDel_Golf

Ping G400 LST 10 degree, Project X hzrdus yellow 76g x-stiff 

Ping G400 5 wood 17.5 degree, Project X hzrdus yellow 76g x-stiff

Ping iBlades 3-PW DG X-100 standard length and Black Dot 

Ping Glide 2.0 wedges 50-54-58 DG tour issues S400 

Ping Sigma G Tyne 34" putter

Titleist Pro V1 

Titleist Dry joys and Pro SL shoes 

Left-handed 

Rutland, VT 

Handicap - 1.5 

My dad put a club in my at the age of the five and I never looked back. I quite baseball in 7th grade played golf in high school and in college. Been playing competitively for 11 years and my current handicap is a 1.5.  

What I love about golf is that every day is different and will never be the same. Being outside navigating the golf course on a beautiful day, there is nothing like it. 

I have been using MyGolfSpy to check out what other people have to say about different topics but I never really got into voicing what I have to say. I currently don't know any other golfers that are blogging about their ideas.

I am from Rutland VT, and my home course is Rutland Country Club and Proctor Pittsford Country Club. 

Living in the northeast has its challenges with winter being so long but makes the summer golf totally worth. So many mountain courses and elevation changes through out the round you always have to be on your toes about making the right club selection. Being from Vermont makes traveling the country an eye opening experience. Any opportunity to travel to play golf sign me up. 

I am currently an assistant superintendent at a small 9 hole course out on Lake bomoseen. 

I picked my user name because its fits really well on this platform and its how I would like to introduce my self to the golf would. 

Welcome aboard! I hope you decide to engage as often as you can. I’d love to hear more about some good mountain courses in VT.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I don’t necessarily belong in here since I live in PA but I notice some of you live close to my in-laws. We go up to Mass a lot and my in-laws live in Norwell, so hopefully I cam get out with some of you next time we’re up!

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

I don’t necessarily belong in here since I live in PA but I notice some of you live close to my in-laws. We go up to Mass a lot and my in-laws live in Norwell, so hopefully I cam get out with some of you next time we’re up!

I’m game. Norwell is only about an hour from me. Let me know when you are in the area.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I’m game. Norwell is only about an hour from me. Let me know when you are in the area.

Nice! See you’re in Providence. We drive by Providence Place every time we go up there haha. But I’ll definitely let you know the next time we’re up!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

I've been playing regularly since 2009; took to years off during my Iraq/Afghanistan deployments.
     My handicap currently is 16.4. On an excellent day I will shoot 82 on a horrendous day I will shoot 100

The challenge; golf is a surprise every time I go and play. Sometimes it feels like I picked up a club for the first time. I also enjoy meeting new people and making friends.

Reviews backed up by data.

I live in the Waterbury, CT area. The courses I play the most are Sterling Farms in Stamford and Richter Park in Danbury.

Best- generally good conditions and plenty of places to play, also the prices are affordable.
    The Worst is the winter.

I work for the federal government.

It’s my name.

Driver Cobra F9 10°

3 Wood Cobra F9 14.5° 

5 Wood Cobra F9 18.5 

4 Hybrid Cobra f7 22°

5-PW Bridgestone J15 CB 

Wedges 50°, 54°, 58° Ping Glide 2.0

On 3/1/2019 at 11:50 AM, Ndisanti44 said:

I am from Pittsfield, MA.  I am a member at both Taconic Country Club in Williamstown and Berkshire Hills Country Club in Pittsfield

I've been dying to play Taconic for years - maybe this summer. Just purchased a foursome at Crumpin-Fox in Bernardston - will be hitting that sometime this spring/summer. 

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Hey Golf Spies,

Bryan from outside of Boston here.  I grew up about 45 minutes west of Boston, went to school just outside the city, lived there for a few years, and now am back about 45 minutes away, almost right between Boston and Providence.

Long time lurker here, finally setting up an account.  Before I get started, I'd like to thank GolfSpy for the testing and reviews/analysis that they do.  It is awesome to get into those details without the marketing fluff from all of the OEMs.

I have been playing golf for as long as I can remember.  I learned to play with my dad on a little executive 9-hole course that is unfortunately now closed.  (Pine Acres in Bellingham).  Since I graduated for College my game has gotten consistently better and I am currently down to an 8.9, hoping to drop even lower this year.  My personal best was a 75 as Wentworth Hills Country Club.  Twice I have scored 4 birdies in a 5 hole stretch, and I also scored an Albatross on the par 5 9th hole at Shining Rock during league play last season! 

I love the challenge the game brings both physically and mentally.  The battle between playing against the course and my own weaknesses on the course and against other players in match play.  I love being outside and enjoying nature, as well as the camaraderie and back and fourth banter between my playing mates.  We all want to win, and get better every time we play, but we also have fun and can laugh at our bad shots too.

I have been on this site for reviews and forum threads in the past, but never had made a page for myself.  I don't know that I know any other Spies, but then we wouldn't be Spies right?! I love the no-nonsense approach of the analysis and reviews done here, and appreciate how they make the technical work they do and write it so that it is digestible by someone without an engineering degree.

I currently live in Bellingham, MA and play most frequently as Shining Rock in Northbridge as that is where my league meets.

Best is the variation of playing conditions and scenery between the seasons and styles of courses around.  We have every style of course imaginable and the fall foliage creates a beautiful and serene backdrop for late season play.  The winter is of course the #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6th worst things about golf in New England.  But you knew that already.  #7 is probably cost.

I am a financial analyst for a large software company HQ'd in MA.

Pretty simple really, B for Bryan Boston for my states Capital.  I use it whenever it's not taken.

I know everyone loves to share photos, here are a few of mine from the past season.  Please note neither of those swings are mine, so you can critique them all you want and won't hurt my feelings! 

IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2327.JPG

IMG_2459.jpg

IMG_2462.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2476.JPG

IMG_4149.JPG

IMG_4418.JPG

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

20 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Hey Golf Spies,

Bryan from outside of Boston here.  I grew up about 45 minutes west of Boston, went to school just outside the city, lived there for a few years, and now am back about 45 minutes away, almost right between Boston and Providence.

Long time lurker here, finally setting up an account.  Before I get started, I'd like to thank GolfSpy for the testing and reviews/analysis that they do.  It is awesome to get into those details without the marketing fluff from all of the OEMs.

Welcome aboard!  I live next door in Franklin.... pics look like Pinehills and Granite Links?

I play mostly west of 495 and usually go southward also.  
Connecticut National
Blissful Meadows
Blackstone National

got a buddy who was born/raised in RI and lives in Franklin so we head down there sometimes.  Some good courses that way!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

43 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Welcome aboard!  I live next door in Franklin.... pics look like Pinehills and Granite Links?

I play mostly west of 495 and usually go southward also.  
Connecticut National
Blissful Meadows
Blackstone National

got a buddy who was born/raised in RI and lives in Franklin so we head down there sometimes.  Some good courses that way!

Thanks, Yes those were mostly Pinehills and Granite.  One of Widows Walk (the overcooked iron) and one at Point Sebago (the driver swing).  Blissful may be my favorite course.  Although the Jones course was pretty amazing.  Blackstone is in my top 10 tracks too.  I played Connecticut national one time and liked it.  I grew up in Milford so played a lot of the area courses growing up. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Hey Everyone. 

I've been following MGS for a long time and have been meaning to get more active on the boards for almost just as long. This year is the year.

I don't have a cool signature or an badges, but I want them:)

I've been really playing now for 7 years. Last year was my 1st with a HC and I ended the season as an 11.1. I shot a low of 78 (Career Best) and a high of 99. Worth noting I shot 99 the day before I shot 78, all on the same course. I'm typically shooting in the mid-high 80's to low 90's

Is "everything" an acceptable answer? I consume all things golf. I love the challenge, I love simplicity and complexity of it. I love that I can be absolutely anti-social, totally independent, and then also be my happiest being part of a big group of obnoxious fools just out to escape for a few hours.

I do not "know" any Spies. I've been reading and listening, and watching content on here for years and always told myself I'd enjoy getting more involved.

I live in Central MA, near Worcester. My home course was Juniper Hill but instead of renewing my HC there I joined the Veterans Golf Association and now my "Home Course" is a VGA Admin Club through the Carolina Golf Association. Very unorthodox, but as a veteran I wanted to see what the organization was all about.

The worst by far is the weather. Golf is seasonal here and winter is such a bummer.We have a lot of decent courses to play for not all that much money. Couple dog tracks here and there, which serve their purpose, but some really well-kept places for around $70 on the weekends. Not a lack for places to play, when Mother Nature allows it.

I work as an extension of Biotech and Pharma Industry. More or less as a support piece helping to manage the careers of the folks who are working to develop therapies& treatments for patients who need them.

I put some time into Youtube channel called MadDad a little while back. It never amounted to anything, I basically just complained about everyday stuff and only my family and some friends subscribed, but the name kind of stuck.. 

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 w/Ping tour 75 S

:srixon-small: f85 3w+ 13.5d w/HZRDS HC Yellow 6.5 (76g)

:srixon-small: h85 3h 19d w/HZRDS Black 6 (85g)

:srixon-small: u65 23d w/Miyazaka Kaula 7u S 73g

:srixon-small: z565 5-6 w/KBS Tour FLT 120 S

:srixon-small: z765 7-P w/KBS Tour FLT 120 S

:cleveland-small: RTX3-CB 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small: O-Works 2w

On 3/5/2019 at 1:03 PM, B.Boston said:

Hey Golf Spies,

I have been playing golf for as long as I can remember.  I learned to play with my dad on a little executive 9-hole course that is unfortunately now closed.  (Pine Acres in Bellingham).  Since I graduated for College my game has gotten consistently better and I am currently down to an 8.9, hoping to drop even lower this year.  My personal best was a 75 as Wentworth Hills Country Club.  Twice I have scored 4 birdies in a 5 hole stretch, and I also scored an Albatross on the par 5 9th hole at Shining Rock during league play last season! 

Live in Millbury and play at Shining Rock often. I probably play there, Highfields in Grafton, and Blackstone the most. Blissful is almost always my first round of the year because it opens a little sooner than those other places.

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 w/Ping tour 75 S

:srixon-small: f85 3w+ 13.5d w/HZRDS HC Yellow 6.5 (76g)

:srixon-small: h85 3h 19d w/HZRDS Black 6 (85g)

:srixon-small: u65 23d w/Miyazaka Kaula 7u S 73g

:srixon-small: z565 5-6 w/KBS Tour FLT 120 S

:srixon-small: z765 7-P w/KBS Tour FLT 120 S

:cleveland-small: RTX3-CB 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small: O-Works 2w

Live in Millbury and play at Shining Rock often. I probably play there, Highfields in Grafton, and Blackstone the most. Blissful is almost always my first round of the year because it opens a little sooner than those other places.

I enjoy Highfields and play there a couple times a year. Played Blackstone without a GPS or laser and it was a mess. Shining Rock was great until I chipped a wedge hitting out of a bunker with a boulder under the sand.

This thread is great and hopefully the NE guys can get together at some point.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

39 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

I enjoy Highfields and play there a couple times a year. Played Blackstone without a GPS or laser and it was a mess. Shining Rock was great until I chipped a wedge hitting out of a bunker with a boulder under the sand.

This thread is great and hopefully the NE guys can get together at some point.

Count me in boys! I live in NH but travel to Cranston regularly - have played Blackstone several times, Blissful Meadows once (with Stroker), New England CC and a bunch others - learned to play at Stow Acres in the 80's, also play Red Tail, Shaker Hills, Westminster CC and many more. 

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Where in NH? Me and another new (and probably not as vocal) member here are planning a trip in June. His brother has access to a house in Meredith so we’re planning to play 4 rounds in two days.

Have you (or anyone else here) played any of these:

-Ridgewood Country Club
-Indian Mound Golf Club
-North Conway Country Club
-Wentworth Country Club

Seems like those are the best options near us. Any other suggestions you guys have is awesome too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Where in NH? Me and another new (and probably not as vocal) member here are planning a trip in June. His brother has access to a house in Meredith so we’re planning to play 4 rounds in two days.

Have you (or anyone else here) played any of these:

-Ridgewood Country Club
-Indian Mound Golf Club
-North Conway Country Club
-Wentworth Country Club

Seems like those are the best options near us. Any other suggestions you guys have is awesome too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in Exeter, near the Seacoast. Play most of my golf at Breakfast Hill in Greenland. Considered joining Abenaqui in Rye, but with travel not sure if it would be worth it. Played at Pease in Portsmouth a couple of times - not a favorite. Like Atkinson a lot, too. 

Only been here a year. Lived in Minnesota for the previous 22 years - in Leominster and Harvard MA before that.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo