TESTERS WANTED! ×

New England: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

21 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Let me know what they say. I’m going to try to play Saturday afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Just called and they said it starts at 10.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

On 3/23/2019 at 10:03 PM, BostonPaddy said:

My routine group is split between Boston and Hartford now so we end up at Highfields or Shining Rock or others in that area because it is a middle point. I would be interested if anyone from here got together there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My home turf, so I'd be up for that as well

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 w/Ping tour 75 S

:srixon-small: f85 3w+ 13.5d w/HZRDS HC Yellow 6.5 (76g)

:srixon-small: h85 3h 19d w/HZRDS Black 6 (85g)

:srixon-small: u65 23d w/Miyazaka Kaula 7u S 73g

:srixon-small: z565 5-6 w/KBS Tour FLT 120 S

:srixon-small: z765 7-P w/KBS Tour FLT 120 S

:cleveland-small: RTX3-CB 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small: O-Works 2w

On 3/22/2019 at 12:20 PM, MadDad said:

Thanks, I think it's called the Raceway golf club? I did a little reading online, not much info, looked okay. I'm just really looking forward to getting out there and knocking some of the rust off.

Played predictably on Sunday... Raceway Golf in Thompson, CT. It likely slots somewhere in the "good value" category in it's peak form.

Sunday however was not "peak" on a number of counts, which was to be expected. Some of greens were frozen solid, and fairways were mostly heaved and flooded, depending on which holes got the most sun.

Lost  1 ball on a bad swing, lost 3 others on drives right down the pipe that completely disappeared into the ground.

I'm curious to go back to see the course in good shape though, decent design.

1st round of the year in the books 51 on the front, 41 on the back. Swing on the last 7 holes felt awesome, so hopefully I have some good momentum going forward.

Anyone getting out this weekend?

Golfer's Warehouse is having their Expo Fri - Sun 4/5-4/7 and is offering ***FREE*** fittings from a number of different manufacturers.

GOLFERS' WAREHOUSE GOLF EXPO
Golfers' Warehouse Golf Expo! April 5-7th, 2019
At All Golfers' Warehouse Locations!
Auburn • Hartford • Danvers • Cranston • Braintree
OUR BIGGEST DEMO EVENT OF THE YEAR!
Free fittings by these Vendors:
Callaway Golf • Taylormade Golf • Cobra Golf • Wilson Golf • Ping Golf • Honma Golf • Titleist • Mizuno Golf • Srixon/Cleveland Golf/ Xxio Golf • Odyssey Golf • Bridgestone Golf
Trade-in your old golf clubs for 50% Bonus Credit towards new clubs Plus* Exclusive Deals throughout the store!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Golfer's Warehouse is having their Expo Fri - Sun 4/5-4/7 and is offering ***FREE*** fittings from a number of different manufacturers.

GOLFERS' WAREHOUSE GOLF EXPO Golfers' Warehouse Golf Expo! April 5-7th, 2019
At All Golfers' Warehouse Locations!
Auburn • Hartford • Danvers • Cranston • Braintree
OUR BIGGEST DEMO EVENT OF THE YEAR!
Free fittings by these Vendors:
Callaway Golf • Taylormade Golf • Cobra Golf • Wilson Golf • Ping Golf • Honma Golf • Titleist • Mizuno Golf • Srixon/Cleveland Golf/ Xxio Golf • Odyssey Golf • Bridgestone Golf
Trade-in your old golf clubs for 50% Bonus Credit towards new clubs Plus* Exclusive Deals throughout the store!

I don’t need anything! I don’t need anything! I don’t need anything!

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

First round of the season booked - This Saturday morning at Red Tail. Cannot wait!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

First round of the season booked - This Saturday morning at Red Tail. Cannot wait!!

Let us know how it looks! Hit ‘em straight!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I’ve been playing since 2012.

What do you love about golf?

I enjoy getting outside for the sunshine and fresh air. I love competing against myself and seeing the improvements.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Been getting more into golf the last six months, way past just a casual hobby now.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I’m from Draper, UT, a suburb of Salt Lake City, about 15 miles south of SLC. My home course is South Mountain Golf Course.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best thing is the views of the mountains from just about any golf course in the area. The worst thing is winters. We get a lot of snow so if I want to play a course in winter I have to drive at least four hours south to get out of the snow.

What do you do for a living?

I work in customer support.

How’d you pick your user name?

Golf fan, just obsessed with it. If I’m not playing on the weekends then I’m watching it on tv, or hitting in my indoor golf simulator.

3 hours ago, golffan said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I’ve been playing since 2012.

What do you love about golf?

I enjoy getting outside for the sunshine and fresh air. I love competing against myself and seeing the improvements.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Been getting more into golf the last six months, way past just a casual hobby now.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I’m from Draper, UT, a suburb of Salt Lake City, about 15 miles south of SLC. My home course is South Mountain Golf Course.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best thing is the views of the mountains from just about any golf course in the area. The worst thing is winters. We get a lot of snow so if I want to play a course in winter I have to drive at least four hours south to get out of the snow.

What do you do for a living?

I work in customer support.

How’d you pick your user name?

Golf fan, just obsessed with it. If I’m not playing on the weekends then I’m watching it on tv, or hitting in my indoor golf simulator.

Welcome Golffan you picked a great golf forum. Glad you're here and looking forward to your comments. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

General comment I find to be interesting, and pretty awesome... I don't think I've seen a single signature that doesn't include PING somewhere....

5 minutes ago, MadDad said:

General comment I find to be interesting, and pretty awesome... I don't think I've seen a single signature that doesn't include PING somewhere....

Sorry to bust the trend.  I just dropped my Ping putter and updated my signature.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

4 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Sorry to bust the trend.  I just dropped my Ping putter and updated my signature.

And just like that... the bubble has burst. Thanks Wedgie 😡

And just like that... the bubble has burst. Thanks Wedgie 

Don’t worry. You can’t stay away from PING for too long... he will be back! Haha

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone I started golfing at the age of 12 with my father at a little par 3 course near our house. The love for the game grew from there and I ended up playing on my high school golf team. My game has taken a hit now that I have 2 kids and a job, but I still try to get out there. I currently shoot in the 80s.

I love the constant improvement golf offers you. There are those perfect shots that keep you coming back, but always room for a better round next time.

I found the site when looking for a new set of irons (I ended up with the Ping I500s). As a data person I loved the approach to the testing even if as a golf I am much more of a feel person. Since then I have been coming back for the same great analysis.

I live in Northern New Hampshire and try to play a variety of courses. Its fun to see new angles and designs.

The worst thing is obviously the winters that make you close up shop for months but there is nothing like the first fall colors on a course before there are too many leave to find your ball anymore.

I work as a data analyst hoping to get more into data science soon

Closest to my name that was still available

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

On 2/11/2019 at 5:11 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: New England Region

Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

Played playing golf for 30years. My USGA is 5.3

I like being outdoors.

I'm here, because I'm just wondering what golfspy is all about.

I love in Hatfield,Massachusetts. I am a member of Amherst golf club.

Best and worst thing  about golf in my area. It's all good.

Recently retired, I'm golfing please hurry up.

Tried and true by fire titlist clubs balls, odessy white hot.

Edited by lef2wander

• 3 weeks later...

Hey fellas, new here... converted over to this forum by my buddy Mr.Hicksta.  Looking forward to taking part in everything that goes on here.  I’m a new member up at Butterbrook Golf Club in Westford, MA.  I’m an assistant golf coach for a high school golf program where I’m also a faculty member.  It’s amazing just being around any aspect of the game.

Hey fellas, new here... converted over to this forum by my buddy Mr.Hicksta.  Looking forward to taking part in everything that goes on here.  I’m a new member up at Butterbrook Golf Club in Westford, MA.  I’m an assistant golf coach for a high school golf program where I’m also a faculty member.  It’s amazing just being around any aspect of the game.

Hello and welcome! I love Westford, well, my kids love the mini golf and ice cream at Kimball Farm. I’m glad Mr. Hicksta dragged you along.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Welcome!

I live in Bellingham but commute to Lowell daily so I drive right by your neck of the woods. Some nice courses up that way!

15 hours ago, DDBowdoin said:

Welcome aboard! 😀

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

League play at shining rock in Northbridge was good today. Some sun for a change!! Greens still have some holes in them, but we’re getting there.

This is my partner on the par 5 13th hole. It’s a narrow, up hill hole. But reachable in two for many from the whites (where our league plays).

B43DFE30-ECDF-443C-B268-FC37DE7236AF.jpg

Had the privilege of playing Kittansett today... absolutely amazing experience.

IMG_5787.thumb.jpg.e789959d33f0bc831d361f4e44c3cf2c.jpgIMG_5767.thumb.jpg.a3d321c20c995613452f4bb6dda7ad55.jpgIMG_5781.thumb.jpg.7045ab593f3540e669502540404fff74.jpg

One of my favorite courses!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

17 hours ago, B.Boston said:

League play at shining rock in Northbridge was good today. Some sun for a change!! Greens still have some holes in them, but we’re getting there.

This is my partner on the par 5 13th hole. It’s a narrow, up hill hole. But reachable in two for many from the whites (where our league plays).

B43DFE30-ECDF-443C-B268-FC37DE7236AF.jpg

I like that hole.... if you can place it next to that far bunker out there you have a good shot into the green and a good chance for birdie!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

I like that hole.... if you can place it next to that far bunker out there you have a good shot into the green and a good chance for birdie!

Yup. I’m usually debating if I should hit driver and go for the top of the hill by the two bunkers or lay back with a hybrid to ensure a flat lie on the second shot. I’ve been on that hill a lot and it makes for some interesting approach shots.

First time poster, but longtime reader all. Thank you for the great content and forums. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? about 8 years, with a few years off after the birth of my little one; What’s your handicap or normal score? Index is 18

2. What do you love about golf? What's not to love....The mental challenge, the difference the right clubs and ball can make, the people I've met while learning the game, and getting my butt kicked every time I go out there

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I've loved the site for a long time, but just haven't gotten the change to engage on the forums, and become an active member here; Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know a single other spy sadly

4. Where are you from? I'm from NY; What is your home course? My home course is a private course here in lower Fairfield County, CT.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Land is hard to come by, so you find tighter fairways and more challenging golf courses (which I like!), vs. the places where land is more affordable (as is the golf)

6. What do you do for a living? I'm in cybersecurity and risk management field

7. How’d you pick your user name? I play forged Apex CF19s, and just love the feel of connectedness they give me with the shot.

Looking forward to meeting so many of you, and all that these forums have to offer. 

First time poster, but longtime reader all. Thank you for the great content and forums. 
  1. How long have you been playing golf? about 8 years, with a few years off after the birth of my little one; What’s your handicap or normal score? Index is 18

2. What do you love about golf? What's not to love....The mental challenge, the difference the right clubs and ball can make, the people I've met while learning the game, and getting my butt kicked every time I go out there

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I've loved the site for a long time, but just haven't gotten the change to engage on the forums, and become an active member here; Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know a single other spy sadly

4. Where are you from? I'm from NY; What is your home course? My home course is a private course here in lower Fairfield County, CT.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Land is hard to come by, so you find tighter fairways and more challenging golf courses (which I like!), vs. the places where land is more affordable (as is the golf)

6. What do you do for a living? I'm in cybersecurity and risk management field

7. How’d you pick your user name? I play forged Apex CF19s, and just love the feel of connectedness they give me with the shot.

Looking forward to meeting so many of you, and all that these forums have to offer. 

Welcome! I have some college friends that grew up in the Wilton and Weston areas. Never played any of the courses down that way though.

1. Ive played since i Was a kid but only really rseriously for the last 4-5 seasons when I finally joined a club. 

2. What do you love about golf?

1. I love being outside, separating from my phone and challenging myself with different shots. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

1. I have recently found the site while doing some research for a new driver so I enjoy the feedback and research that the site provides. 

1. I am from West boylston MA and play at Worcester Country Club

1. There are a thick cluster of good courses in the worcester area that all have their own unique flavors and designs. Once the weather turns it tends to be green, fast and beautiiful conditions for golf. 

2. The worst is the weather. We are generally off the course from early November until mid/late April and then faced with rain most of the spring which isn't the worst but it makes you antsy to get out and play. 

1. I work in finance

1. First initial last name. Iwasn't feeling too creative

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 11:50 AM, Ndisanti44 said:

I've played since I was thirteen. I learned to play at Middleton par 3 in Middleton, Massachusetts.  It was a lovely little course, but sadly, it closed its gates this spring. I'm in the elevens these days, but I'm 52 so that doesn't figure to get a lot better!

2.What do you love about golf?

I'm not an outdoor person by nature but golf provides a very civilized outdoor setting that I enjoy.   I enjoy the setting and the social aspects the most, but the right stimulation can get me competitive as well.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy.

I played with an older friend that you folks apparently know as Nifty Niblick.  "Nifty" can't play anymore because of physical issues, but he told me that this forum was much nicer than others that we've both been on.

I'm from Massachusetts originally but have retired in Southern New Hampshire. I play at Merrimack in Methuen, Massachusetts and Wentworth-by-the Sea in New Castle, New Hampshire.

The season being too short is a bad thing.  Courses, both private clubs and  open to the public are plentiful, however. Even though a few have closed, we have lots of them in the immediate area.  And because there are so many, you can just walk onto many of the public ones.

I retired at age fifty. I owned a bakery and a restaurant. The kids had no interest in them.

The "Rocker" part is facetious. The "Juniper" part is a local reference.

Edited by JuniperRocker

Played maplegate Friday. Shocked to say the greens were in good shape and the course was good overall.

I live about 3 miles from the course so I’ve been saddened by its poor upkeep over the past several years.

New management and a new head greenskeeper (from when Glenn Ellen closed) has shown some serious improvements.

They still have a way to go, but it was a good enough to get me to go back again.

19368FFD-AAE1-426F-B758-EE25DB987F65.jpg
*not me hitting

IMG_4683.jpg

IMG_4688.jpg

IMG_4686.jpg
*also not me hitting