TESTERS WANTED! ×

New England: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Good afternoon all!  Thought it was about time to introduce myself and start participating here!  Really hoping to meet some fellow locals and start to expand my network of folks to play with!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
-I've been playing for two full years.  Got the golf itch in 2017 but didn't do much about it.  In the late winter/early spring of '18, I started hitting the driving range on a weekly basis, and started to play some local 9-hole spots once the weather got nice.  Since then, I've gotten more and more excited about the game, and play as often as I can.  Over last season I was averaging scores in the mid-90s.  I've taken several lessons, and have been working obsessively on my putting this offseason, but am really hoping to take a big step forward this coming spring and will probably rededicate myself to some lessons.

2. What do you love about golf?
-What don't I love about golf!!? I love the self-competitive aspect; the healthy ability to push myself constantly to get better.  I love the strategy of playing the game, especially when I'm hitting the ball well.  I love being on the course, being outside, meeting fellow golfers on the course, geeking out over equipment.  It's an amazing game and I'm thankful to have found it.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
-I always have a tendency to be a bit of an equipment nerd when I'm taking on a new hobby.  Golf was no different, but finding MGS gave me an outlet to learn about equipment with a statistical mindset that speaks to my personality.  I don't know any other Spies, but I share the website every chance I get!!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
-I'm from Upton, MA (right next to Hopkinton, where the Boston Marathon starts).  My home course is Shining Rock Golf Club, where I'm a weekday member.  I also play quite often at Juniper Hill in Northborough, and Sandy Burr in Wayland.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
-Best is the number of beautiful summer days we have to play where the temperature isn't oppressive!  Love the fall foliage as well. The tough part is that the season is fairly short, so I get a little golf crazy in the winter.

6. What do you do for a living?
I'm an investment actuary by trade. I work on large corporate retirement plans for a large consulting firm in Boston.  I'm a huge numbers guy.

7. How’d you pick your user name?
-Not sure how I picked my username, but I've been using it for online forums for ages. Obviously there's a Matrix connection, but I can't even remember the last time I saw that movie...

Driver:   :cobra-small: Speedzone Xtreme 10.5* ... MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 (s)
Fw woods: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback 14.5*/18.5* ... Fujikura Atmos Blue 7 (s)
Hybrids:   :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback One Length 4hy/5hy ... Fujikura ATMOS 7 ONE Length (s)
Irons:    6-Gw :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal ... Aerotech SteelFiber i95 (s)
Wedges:  :ping-small:  Glide 2.0 Stealth SS 52*/56* ... AWT 2.0 (w)
Putter:  :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red "L" Neck
Ball:  MfleKCg.jpg Pro

18 minutes ago, NoSpoon said:

Good afternoon all!  Thought it was about time to introduce myself and start participating here!  Really hoping to meet some fellow locals and start to expand my network of folks to play with!

-I've been playing for two full years.  Got the golf itch in 2017 but didn't do much about it.  In the late winter/early spring of '18, I started hitting the driving range on a weekly basis, and started to play some local 9-hole spots once the weather got nice.  Since then, I've gotten more and more excited about the game, and play as often as I can.  Over last season I was averaging scores in the mid-90s.  I've taken several lessons, and have been working obsessively on my putting this offseason, but am really hoping to take a big step forward this coming spring and will probably rededicate myself to some lessons.

-What don't I love about golf!!? I love the self-competitive aspect; the healthy ability to push myself constantly to get better.  I love the strategy of playing the game, especially when I'm hitting the ball well.  I love being on the course, being outside, meeting fellow golfers on the course, geeking out over equipment.  It's an amazing game and I'm thankful to have found it.

-I always have a tendency to be a bit of an equipment nerd when I'm taking on a new hobby.  Golf was no different, but finding MGS gave me an outlet to learn about equipment with a statistical mindset that speaks to my personality.  I don't know any other Spies, but I share the website every chance I get!!

-I'm from Upton, MA (right next to Hopkinton, where the Boston Marathon starts).  My home course is Shining Rock Golf Club, where I'm a weekday member.  I also play quite often at Juniper Hill in Northborough, and Sandy Burr in Wayland.

-Best is the number of beautiful summer days we have to play where the temperature isn't oppressive!  Love the fall foliage as well. The tough part is that the season is fairly short, so I get a little golf crazy in the winter.

I'm an investment actuary by trade. I work on large corporate retirement plans for a large consulting firm in Boston.  I'm a huge numbers guy.

-Not sure how I picked my username, but I've been using it for online forums for ages. Obviously there's a Matrix connection, but I can't even remember the last time I saw that movie...

Welcome!  myself and @lacassem play at shining rock a lot.  There's another few members in our immediate area too... we'll have to get a gathering together at some point this summer.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

28 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Welcome!  myself and @lacassem play at shining rock a lot.  There's another few members in our immediate area too... we'll have to get a gathering together at some point this summer.

Sounds great!  Would love to meet some fellow members.  Shining Rock is a beautiful course, although I'll admit some of the holes are a bit quirky (which I don't mind at all).

Fw woods: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback 14.5*/18.5* ... Fujikura Atmos Blue 7 (s)
Hybrids:   :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback One Length 4hy/5hy ... Fujikura ATMOS 7 ONE Length (s)

30 minutes ago, NoSpoon said:

Sounds great!  Would love to meet some fellow members.  Shining Rock is a beautiful course, although I'll admit some of the holes are a bit quirky (which I don't mind at all).

Yeah, we play in a league there and there certainly are a few holes there I would love to change.  I have an Albatross on 9 though! so that one is good in my book. haha

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2019 at 1:03 PM, B.Boston said:

Hey Golf Spies,

Bryan from outside of Boston here.  I grew up about 45 minutes west of Boston, went to school just outside the city, lived there for a few years, and now am back about 45 minutes away, almost right between Boston and Providence.

Long time lurker here, finally setting up an account.  Before I get started, I'd like to thank GolfSpy for the testing and reviews/analysis that they do.  It is awesome to get into those details without the marketing fluff from all of the OEMs.

I have been playing golf for as long as I can remember.  I learned to play with my dad on a little executive 9-hole course that is unfortunately now closed.  (Pine Acres in Bellingham).  Since I graduated for College my game has gotten consistently better and I am currently down to an 8.9, hoping to drop even lower this year.  My personal best was a 75 as Wentworth Hills Country Club.  Twice I have scored 4 birdies in a 5 hole stretch, and I also scored an Albatross on the par 5 9th hole at Shining Rock during league play last season! 

I love the challenge the game brings both physically and mentally.  The battle between playing against the course and my own weaknesses on the course and against other players in match play.  I love being outside and enjoying nature, as well as the camaraderie and back and fourth banter between my playing mates.  We all want to win, and get better every time we play, but we also have fun and can laugh at our bad shots too.

I have been on this site for reviews and forum threads in the past, but never had made a page for myself.  I don't know that I know any other Spies, but then we wouldn't be Spies right?! I love the no-nonsense approach of the analysis and reviews done here, and appreciate how they make the technical work they do and write it so that it is digestible by someone without an engineering degree.

I currently live in Bellingham, MA and play most frequently as Shining Rock in Northbridge as that is where my league meets.

Best is the variation of playing conditions and scenery between the seasons and styles of courses around.  We have every style of course imaginable and the fall foliage creates a beautiful and serene backdrop for late season play.  The winter is of course the #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6th worst things about golf in New England.  But you knew that already.  #7 is probably cost.

I am a financial analyst for a large software company HQ'd in MA.

Pretty simple really, B for Bryan Boston for my states Capital.  I use it whenever it's not taken.

I know everyone loves to share photos, here are a few of mine from the past season.  Please note neither of those swings are mine, so you can critique them all you want and won't hurt my feelings! 

IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2327.JPG

IMG_2459.jpg

IMG_2462.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2476.JPG

IMG_4149.JPG

IMG_4418.JPG

That’s because one of them are mine! (One hint John Daly) not representative of my swing now....I think.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

On 2/9/2020 at 12:19 PM, Lacassem said:

Hello all!

Figured I would start my first reply on this introduction:

-I have been playing golf since I was about 12 (not seriously) few times a summer at par 3 courses with my dad. Did not seriously start playing until I was 24 (after I got out of the Navy. Bad decision because I had the opportunity to play at some really cool courses around the world and did not take advantage). My handicap currently is between a 7/8 normally scoring in the low 80's.

-My favorite thing about golf is that its the hardest sport I have played and its a constant drive to improve. Also the competition/comradery of helping each other to A) help each other get better and of course B) beating them.

-Joined a few months ago but have not been active, enjoy reading the reviews and would like to start doing them. I do know 1 other spy Bryan Pluta *B.Boston.

-I am from Bellingham, MA. home course is Maplegate CC. My favorite course in the area though is Highfields.

-My favorite things are definitly the landscape, cant get it anywhere else. Also the challenge. New England course=Tight. My least favorite is that you cant play all year up here of course!

-I am a facilities manager. I manage planned maintenance, annual budgeting, vendor support as well as any soft service (landscaping, housekeeping etc) for 3.5 million SQ. FT. of real estate.. End goal is to eventually manage a golf club/resort.

-Super original last name first initial.

4E2ABF3F-FCE9-49D6-A1D0-2D395EDEF533.jpeg

A7956F2F-BBA3-409F-AC3C-7F72E5E05AB9.jpeg

D7FE05D2-B2C0-44D4-ACDD-1F1337092962.jpeg

44E8202C-4EA6-4ADD-A7F1-25F0EAE27C95.jpeg

2C0EC902-AF5A-4E31-B9CC-0B31D5428EBF.jpeg

6279841F-1F46-485E-A1F5-5019D5431804.png

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

That’s because one of them are mine! (One hint John Daly) not representative of my swing now....I think.

Yeah you’re a little less flexible now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was first introduced to golf about 35 years ago, but I've only been serious about learning the game and getting better for maybe the last 5 years. I don't have an official handicap but on an average day I'm in the mid-90s (hoping to change that for the better this year).

1. What do you love about golf?

The challenge of playing consistently, the natural beauty of golf courses, and the fact that I can unplug and just enjoy something outside for a number of hours. Also, I have to mention equipment. I absolutely love golf equipment.

1. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I've been coming to the website for years but never joined the forum. A lot of my spare time is spent reading up on pretty much anything I can find that's equipment related, so MGS is a great place to check out. I usually stay away from the commercial publications because if I wanted the manufacturer's opinion, I'd just go to their website. The data that accompanies club reviews on MGS is always interesting to parse through.

1. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I'm from Connecticut and my home course is The Griff (Griffith E. Harris Golf Course) in Greenwich, CT. I've also got a get away place on Kiawah Island, so Kiawah is fast becoming my home course.

1. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

In CT, the best things are spring and fall golf when the weather is pretty much perfect. The worst things are the winter weather and SLOW play. I'm pretty quick on the course and if I'm just playing on my own I'll get 18 holes in under 3 hours. A lot of the courses that I play in my area are dreadfully slow - which definitely affects when I go out to play. I'm more apt to go out at twilight, when I can just cruise along without having to wait 10 minutes on every tee box.

1. What do you do for a living?

I'm an attorney and run the legal department at a tech startup in NYC.

1. How’d you pick your user name?

Brogan was my Great Dane of 11 1/2 years.

:ping-small: G410 LST 9*

:ping-small: G425 Max 15*

:ping-small: G425 19*

:Miura: TC-201 5-PW

:mizuno-small: T-20 54*, :Miura: Milled Tour 60*

:bettinardi-small: Queen Bee 5

:taylormade-small: TP5x

2 hours ago, Brogan said:

I've been coming to the website for years but never joined the forum. 

Welcome! Glad to have you here. 

10 minutes ago, NoSpoon said:

Welcome! Glad to have you here. 

Thanks! This seems like a pretty chill place to chat about golf. Glad to be aboard.

:ping-small: G410 LST 9*

:ping-small: G425 Max 15*

:ping-small: G425 19*

:Miura: TC-201 5-PW

:mizuno-small: T-20 54*, :Miura: Milled Tour 60*

:bettinardi-small: Queen Bee 5

:taylormade-small: TP5x

Welcome! I to enjoy reading the posts on here. Gives some good insight without reading golf digest pros lol @Brogan

Edited by Lacassem

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

On 2/29/2020 at 1:18 PM, Brogan said:

On 2/8/2020 at 7:49 AM, KaiFoxtrot said:

1. Where are you from? What is your home course? Living in southern MA/Providence, RI area. No home course yet.

I am from the area as well. What are some of the courses you enjoy? I don’t get to RI often 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

On 2/11/2019 at 5:11 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
On 2/11/2019 at 5:11 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
  • How long have you been playing golf?

• 28 years

• What’s your handicap or normal score?

• What do you love about golf?

• decompression from life’s stresses 

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy?

• Looking at reviews and google lead me to this forum

• Do you already know any other Spies?

• No

• Where are you from? What is your home course?

• don’t really have one , I travel to play

• I live in Norwood MA

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? 

• best, summer time conditions. Fast play compared to where I played regularly in Los Angeles 🤦‍♂️ 

• What do you do for a living?

• Construction

• How’d you pick your user name?

• I don’t play much being I have 2 young children and work obligations, so I sneak off to the driving range when possible 

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning Golfspy members. I’ve been a fan of this site for a while and finally decided to join the conversation, and hopefully provide valuable input to the topics I have experience with. 

I began playing when I was 10 and played a while while a was young and competed is youth tournaments. Once school sports started that soon went away and I only golfed occasionally in the off season. About 4 years ago I picked it back up and haven’t stopped since. I play near 20 rounds a season and use indoor golf sims in the winter. My handicap is currently 12.

I love the challenge that every round provides. There is both a real physical side and a real mental side to the game. Thinking my way through a hole has always been a fun challenge. 

like most I was looking for honest opinions on golf equipment and found this website and fell in love with the content and the podcasts. 

though I am originally from Tennessee, I have been living in Maine for the last 10 years.  In particular I live in southern Maine (Scarborough). My home course, although I am not a member this year, is Nonesuch River Golf Club in Scarborough. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

the best is that the summer climate is very temperate there is not a crazy hot and dry season like you find in summer down south. The worst thing is obviously that the golf season is relatively short. It starts late due to melting snow and is cut off early due to freezing temps/snow again.

I work for a medical compound company Called Compounding Solutions. I am an engineer at the company and I manage the workflow of our medical
 Compounding production and provide engineering support to the production floor when needed. 

Good morning Golfspy members. I’ve been a fan of this site for a while and finally decided to join the conversation, and hopefully provide valuable input to the topics I have experience with. 

I began playing when I was 10 and played a while while a was young and competed is youth tournaments. Once school sports started that soon went away and I only golfed occasionally in the off season. About 4 years ago I picked it back up and haven’t stopped since. I play near 20 rounds a season and use indoor golf sims in the winter. My handicap is currently 12.

I love the challenge that every round provides. There is both a real physical side and a real mental side to the game. Thinking my way through a hole has always been a fun challenge. 

like most I was looking for honest opinions on golf equipment and found this website and fell in love with the content and the podcasts. 

though I am originally from Tennessee, I have been living in Maine for the last 10 years.  In particular I live in southern Maine (Scarborough). My home course, although I am not a member this year, is Nonesuch River Golf Club in Scarborough. 

the best is that the summer climate is very temperate there is not a crazy hot and dry season like you find in summer down south. The worst thing is obviously that the golf season is relatively short. It starts late due to melting snow and is cut off early due to freezing temps/snow again.

I work for a medical compound company Called Compounding Solutions. I am an engineer at the company and I manage the workflow of our medical Compounding production and provide engineering support to the production floor when needed. 

Welcome to the forums!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? - I have been playing golf for about 14 years now, and my average score hovers right around 80. 

2. What do you love about golf? - The challenge. Golf can be pretty humbling. It is also quite the puzzle. Each shot, good or bad, leads to the next challenge. There is something about tinkering and always trying to get better that I enjoy - even if it leads to a frustrating existence. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - I don't know any other golf Spies yet, but am excited to meet folks and interact! As far as what brings me to MyGolfSpy, I would say it goes back to what I said in my answer to the first question. I love tinkering and trying new things, and I want to learn about all golf/equipment related topics from a group of people that are as passionate about it as I am, so that I am educated along the way. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? - I grew up in Southeastern, CT, so my home course for most of my life was Pequot Golf Course  in Stonington, CT. These days I technically consider Lake Of Isles golf course home, but I play all over MA, and RI.  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - I'd say the access to different types of terrains, and layouts is unique. You can play inland on tree protected courses, up in the mountains the next day, or playing on a course that is exposed to the ocean. As much as inclement weather builds character on the golf course, I just wish the weather allowed us to golf year round. 

6. What do you do for a living? - I am a recruiter for a global modern business and tech consulting firm. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? - Honestly, it was simple, and the first thing that came to mind. 

Hey everyone!! First time post here! Always looking to play... I'm in SE Mass, so anywhere around there is great! 

1. How long have you been playing golf? I've been playing golf since 2006 (approximately) originally I just was at the driving range hammering away at a driver for hours! lol I got into the game for the first couple actual rounds of golf during that year and fell in love. I play as much as possible now! 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? My handicap is a 6.0 right now. Ended last season @ 5.7 but played a couple bad rounds in Phoenix, went on a buddies trip to the waste management, what a week! 

3. What do you love about golf? I love everything about it, I love the competitiveness the most, not necessarily with the playing competitors but with myself, when i'm out there playing i'm just trying to be better than i was the last round. It is a sport you can get very good at, but somedays you will get beaten by the course like its your first round out there. 

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? MGS was a site that popped up when I was looking for a new driver, I'm erratic AF off the tee with a driver in my hands, so I was looking for most forgiving, most likely for you to hit it straighter, anything to help me get off the tee! lol  I love the unbiased reviews, and the honesty. I like to tinker with clubs and recently just got back into it, so I love the breakdowns of all the "New" tech that gets reused a lot, and i love the new product updates.

5. Do you already know any other Spies? know a lot of my friends read MGS, but I don't think i've met anyone strictly through this website.  

6. Where are you from? I'm originally from Bridgewater, Massachusetts... I live in Dighton, Ma now. 

7. What is your home course? My home course, new member this year (COVID-19 shut us down) is Norton Country Club

8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Golf courses are GORGEOUS, all different designs & locations to choose from.  The WORST thing about my region is WINTER. 

9. What do you do for a living? I work for a General Contractor doing trade shows, we're always busy, but at the moment COVID-19 has shut us completely down until further notice (august) 

10. How’d you pick your user name? I run a traveling golf league in Massachusetts, it was actually started in New Hampshire by one of my buddies, the name of the league is Live Free Golf (NH State Motto).  Easy username choice! 

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9* - HZRDS Yellow 65g X

:ping-small:  G410 Crossover - 17* 2i - Alta CB 70x

:callaway-small:   X-Forged 18 - PX6.5 - 2*UP - "Standard" Length & Lofts

:vokey-small:  SM7 Wedges - 50* - 54* - 60* 

:taylormade-small: TP Patina Series Del Mar - 35" - 2* Loft - 70* Lie

:bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Hey everyone!! First time post here! Always looking to play... I'm in SE Mass, so anywhere around there is great! 

1. How long have you been playing golf? I've been playing golf since 2006 (approximately) originally I just was at the driving range hammering away at a driver for hours! lol I got into the game for the first couple actual rounds of golf during that year and fell in love. I play as much as possible now! 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? My handicap is a 6.0 right now. Ended last season @ 5.7 but played a couple bad rounds in Phoenix, went on a buddies trip to the waste management, what a week! 

3. What do you love about golf? I love everything about it, I love the competitiveness the most, not necessarily with the playing competitors but with myself, when i'm out there playing i'm just trying to be better than i was the last round. It is a sport you can get very good at, but somedays you will get beaten by the course like its your first round out there. 

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? MGS was a site that popped up when I was looking for a new driver, I'm erratic AF off the tee with a driver in my hands, so I was looking for most forgiving, most likely for you to hit it straighter, anything to help me get off the tee! lol  I love the unbiased reviews, and the honesty. I like to tinker with clubs and recently just got back into it, so I love the breakdowns of all the "New" tech that gets reused a lot, and i love the new product updates.

5. Do you already know any other Spies? I know a lot of my friends read MGS, but I don't think i've met anyone strictly through this website.  

6. Where are you from? I'm originally from Bridgewater, Massachusetts... I live in Dighton, Ma now. 

7. What is your home course? My home course, new member this year (COVID-19 shut us down) is Norton Country Club

8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Golf courses are GORGEOUS, all different designs & locations to choose from.  The WORST thing about my region is WINTER. 

9. What do you do for a living? I work for a General Contractor doing trade shows, we're always busy, but at the moment COVID-19 has shut us completely down until further notice (august) 

10. How’d you pick your user name? I run a traveling golf league in Massachusetts, it was actually started in New Hampshire by one of my buddies, the name of the league is Live Free Golf (NH State Motto).  Easy username choice! 

Welcome to the forums!

On 3/21/2020 at 9:42 AM, STerry147 said:

I work for a medical compound company Called Compounding Solutions. I am an engineer at the company and I manage the workflow of our medical
 Compounding production and provide engineering support to the production floor when needed. 

Welcome! How do you like the Maine courses? I have been going there camping since I was an infant and golfing as a teenager-now. Great courses and even better lakes!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

10 minutes ago, Live Free Golf MA said:

5. Do you already know any other Spies? know a lot of my friends read MGS, but I don't think i've met anyone strictly through this website.  

Welcome! I’m bridgewater have you played the links style course there (think it’s bridgewater anyway?) always good to see local folks.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Welcome! I’m bridgewater have you played the links style course there (think it’s bridgewater anyway?) always good to see local folks.

Old Scotland links I think is the course name if it’s the one I’m thinking of. I’ve been wanting to take a trip down there.

15 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Old Scotland links I think is the course name if it’s the one I’m thinking of. I’ve been wanting to take a trip down there.

Same

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I've been paying golf for 4 years now with this being my second year taking it seriously. My handicap is a 30.4 with my score being around 100 and have broken 100 4 times now.

2.What do you love about golf?

I love the challenge, golf is physically challenging but even more so mental. I love that the goal in a single round is different for everybody and no matter how good or bad you are the game is still hard. I love that a scratch golfer can play with a 32 handicap and the game will be competitive. 

I hear about MyGolfSpy all the time for the ball and driver testing along with the testers wanted section. I follow MyGolfSpy on instagram and love the podcast clips.

4.Where are you from? What is your home course?

I'm from Eastern CT and Foster Country Club is my home course.

5.What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best is the seasons. You can play in all weather types from march to october and can eve play during the winter at some small local courses. The worst thing is the cold. As good as it is to play a lot, playing in the cold can be miserable. 

I go to ECSU full time and work at a nursing home as a cook supervisor. 

It's my last name with my lucky number and HS graduation year

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Same

Yah it is called Olde Scotland Links. 

I'd suggest playing during the week, IMO they overbook on the weekends, makes for some slow rounds! 

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9* - HZRDS Yellow 65g X

:ping-small:  G410 Crossover - 17* 2i - Alta CB 70x

:callaway-small:   X-Forged 18 - PX6.5 - 2*UP - "Standard" Length & Lofts

:vokey-small:  SM7 Wedges - 50* - 54* - 60* 

:taylormade-small: TP Patina Series Del Mar - 35" - 2* Loft - 70* Lie

:bridgestone-small: Tour BX

1 hour ago, Live Free Golf MA said:

Yah it is called Olde Scotland Links. 

I'd suggest playing during the week, IMO they overbook on the weekends, makes for some slow rounds! 

Good insight thank you will keep that in mind

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Hi,

I'm looking forward to being an MGS member after being an interested onlooker for quite a while.

1.) I've been playing golf for ~40 years  Dabbled with the game for quite a while but It's been my #1 sports focus for the last 25 years+.

2.) I love the fact that golf is a game that you never master and there's always things you want to improve on.

3.) I've enjoyed MGS for a while as an onlooker - with lots of great information on equipment, courses and other interesting aspects of the game.

4.) I grew up in Boston and now live in Central MA.

5.) The best thing about golf in New England IMO is the classic design of many of the older courses, e.g. Donald Ross courses are all over this region from his pre-Pinehurst days.  The worst thing would be our long winter season.

6.) I'm retired now but I spent most of my career is sales management in the technology space.

7.) Not much explanation needed 🙂 

Hi,
I'm looking forward to being an MGS member after being an interested onlooker for quite a while.
1.) I've been playing golf for ~40 years  Dabbled with the game for quite a while but It's been my #1 sports focus for the last 25 years+.
2.) I love the fact that golf is a game that you never master and there's always things you want to improve on.
3.) I've enjoyed MGS for a while as an onlooker - with lots of great information on equipment, courses and other interesting aspects of the game.
5.) The best thing about golf in New England IMO is the classic design of many of the older courses, e.g. Donald Ross courses are all over this region from his pre-Pinehurst days.  The worst thing would be our long winter season.
6.) I'm retired now but I spent most of my career is sales management in the technology space.
7.) Not much explanation needed  

Welcome to the forums! What are some of your favorites out in central MA? Furthest west I’ve been is probably Kettle Brook and Wachusett CC.

2 hours ago, MAgolfer said:

Hi,

7.) Not much explanation needed 🙂 

Welcome to the forum and glad ya posted here for New England area! Same as @B.Boston What’s your favorite courses around? Mine for sure is highfields CC and the central mass area is my preferred area of play

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1.  How long have you been playing golf?

What's your handicap or normal score?   I've been playing golf for 51 years and over that 51 years have been as low as a 3 handicap and am currently a 15.

2.  What do you love about golf?

The camaraderie and skill needed to play the game successfully, and the joy of communing with nature.

3. What brings you to MyuGolfSpy? Do you already know amen other Spies?

I like reading and knowing first hand info about equipment. One of my playing partners put me on to you two or three years ago.

4. Where are you from? Where do you play?

I live in Casco, Maine, and my home course is Poland Spring Country Club where I have played since 1974.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf inn your region?

No matter where you are, if you're playing golf, there's nothing bad about it unless play is really slow. One really bad thing up here is the 5 month winter hiatus from the game ever year.

I'm a high school and college coach.

7. How'd you pick your name? 

Email address.

I’ve been playing golf since 2004.

Love the extreme challenge that golf presents to you. Not an easy game to master. Also, love the fact you our outside in fresh air, the views and landscapes.

Mygolfspy has the best reviews and knowledge about equipment out there.

I live in Hamden, CT. My home course is Laurel View CC. 

Best thing about my home course is that it tries to stay open all year. This year has been the best in years with the mild winter we had. Usually, my major complaint is the weather. Can’t say that this year. 

I am a Physical therapist assistant in a hospital. Challenging atmosphere at the present time due to Covid-19 virus.

My user name comes from my favorite movie