TESTERS WANTED! ×

New England: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

33 minutes ago, Pkc said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    I’ve been playing golf for 30 years, my GHIN is 4.7, normal score 74-80.

2. What do you love about golf?                   I’ve been addicted to golf since 8th grade, love that you can compete with others or just yourself and the course.  Really fell in love with competing while playing D1 golf.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?                    Was brought back onto MyGolfSpy to look at new clubs, what brought me to it last time as well.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?                                             Grew up just north of NYC, my teaching pro was Lighthouse Harry Cooper.  Now I live in Newburyport, Ma.  My home course is a private top 100 which I love playing.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?                         Love spring and fall golf with the cooler temps, hate the snow in the winter.

6. What do you do for a living?                     Partially retired at 40, now Invest

7. How’d you pick your user name?             My name 

Welcome back! What clubs were you looking at?

Newburyport is a beautiful area 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Welcome back! What clubs were you looking at?

Newburyport is a beautiful area 

Looking at new drivers, not sure which I’ll try yet, just starting the search, any recommendations?

8 hours ago, Pkc said:

Looking at new drivers, not sure which I’ll try yet, just starting the search, any recommendations?

I currently have the TS2. I enjoy it great sound and feel, might swap shafts out at some point soon. 
not sure if you read the review from MGS but they did a pretty comprehensive review of the 2020 drivers. 
If I didn’t revamp last year with the TS2 I definitely would have been looking at the SIM or the speed zone.

https://mygolfspy.com/best-drivers-2020/

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

And if you can hold off a week or two they will be releasing the driver report by swing speed category as well. You can always go look at the 2019 reports too for a starting point. What’s your driver swing speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

• 1 month later...

Hey NE Spies!  Are any of you interested in joining or bringing a team to a golf tournament in October?

My father runs this tournament annually and this year we’ve teamed up with a great organization in the Cystic Fibrosis Cycle for Life.  

Details are below  if you have any interest feel free to PM me!

50154857-13DF-4A9E-B573-520CB25FCB88.jpeg.8e1f8a73dff0ac6fb1a683e2f0e7c3e3.jpeg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

9 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Hey NE Spies!  Are any of you interested in joining or bringing a team to a golf tournament in October?

My father runs this tournament annually and this year we’ve teamed up with a great organization in the Cystic Fibrosis Cycle for Life.  

Details are below  if you have any interest feel free to PM me!

50154857-13DF-4A9E-B573-520CB25FCB88.jpeg.8e1f8a73dff0ac6fb1a683e2f0e7c3e3.jpeg

In there like swimwear 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 15 years on and off. Don’t keep an index anymore, although I’m a prob slightly better than a bogey golfer, with the ability to shoot much lower or higher depending on the course/tees.
  2. What do you love about golf? Walking, exercise, twilight solo rounds, the 1st tee time and walking 18 before most people get up, the sound/feel of a flushed iron shot. I’m an equipment junkie and like trying things, do a lot of adjustments myself. I experiment more than I practice and don’t really care about score. 
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I’ve been visiting MGS for years, decided to join because I’m bored on a Saturday morning. Do you already know any other Spies? Nope.
  4. Where are you from? West Hartford, CT What is your home course? Gillette Ridge technically, and I play Tunxis Plantation and Wintonbury Hills often
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Worsts: Humidity in July/August, Winter golf is rarely an option, grass tees at driving ranges are rare. Best: so many courses within a 20 min drive. Insane having moved from OR a few years back.
  6. What do you do for a living? The Cyber
  7. How’d you pick your user name? Pace of play. I don’t like people obsessing over short puts. ~Inside the grip on your putter, pick it up and move to the next hole. 

Hi all! Posting a WITB shortly... 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 15 years on and off. Don’t keep an index anymore, although I’m a prob slightly better than a bogey golfer, with the ability to shoot much lower or higher depending on the course/tees.
  2. What do you love about golf? Walking, exercise, twilight solo rounds, the 1st tee time and walking 18 before most people get up, the sound/feel of a flushed iron shot. I’m an equipment junkie and like trying things, do a lot of adjustments myself. I experiment more than I practice and don’t really care about score. 
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I’ve been visiting MGS for years, decided to join because I’m bored on a Saturday morning. Do you already know any other Spies? Nope.
  4. Where are you from? West Hartford, CT What is your home course? Gillette Ridge technically, and I play Tunxis Plantation and Wintonbury Hills often
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Worsts: Humidity in July/August, Winter golf is rarely an option, grass tees at driving ranges are rare. Best: so many courses within a 20 min drive. Insane having moved from OR a few years back.
  7. How’d you pick your user name? Pace of play. I don’t like people obsessing over short puts. ~Inside the grip on your putter, pick it up and move to the next hole. 

Welcome to the forums! One of my college buddies is originally from Avon.

15 minutes ago, ThatsaGimme said:

Welcome I like your “what I love about golf”. One thing about this year that silver lining on Covid is enjoying the walk more since it’s more “acceptable”. Enjoy the Saturday morning reads!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2019 at 5:11 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: New England Region

Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? 43 years on and off.  What’s your handicap or normal score? 20.7 this year

2. What do you love about golf? Being outside on beautiful landscapes and playing a crazy game

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?  My son Mark suggested I join. Do you already know any other Spies? Mark Lacasse and Bryan Pluta

4. Where are you from? Bellingham, MA  What is your home course? Maplegate CC

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Short season and courses closing.

6. What do you do for a living? Retired Vocational Teacher

7. How’d you pick your user name?  name and birth year

4-PW and UW Ping G710

Ping Glide 54 degree wedge

1,3,5 Taylor-Made Titanium bubble shafts (24years)

Top-Flite Gamer Putter

1 hour ago, Placasse61 said:

Welcome to the forums hope you enjoy the community and share your thoughts.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

1 hour ago, Placasse61 said:

There he is! Welcome dad! @GolfSpy Stroker my nagging has worked!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing about 15 years. My index is 20, and hasn't budged. 

2. What do you love about golf?  I love being outdoors, and the eternal challenge of improving.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Not sure how I found MyGolfSpy, I think it was equipment reviews.  I am going to donate some bucks after completing this profile

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in Wilton, CT.  I usually work in NYC but since COVID-19, have been working in Westport, CT. I used to belong to Silvermine GC, but thanks to work, I get to travel and play some cool courses. The course I play most frequently is The Griff in Greenwich

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best:  we have some of the greatest classic courses in the whole country a half-hour drive away. Worst: I could never join those clubs

6. What do you do for a living? Banking

7. How’d you pick your user name? Combination of my nickname and the coolest number in the world

Huge Syracuse Orange fan, as you can see from this photo!

IMG_1357.jpeg

SW: Cleveland CBX 2 56 degree, 12 bounce

GW:  Cleveland CBX 2 52 degree, 11 bounce

6 - 9 irons: Callaway RAZR X HL Irons,  True Temper M-10 XP steel shaft

5H Callaway RAZR X HL 27 degree, 60 lie, 38.75" length

4H: Taylormade 22 degree,   60.5 Lie    40.25" length

3W Callaway Diablo Octane 15 degree, 56 lie, 43"

Taylormade Rocketballz 10.5 degree 46"

Effin’ Pete! Welcome to the party!

New England Region what’s good?

Born and Raised in CT

Started playing golf at 7 years old to spend time with my father on the weekends and fell in love with the game a few years later. I’ve been playing for 25 years now and was at my best a 0 index before I had my two girls. Now a 3.5 index and steadily going up. My average score this year is a 76.8 but would like to be around 74 or better. 

I love golf for the life lessons is has taught me. The challenge of playing vs. par and playing against yourself each and every time. The mental conditioning and mindset growth it forces. I love what golf teaches me about me and what it teaches me about other people and how it can be a life-long sport. Being outside and playing with family and great friends doesn’t get any better. 

I joined the forum a few months after I started to follow the mygolfspy Instagram page and really liked the honest reviews and videos posted which gives me confidence to try new products and give up others. I have recently bought the Mizuno golf gloves, the Snell MTB-X balls and TP5x balls from reading the MyGolfSpys reviews.

Live in Brookfield, CT. I play at Washington Golf Club mostly now and love playing my old track Ridgewood CC also Oxford Greens, Richter Park, Lake Waramaug CC, Candlewood Valley, Waterbury, Yale, Bulls Bridge and Centennial I try and play each once every season. 

Best thing about my area of courses is they have been in excellent shape the past 3-4 years. The greens are generally fast and run nicely. The season is short and playing in the cold sucks with extra layers on. 

I am a Doctor of Chiropractic 

my username is my first Name2.0

1D0D275C-BDDE-404B-8227-497717852525.jpeg

4 hours ago, Myles2.0 said:

Born and Raised in CT

Started playing golf at 7 years old to spend time with my father on the weekends and fell in love with the game a few years later. I’ve been playing for 25 years now and was at my best a 0 index before I had my two girls. Now a 3.5 index and steadily going up. My average score this year is a 76.8 but would like to be around 74 or better. 

I love golf for the life lessons is has taught me. The challenge of playing vs. par and playing against yourself each and every time. The mental conditioning and mindset growth it forces. I love what golf teaches me about me and what it teaches me about other people and how it can be a life-long sport. Being outside and playing with family and great friends doesn’t get any better. 

I joined the forum a few months after I started to follow the mygolfspy Instagram page and really liked the honest reviews and videos posted which gives me confidence to try new products and give up others. I have recently bought the Mizuno golf gloves, the Snell MTB-X balls and TP5x balls from reading the MyGolfSpys reviews.

Live in Brookfield, CT. I play at Washington Golf Club mostly now and love playing my old track Ridgewood CC also Oxford Greens, Richter Park, Lake Waramaug CC, Candlewood Valley, Waterbury, Yale, Bulls Bridge and Centennial I try and play each once every season. 

Best thing about my area of courses is they have been in excellent shape the past 3-4 years. The greens are generally fast and run nicely. The season is short and playing in the cold sucks with extra layers on. 

Welcome! Yea the snell balls are no joke and without this forum probably never would have even gave them a look!

enjoy the site!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Born and Raised in CT

1D0D275C-BDDE-404B-8227-497717852525.jpeg.2d5051eda4edaf2eb783dff607afd87c.jpeg

Welcome to the forums Myles! Cute kids!

On 10/9/2020 at 2:09 AM, Myles2.0 said:

Born and Raised in CT

Welcome to the forums and hope you enjoy and share your thoughts. As someone with some young little ones as well the handicap has suffered but hopefully I can get one of them out on the course when they get a bit older.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

3 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Welcome to the forums and hope you enjoy and share your thoughts. As someone with some young little ones as well the handicap has suffered but hopefully I can get one of them out on the course when they get a bit older.

@B.Boston we gotta get @ejgaudette in on golf weekend next year

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

@B.Boston we gotta get @ejgaudette in on golf weekend next year

I am in I saw the mass get together, and almost threw my hat in, but the time didn't work, live a bit north in NH but northern Mass near the NH boarder would be not a bad trip down.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 

I started playing regularly in the spring of 2019.  I played some before that, too, between 2006 and 2008--attended the 2008 US Open at Torrey Pines where Rocco Mediate and Tiger Woods brought the weekend to a spectacular close.

These past two years I’ve been overcome by a must-play-energy. That, has resulted in going from a 24 to oscillating between a 16-14 to date.

2. What do you love about golf?

Every hole is like kickin’ a can on your way home; You get to where you’re going in spite of the can.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I don’t know any golf spies. They must be lurking in the bushes. It was researching shafts that landed me here this time. I’ve built a handful of sets and I’m currently working on a driver.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

We’re here in Massachusetts. My membership is at Edge Hill G.C. That's in Ashfield (western Mass).

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? 

Well, I love everything about the region. Unto itself, it is hilly, rocky and densely wooded, so shaping a course into it is no small feat. Those that have, I hold in high regard and that regard stays with me during a round. You'd have to stand on a tee box around here to really understand why. 

Some things in the "Best" column:  lots of narrow targets, sweet spots are sometimes only 10 yards in diameter. There’s plenty of need for shaping shots and, in some cases, it’s just to hold the slopes with a prayer. Winter provides for indoor practice, club building, cleaning up found balls, tending to the leathers, etc. I've even cleared snow from the walking paths on the property by swinging a seven iron (divots in snow are just as telling). I can’t think of anything in the “Worst” column when it comes to golf.

6. What do you do for a living?

I’ve been an artist all my life. In the moment, I’m working on a series of paintings about golf. We also own a little inn.

7.  How’d you pick your user name?

I didn’t. It’s a nickname from the guys in the league. It caught on after a bit. Since then, I've stamped it into my wedges. Maybe when we play together we'll get into what it means. Ha!

On 10/9/2020 at 7:06 AM, Lacassem said:

Yea the snell balls are no joke and without this forum probably never would have even gave them a look!

Same here. I switched from Pro V-1X to Snell MTB-X. I like the ball AND the price better

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

32 minutes ago, O.T.B. said:

I started playing regularly in the spring of 2019.  I played some before that, too, between 2006 and 2008--attended the 2008 US Open at Torrey Pines where Rocco Mediate and Tiger Woods brought the weekend to a spectacular close.

These past two years I’ve been overcome by a must-play-energy. That, has resulted in going from a 24 to oscillating between a 16-14 to date.

Every hole is like kickin’ a can on your way home; You get to where you’re going in spite of the can.

I don’t know any golf spies. They must be lurking in the bushes. It was researching shafts that landed me here this time. I’ve built a handful of sets and I’m currently working on a driver.

We’re here in Massachusetts. My membership is at Edge Hill G.C. That's in Ashfield (western Mass).

Well, I love everything about the region. Unto itself, it is hilly, rocky and densely wooded, so shaping a course into it is no small feat. Those that have, I hold in high regard and that regard stays with me during a round. You'd have to stand on a tee box around here to really understand why. 

Some things in the "Best" column:  lots of narrow targets, sweet spots are sometimes only 10 yards in diameter. There’s plenty of need for shaping shots and, in some cases, it’s just to hold the slopes with a prayer. Winter provides for indoor practice, club building, cleaning up found balls, tending to the leathers, etc. I've even cleared snow from the walking paths on the property by swinging a seven iron (divots in snow are just as telling). I can’t think of anything in the “Worst” column when it comes to golf.

I’ve been an artist all my life. In the moment, I’m working on a series of paintings about golf. We also own a little inn.

I didn’t. It’s a nickname from the guys in the league. It caught on after a bit. Since then, I've stamped it into my wedges. Maybe when we play together we'll get into what it means. Ha!

Welcome! What shafts were you looking at? Did you purchase anything due to a thread on here?

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Just now, tony@CIC said:

Same here. I switched from Pro V-1X to Snell MTB-X. I like the ball AND the price better

Key word and. Played a whole round a few weeks back with snell.....I think they bounced off the trees better too!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

2 hours ago, O.T.B. said:

Welcome to the forums and hope you find some good information about shafts and everything else in the golf world.

Definitely enjoying the snells as someone who usually loses a sleeve a round at that price i really don't worry about them. I did have a couple balls in the batch I got in the spring that had bad covers after a few holes. I've only played one sleeve out of the batch that shipped a couple of weeks ago but haven't had any problems with them yet. I play the yellow, not sure if that makes a difference or not

2 hours ago, Patriots68 said:

Definitely enjoying the snells as someone who usually loses a sleeve a round at that price i really don't worry about them. I did have a couple balls in the batch I got in the spring that had bad covers after a few holes. I've only played one sleeve out of the batch that shipped a couple of weeks ago but haven't had any problems with them yet. I play the yellow, not sure if that makes a difference or not

I have heard good things about the Snell,not sure if you saw it but the ball lab work Tony has done is great and the Snell was just a couple weeks ago. Here it is if you missed it, solid value option.

https://mygolfspy.com/snell-mtb-x-golf-ball-review/

23 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Welcome! What shafts were you looking at? Did you purchase anything due to a thread on here?

Thanks, Lacassem!

I haven't purchased anything, yet, but I started looking at articles by searching keywords: "reviews+shafts+ Titleist 917 D3 (the head I have). One thing led to another here on the site, including me entering into a bid for testing a new TSi. Ha! The articles also turned my attention to the M.R. Tensei AV Raw shafts. As a result of further research, I'm now considering M.R. Tensei CK Orange 60 S-Flex or a Diamana Blue Board S-Flex.

I currently have two sets of Diamana for both the D and the F3: Diamana D+ White S-Flex and Diamana Blue board, R-flex. The Whites are a bit too much of a low launch for most conditions I play--I'm looking to raise the trajectory a bit during a more deliberate swing. The Blue works great for me in the F3. 

Before buying again, I'm going to try shortening the Diamana Blue R-flex for the driver to stiffen it up a bit, and see how that plays. As a regular ol' R-Flex, its whippy.

10 minutes ago, O.T.B. said:

Thanks, Lacassem!

I haven't purchased anything, yet, but I started looking at articles by searching keywords: "reviews+shafts+ Titleist 917 D3 (the head I have). One thing led to another here on the site, including me entering into a bid for testing a new TSi. Ha! The articles also turned my attention to the M.R. Tensei AV Raw shafts. As a result of further research, I'm now considering M.R. Tensei CK Orange 60 S-Flex or a Diamana Blue Board S-Flex.

I currently have two sets of Diamana for both the D and the F3: Diamana D+ White S-Flex and Diamana Blue board, R-flex. The Whites are a bit too much of a low launch for most conditions I play--I'm looking to raise the trajectory a bit during a more deliberate swing. The Blue works great for me in the F3. 

Before buying again, I'm going to try shortening the Diamana Blue R-flex for the driver to stiffen it up a bit, and see how that plays. As a regular ol' R-Flex, its whippy.

I was never an investigator of shafts. Well it’s a slippery slope and now I’m enveloped in it 😂 lots out there. Have you been fitted?

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

4 hours ago, O.T.B. said:

Thanks, Lacassem!

Just be careful of swing weight when cutting down the driver length. Might need to some lead tape added to the head to keep it similar. Good luck on finding a new shaft.